Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is jimmy williams a bust?

He's listed as third string strong safety now. Discuss

I never liked the Jimmy Williams pick. Anytime you draft someone without a definitive position the chances of success drop exponentially.
    Last edited by Shiver; 10-19-2007, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MLibid View Post
      He's listed as third string strong safety now. Discuss

That's just pathetic.

Comment

Has he refused to play special teams or something similar?
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Has to be a Petrino doghouse thing. As much as I never liked him as a prospect, he looked like a player last year

Comment

Jeez. Give the kid a chance. He gets one year at CB, and effectively gets screwed around by a pretty bad staff. Then he's moved to FS, a position he last played a few years back in college. He's got the physical attributes, but everyone knew that it would take him a little while to get the mental side sorted. If he's not making an impact next year, then perhaps you can call him a bust.

The mistake is not in taking a tweener. It is in expecting them to contribute immediately.

Incidentally, this news from Wyche this morning:

"In another note, Jimmy Williams seems to have made enough progress to get back onto the field. Williams has been taking more snaps at free safety in nickel packages because of his ability to play the ball when it’s in the air, Petrino said."
            TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

tampa would be glad to take him off ur hands

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                That's just pathetic.
                So are you going to explain your opinion or what?

Comment

hes not a first round pick so he cant be considered much of a bust even though he was always highly regarded. theres a reason he slipped so far down in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by MLibid View Post
                    So are you going to explain your opinion or what?

I've always loved Jimmy, and thought he was an amazing pick. But to be #3 on the depth chart, when our safteys aren't even that great? Come on now. But DRod contradicted what you said...

Comment

Uh, is he not the SECOND string FREE safety? Where is this 3rd string strong safety thing coming from?

Comment

Cause he's the 3rd Safety behind Crock and Milloy...I mean honestly it's not that big of a deal...give him a little time. He's a rookie FS.

Comment

Williams didn't look too bad last year, he's still very young and the FS position will take some adjusting, that's all. Give him a little time before putting him down in the 'bust' collumn.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Isn't Crocker's contract up this year? I thought it had 2 years remaining when he came here. And Milloy is about done. We will see if he is a bust next year when he should start.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

And in his first play, he saved a TD to Colston.
                              TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information