No announcement yet.

Andre Woodson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there are just way too many options for this team as far as the draft goes. I like Sam, but I'm quickly becoming a bigger fan of Dennis...

Comment

Originally posted by litlharsh View Post
      Washington - Landry was definitely WTF? I was so pissed they took him at the time. Peterson to MN had been going on for a while though. speculation abound.

And I can see how you'd be totally pissed. That sucks.
      actually both picks were speculated well in advance and to me landry wasnt as big of a surprise as peterson. o well nothin beats ted ginn.

Comment

I want the next QB of the Falcons to be as different from Michael Vick as possible. No Dixon!

Comment

You guys still like Woodson after today's performance?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            I want the next QB of the Falcons to be as different from Michael Vick as possible. No Dixon!
            Haha. I thought Mike had a ton of potential in Petrino's system where a big arm and athletism can be deadly, which is part of the reason I've liked Dixon so much.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              You guys still like Woodson after today's performance?

Yes. The fumbles where huge, but look at his passing stats. They are still pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                Yes. The fumbles where huge, but look at his passing stats. They are still pretty solid.
                I'm not really bothered by the fumbles. It's the poor decision making, not knowing how to handle pressure in the backfield, zero elusiveness and hit or miss accuracy. He basically looked like a bus driver type QB. He couldn't rally his team and didn't show signs of being able to take the game over. Looks too robotic, imo. Brohm is a much better QB in almost every facet of the game.

Comment

Dixon is the man...I want a QB who can move...not run...move. Dixon is a good athlete but he's not going to pull it down and run every opportunity he gets either. I dunno...I'd love to bring Stewart and Dixon both here in the 2nd round if that was possible and then in the first round take a Sam Baker or someone like that...or Rey if he comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    I'm not really bothered by the fumbles. It's the poor decision making, not knowing how to handle pressure in the backfield, zero elusiveness and hit or miss accuracy. He basically looked like a bus driver type QB. He couldn't rally his team and didn't show signs of being able to take the game over. Looks too robotic, imo. Brohm is a much better QB in almost every facet of the game.

Personally I didn't see the game, but Brohm hasn't impressed me at all so far.

Comment

Have you watched him play though? He's incredibly impressive. He's ELITE no matter what year he comes out. He would have challenged for #1 with JaMarcus last year. He's got everything you could want in a QB...really. Great head on his shoulders, great decisions, gets the ball out of his hands quick, and can throw a deep ball that's for darn sure. Beautiful touch on his passes...I like Woodson but I can't get away from Brohm, I think we're over skeptical simply because it's the easy thing to do would be to bring him back with his old College coach. But Brohm is an elite talent no doubt about it.

Comment

Yeah, it's still early but, Kiper has him falling. Today on Mike and Mike he ranked the QB's like so...

1. Brohm
                        2. Ryan
                        3. Woodson

The next few games against the SEC's elite, could really be a deciding factor in Andre's draft position. Woodson was awful last night...he's not used to being rushed and it showed...he was forcing throws and constantly making bad decisions. He's lucky to have come out of the game with only three turnovers. As Kiper said, these next few weeks will define Woodson. They could mean the difference between being taken 2nd among Qb's or being say the 4th signal caller taken off the board. Yes, it was one game but, already his stock seems to be falling among experts. He did not look like an elite prospect yesterday. It was a very poor showing...he needs to bring his "A" game next week against LSU. Now, I'm sure he'll still be taken 2nd after Brohm but, he really needs to show that he can be better when under pressure in the upcoming weeks.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-05-2007, 10:56 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          23-40 is nothing to really get excited over and the bulk of his yards game on screens and uncovered hitches.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

The thing is, any QB can look pretty good when he gets time in the pocket.

When it comes to drafting, I'd prefer to take the QB whom I've seen get subjected to heavy pressure, and has done well more often than not, ahead of the guy who's been sitting pretty throwing 70%.

It is definitely worrying that the first time Woodson was subjected to a good defense, he looked average, if not panicked. It will be a good indication of his temperament to see how he responds when facing LSU. Apparently they have a decent defense...
                            TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

If Harrington keeps it up, which is a lot to ask, QB might not even be a need nor will the team be in position to draft one of the elite ones. How Harrington plays from here on out will determine a lot of things.

Comment

Indeed. That would obviously be a good thing. Brohm, Woodson and Ryan all have a decent chance to be good NFL QBs, but none of them is exactly Peyton part deux.

If Harrington turns out to be even just a tolerable starting QB, we're suddenly only a few pieces (basically some extra size on both lines) from being genuinely competitive. And with a ton of draft picks this year...

Keep the confidence going, Joey.
                                TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information