No announcement yet.

Byron Leftwich

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byron Leftwich is the prefered option. WOW. We really are screwed. This guys release makes me angry. A guy is open, but by the time the ball is gone the guy is no longer open.

Bad move by Petrino in my opinion. Harrington is not the problem, if the line does its job he has shown me nothing to think that he cant play like he did against the Texans and Panthers week in week out. The problem is the fate of our team lies with the Offensive Line, the weakest group on the team.

It's simple, cant runblock -> must pass-> cant passblock -> hurry -> sack-> INT-> lose-> bench the QB.

And to think quite a few were convinced we had an above average O Line at the start of the year. Anytime you have Wayne Gandy as your planned starting LT you would never hear me utter the worlds "above average" or even "average"
    Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 10-18-2007, 08:20 AM.
    Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

Okay so I can pretty easily see that it is a change that needed to be made based on a psychological standpoint and stuff like that but am I the only one who thought it was a little premature for Leftwich to be proclaimed the starter for the rest of the year? I mean, in my mind, he's going to do worse than Joey, no doubt. He's slower, his release is much slower, he has had only over a month in the offense(even though Joey's isn't too long, its still long enough), and his touch really isn't an upgrade over Joey if you ask me. Basically my question is, are they going to be regretting this "rest of the year" crap?

Comment

Yeah from what I've seen of Byron and Joey, and after watching the game on Monday night, Byron will get murdered behind that O-Line.

But...what's there to lose?
        Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

Fun fact: Michael Vick has thrown for 20 touchdowns in a season. Leftwich has not. That honestly surprised me when I saw that. I never see Jaguars games, but before he was cut I thought he was a decent quarterback. Apparently Vick was better.

Comment

Fun fact: Byron Leftwich had a season where he had a 3:1 TD/INT ratio and a passer rating of 89.3. So in no way is Michael Vick "better" in any regards as a passer. Vick even got sacked more, even if that doesn't make any sense.
            Last edited by Shiver; 10-18-2007, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Ugh, bad move. Like someone said it seems like a move to make a move. Harrington, IMO, is a much better fit for Petrino's offense. Quicker release, rythem passer. Leftwich has a very slow release and is a stone in the pocket. With only 2 players currently starting (McClure and Forney) who have sufficient experience.

Harrington has done his job for the most part when he has time.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Harrington has frozen far too many times. While the O-Line is hardly stable right now, Harrington has David Carr syndrome.

Comment

Leftwich actually looked really good and surprise! He got hurt. That's always been his problem and he was stricken again.

Comment

Just when our offense was clicking and looking good.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Very Sad...but Joey did a fine job, just really lacks the arm strength to make a lot of throws. Byron gave us that, but we need better OL play...which we can't have now with Foster out too...

Comment

Harrington doesn't have a huge arm, but it's good enough. His deep ball has been very on-point this year. Just too inconsistent and slow to react.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

He is ahead of schedule according to the AJC today

Comment

Byron is saying 1 week til he's ready, I mean he's already up walking and practicing...this guy is a trooper...wonder why he didn't fit in jax...

Comment

Leftwich's problem is he's always hurt. If he can come back and look good for the last stretch then I say that allows the team to go OL/RB in the 1st round and draft a round 2 guy like an Erik Ainge, Colt Brennan type.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                                Byron is saying 1 week til he's ready, I mean he's already up walking and practicing...this guy is a trooper...wonder why he didn't fit in jax...
                                Biggest reason was probably because his backup is a much better QB, that and he was a bad fit, Del rio wants a mobile QB who can keep pass plays alive by moving in the pocket. Leftwich is a sitting duck and has the slowest release ever, but when he does get it out he is solid though.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information