DeAngelo Hall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeAngelo Hall

What do you think will be the outcome of this? Is this going to be Deion Sanders all over again? Hall and Petrino dont have a very good relationship it seems, and Hall can already void the 09 season and might leave as a FA, if we dont end up trading him after this year.

I seriously hope things can mend up, because I think he is going to be the best man to man corner in the league as soon as he matures and gets his head in the game. He is only 23.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

He'll be fine...he'll be a lifetime Falcon, we have to have him.

Comment

We'll see. They basically have a year to mend the relationship, but frankly I don't think that Hall is mature enough to accept that he is in the wrong. If Hall and Petrino still have issues at the end of this season, I can see McKay starting to shop Hall around. Problem is, no team would be willing to agree a trade without getting him signed longterm, and they're not going to tempt Hall without a massive offer.

Right now, the odds are that Hall leaves as a free agent at the end of the 2008 season. Things might change, but right now that's the likeliest option, bad as it is.

If it comes down to a battle between Petrino and Hall, there's only going to be one winner.
      TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

We've learned with Schaub we don't let players get away for nothing...

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Atlanta Falcons Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall asked the franchise to trade him last week, according to two sources. The Falcons informed Hall that his request will not be immediately granted.

"He's going to play out the season and see what happens," said a source close to Hall. "He's not happy, but he'll calm down and see how things are I would expect some teams will be asking about him, but the Falcons said they won't trade him."

Both sources said Hall's antics during a loss to the Carolina Panthers in Week 3 were a product of frustration with losing and from his dissatisfaction with how the team has handled numerous issues. That includes the treatment of quarterback and close friend Michael Vick suspended by the league and asked to repay the Falcons $20 million in signing bonuses in relation to his guilty plea on federal dogfighting charges.

Hall was fined $100,000 after being flagged three times for 67 yards on the game-deciding drive and then arguing with Petrino against the Panthers. In addition, Hall was benched during the first quarter of Sunday's game against the Houston Texasn.

Asked if Hall and coach Bobby Petrino were getting along, one of the sources said, "Let's just say, they'll have some time to figure it out."

Hall is considered one of the top players on the Falcons roster, particularly after the loss of Vick. Hall, who has two years remaining on his contract, was the No. 8 overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft.

During the offseason, Hall said he wanted to wait until free agency before signing a new contract.

Comment

nooooo...!

Comment

Either or, DeAngelo Hall would want to get big cash after this season. Blank won't let Hall just walk though, we will get something or someone that will make up for DeAngelo Hall if he leaves... so don't worry. Hall's good, but his ego always got in the way. I believe he's better than Champ Bailey and all of those other cornerbacks that outperform him week in and week out, but he just gets too confident every game, and I really think that he doesn't get the most out of his talent that way. It's hard to hear this especially after we lost the biggest part of our franchise, and now, it seems like we can be potentially losing what seemed to be the face of our defense for many years to come.

Comment

i think its imperative we keep him. we have a 23 year old locking down many of the top recievers today. he has an incredible future and if we lose him it just sets our 'rebuilding' farther.

Comment

the cards would be glad to give ya a 2nd or 3rd for him

he basically wont even have to change uniforms

Comment

**** it up again FO. Make us regret this like we regret Deion Sanders. Make it like we regret Brett Favre.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

DeAngelo Hall is a moron. Seriously, you screw up, you let everyone on the team down and YOU demand to be traded? That's enough to alienate me.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                        the cards would be glad to give ya a 2nd or 3rd for him

he basically wont even have to change uniforms

That's the going rate for shut down corners?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          That's the going rate for shut down corners?
                          shh i'm trying to rob you guys

Comment

atl, please keep hall. thank you.

Comment

I lost the article, but did anyone else see where he thought they had the falling out because he didn't want to play WR and PR? I think it said he went to one offensive meeting and decided he didn't want to learn an offense along with the new defense and didn't want to return kicks because he didn't want to get hurt.

I would hope that played no factor in their relationship, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information