No announcement yet.

Andre Woodson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

say we finish.. 7-9. harrington has an abysmal season, but the best of his career. do we still look at a future qb in the mid first or second round?

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
      Have you watched him play though? He's incredibly impressive. He's ELITE no matter what year he comes out. He would have challenged for #1 with JaMarcus last year. He's got everything you could want in a QB...really. Great head on his shoulders, great decisions, gets the ball out of his hands quick, and can throw a deep ball that's for darn sure. Beautiful touch on his passes...I like Woodson but I can't get away from Brohm, I think we're over skeptical simply because it's the easy thing to do would be to bring him back with his old College coach. But Brohm is an elite talent no doubt about it.
      After watching Kentucky lose against SC, it's really ease to see that Brohm is the better QB. Even after seeing Louisville lose against Utah.

Comment

Woodson looked bad yesterday when he faced constant pressure. He also has the privelege of having a great running game to support him which gets overlooked when he is hyped up.

Comment

Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
          say we finish.. 7-9. harrington has an abysmal season, but the best of his career. do we still look at a future qb in the mid first or second round?

If Harrington and Leftwich are under contract, and Harrington had a solid season (i.e the best of his career), then I would say no.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            If Harrington and Leftwich are under contract, and Harrington had a solid season (i.e the best of his career), then I would say no.

I would have to agree. I think we go for a McFadden, Dorsey, or Long instead, and pick up a 2nd or 3rd round QB to try and mold.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
              I would have to agree. I think we go for a McFadden, Dorsey, or Long instead, and pick up a 2nd or 3rd round QB to try and mold.
              the falcons would be better off selecting a player who could be the face of the franchise a position vick held for the longest time and officially have them move on in the post-vick era..mcfadden fits the bill

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                the falcons would be better off selecting a player who could be the face of the franchise a position vick held for the longest time and officially have them move on in the post-vick era..mcfadden fits the bill

Yes he does, but a big-time LT, or someone like Dorsey is probably a bigger need. If Barber or Turner become available, and we pick one of them up, our RB problem is solved. Even though I love the Norwood/DMac combo.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post

Winning cures all ills. People, for the most part, will forget about Vick if the team does well. Harrington has been good thus far, and Leftwich has talent as well. If they can play adequately then the team: 1. won't be in a position to draft one of the 'elite' Quarterbacks, and 2. it would help the team more to draft a LT, DT, or RB.

Comment

Brohm will be better under Petrino's system.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      Yes he does, but a big-time LT, or someone like Dorsey is probably a bigger need. If Barber or Turner become available, and we pick one of them up, our RB problem is solved. Even though I love the Norwood/DMac combo.
                      i feel a RB for the falcons is just as big of a need as a LT or DT

Comment

Those three are the biggest, by far. I thought QB would have been, but so far so good. Petrino's offense has made Joey Harrington look like Joey Heisman again.

Comment

For my 2 cents I don't think ATL needs a QB. Your D line is old with Grady Jackson starting while Coleman is injured all the time. Petrino doesn't have the type of big, beefy o-line he wants or the big bruising Eric Shelton or Mike Bush type back in this offense. The safeties suck and the only corner yall have is DeAngelo Hall. Joey is looking different while Leftwich is young already. Build up the LINE.
                          Bluto- When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.

Comment

This is why overreaction is so dangerous. First two weeks Harrington sucked it up, then he was great the next two weeks, and now.... There isn't any semblance of consistency.

Comment

yes but look at the time he got last week AND in the preason. Joey is a smart guy, if we get him time back there he will make reads rip teams to shreads. As of now, unless we draft Dennis Dixon to run away from 300lbers every 2nd play there isnt much difference who is in there at Qb.

Granted; the completion to Roddy White not going for 6 was all on Joey.

The season is only 16 games long, over-reaction is all part of the fun.
                              Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 10-08-2007, 05:12 AM.
                              Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information