No announcement yet.

DeAngelo Hall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The odds of a 2nd round pick, or a 1st even, of being better than DeAngelo Hall aren't very good. Then we just have a massive need at CB.

Oh, and Jonathan Vilma is out for season.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

If DeAngelo Hall is going to continue complaining and demanding to be paid like the best corner in the league, something he definitely is not, then yes I would rather have the draft pick. You cannot win with that kind of attitude eroding the team morale.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        If DeAngelo Hall is going to continue complaining and demanding to be paid like the best corner in the league, something he definitely is not, then yes I would rather have the draft pick. You cannot win with that kind of attitude eroding the team morale.

He is still a top 3 corner at the age of 23. That doesn't come around often. You say he is killing the morale, but he isn't. That one falls on Petrino.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          He is still a top 3 corner at the age of 23. That doesn't come around often. You say he is killing the morale, but he isn't. That one falls on Petrino.
          Hall is not top-3. He makes plays on the ball, but so do players like Asante Samuel and Rashean Mathis and they don't get picked on successfully as often as Hall does.
          Last edited by Shiver; 10-28-2007, 03:24 AM.

Comment

As a follow up to my prior post: Atlanta was the worst team against #1 receivers last year. I know that isn't all on Hall, but still that is still an indictment of Hall's risky playing style that allows opposing receivers to make plays. What about this year? Improvement: 25th against #1 receivers. Not exactly ideal.
            Last edited by Shiver; 10-28-2007, 03:24 AM.

Comment

As a follow up to my prior post: Atlanta was the worst team against #1 receivers last year. I know that isn't all on Hall, but still that is still an indictment of Hall's risky playing style that allows opposing receivers to make plays. What about this year? Improvement: 25th against #1 receivers. Not exactly ideal.
              I really don't see it. Hall effectively has shutdown ever WR, except for Toomer/Plaxico.

Comment

You also have to consider the safeties that are playing behind him which we know are not the best in coverage.

Comment

FALCONS PUNISH HALL FOR COMMENTS
                  Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Falcons have fined cornerback DeAngelo Hall $50,000 for his recent comments criticizing the team for cutting defensive tackle Grady Jackson.
                  Technically, the team is merely enforcing the full amount of the $100,000 fine imposed on him after a meltdown during a game against the Panthers, during which Hall was fined three times for 67 yards on the same drive.
                  Apparently, the Falcons told Hall that, if he keeps his mouth shut, the fine will be cut to $50,000. Since Hall hasn't, the $50,000 has been reinstated.

Comment

FALCONS PUNISH HALL FOR COMMENTS
                    Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Falcons have fined cornerback DeAngelo Hall $50,000 for his recent comments criticizing the team for cutting defensive tackle Grady Jackson.
                    Technically, the team is merely enforcing the full amount of the $100,000 fine imposed on him after a meltdown during a game against the Panthers, during which Hall was fined three times for 67 yards on the same drive.
                    Apparently, the Falcons told Hall that, if he keeps his mouth shut, the fine will be cut to $50,000. Since Hall hasn't, the $50,000 has been reinstated.

damn you lose money and yards all in one drive? that's harsh.

Comment

Yeah. The slim chances of him staying are pretty much gone. I dont think he wants any part of this organization anymore. I bet he likes the idea of going to a new team too. Just like his idol Sanders.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

DeAngelo Hall handing his intercepted ball to Arthur Blank is a great sign. That means he wants to play in Atlanta, but it also means he wants to be paid. If all it takes is a new contract and all of this will be water under the bridge I will be ecstatic.

Comment

That is kind of a cool thing, as much as I hate Hall.

Comment

Or maybe he is just playing nice now, and then come time he dips

Comment

DeAngelo Hall handing his intercepted ball to Arthur Blank is a great sign. That means he wants to play in Atlanta, but it also means he wants to be paid. If all it takes is a new contract and all of this will be water under the bridge I will be ecstatic.
                              true that... hmmm... my thoughts on this situation... he could be in the whole I'm a team player mold right now... he had 2 int's that he caught with other guys and let them come down with it instead of him because as he said they had better position to get yards after the play... it's not a surprise to see him do this... but I'm just glad he is playing well.

Owner of ScarDraft
                              Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                                true that... hmmm... my thoughts on this situation... he could be in the whole I'm a team player mold right now... he had 2 int's that he caught with other guys and let them come down with it instead of him because as he said they had better position to get yards after the play... it's not a surprise to see him do this... but I'm just glad he is playing well.

Yeah, it'd be so awesome to keep Hall around. For the most part I really like our D, it's just our offense that needs alot of work.

People have been talking about him trying to steal the ball from Jimmy. It didn't look like that at all to me. It looked like he was trying to make sure Jimmy had it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information