Andre Woodson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Woodson

So is it safe to assume that he is better than Brohm?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

i think so..

better stats
    better competition
    more success.

Comment

I like him better than Brohm, but I think the odds are better that the team ends up with Brohm. Right now I think Woodson is the #1 pick right now, unless a team has absolutely no need for a QB. I think Atlanta will finish with a record that will earn a 5-6 draft slot.

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
        So is it safe to assume that he is better than Brohm?
        I think so, physically he is superior to Brohm, Woodson is very accurate, has a nice arm and can go deep, his mechanics are good, he is a great leader, and #1 is he never makes stupid throws. He has the NCAA record for most passes thrown without an interception, his ceiling is high. Brohm I see has a gunslinger who can get himself in trouble like a Marc Bulger or worst case scenario a Rex Grossman, but with Petrino it will be interesting, kinda like Tennessee in which everyone thought they would take Leinart because of Norm Chow, but they decided instead to make the smart move and take the better QB.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
          I think so, physically he is superior to Brohm, Woodson is very accurate, has a nice arm and can go deep, his mechanics are good, he is a great leader, and #1 is he never makes stupid throws. He has the NCAA record for most passes thrown without an interception, his ceiling is high. Brohm I see has a gunslinger who can get himself in trouble like a Marc Bulger or worst case scenario a Rex Grossman, but with Petrino it will be interesting, kinda like Tennessee in which everyone thought they would take Leinart because of Norm Chow, but they decided instead to make the smart move and take the better QB.
          I hope we do the same thing. Petrino doesnt have much say in drafting, but there might be a small chance we take Brohm over Woodson. I would be pissed though.

At the rate we are going though, I think we will be picking outside the top5, and Brohm will slip, so we can still have him. That would be a pretty good scenario.

Or if all else fails, we can take Kenny Phillips and get the stud safety I have always wanted.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

im sure he will have much to learn in the NFL like any rookie QB but i think he will be ready to start from day one

Comment

Yeah wouldn't you guys have taken Landry over Anderson if he was there, I heard Landry was #1 defensive player on the Falcons draft board.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                Yeah wouldn't you guys have taken Landry over Anderson if he was there, I heard Landry was #1 defensive player on the Falcons draft board.
                Why do you think I was so pissed off when you guys drafted Landry?

Safety isnt that much of a need this year though. We have Jimmy Williams at FS, and he has shown promise, but still is very inconsistent. I dont know how much longer Milloy can hold down the fort at SS. His back up Stone looked good, but that was preseason and he was a 6th round pick. We will see.

I will be honestly surprised to see us draft Phillips though. We have alot of other bigger needs.

Great. Now I am pissed off we didnt get Landry again. And Huff the year before.

I want Woodson though. So badly.

Comment

If Washington didn't take Landry, reports were coming in that he was the pick over Peterson on the Vikings' board. Thank god that didn't happen.
                  Originally posted by 7-11
                  Originally posted by Renji
                  Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
                  But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

I cant believe we missed out on Landry and Peterson because Washington and Minnesota took em out of the blue. No one saw those picks coming.

Comment

Washington - Landry was definitely WTF? I was so pissed they took him at the time. Peterson to MN had been going on for a while though. speculation abound.

And I can see how you'd be totally pissed. That sucks.
                      Originally posted by 7-11
                      Originally posted by Renji
                      Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
                      But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

My ideal draft would actually be Darren McFadden followed up by Dennis Dixon. I love Dixon's arm and playmaking ability in Petrino's scheme, and we all know DMac. Might just be me though.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          My ideal draft would actually be Darren McFadden followed up by Dennis Dixon. I love Dixon's arm and playmaking ability in Petrino's scheme, and we all know DMac. Might just be me though.
                          my ideal would be the same except we trade up to the late 1st for matt ryan if he is there. we would be losing a draft pick in the second but i'm starting to become a believer that the 'traditional' qb is what it takes to be a superbowl contender and eventual winner.

Comment

woodsons been disappointing in the first half.

Comment

I think Petrino can make any QB work this offense. We have two highly talented QBs on the roster already, and this QB class is deep.

Brian Brohm
                              Andre Woodson
                              Matt Ryan
                              Sam Keller
                              Denis Dixon
                              Chad Henne
                              Erik Ainge
                              Colt Brennan

Pretty deep. Right now I would say the running game is our biggest offensive weakness, and it seems we like Norwood in different roles so when he does touch the ball he is fresh. Maybe that is his best role? But if we do end up with the top pick, I like McFadden all the way. Most talented player in the draft, and IMO a need.

Early mock draft...

1: Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
                              2a: Sam Keller, QB Nebraska
                              2b: Tony Hills, OT Newberry
                              3: Darien Williams, S Oklahoma
                              4: Marcus Harrison, DT Arkansas
                              5: Rodrick Johnson, MLB Oklahoma State
                              6: Brandon Coutou, K Georgia
                              7: Leodis McKelvin, CB Troy
                              7: Rob Jackson, DE Kansas State
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010