No announcement yet.

Is Jamaal Anderson a bust ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incidentally, he was within an inch of getting his first sack on a crucial play, on an inside spin move, when he was tackled by Montavious Stanley. Somewhat symptomatic of our season, really.
    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I prefer mine with a little more glazing.
        TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Yeah, but it was the best picture I could find.
          Virginia Tech.

Comment

Sacks are overrated!! If he can put pressure on the quarterback and make him run into other falcons and if he can make quarterback throw ints i wont ask for anything else when it comes to pass rush.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
            Originally posted by fenikz
            we all hate you

Comment

Maybe they are overrated, but great defensive ends are and always will be judged by getting to the quarterback.
              Virginia Tech.

Comment

Does anyone else think he's put on some unnecessary fat? I've noticed he doesn't look as tall and lanky as he used to, which is weird. I would think he would lose weight over the course of the season, not gain it. I have to wonder if he's trying to "bulk" and get stronger, but it looks like he's not eating the right stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JDB7821 View Post
                  Does anyone else think he's put on some unnecessary fat? I've noticed he doesn't look as tall and lanky as he used to, which is weird. I would think he would lose weight over the course of the season, not gain it. I have to wonder if he's trying to "bulk" and get stronger, but it looks like he's not eating the right stuff.
                  I've noticed it too. I think he's not bulking up right with the eating thing. he needs to hire a good nutritionist... it's not like he doesn't have the money.

Owner of ScarDraft
                  Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by JDB7821 View Post

Yup, I've noticed it and pointed it out several times. He doesn't seem to have that quick atheltic explosion that he did in college. Probably the main reason why he doesn't have a sack.

Comment

He was a poor mans Mario Williams coming out of college (Mario's first year was only slightly better than Jamaal Anderson's if tht at helps), but at least he looked the part and would come alive.
                      Virginia Tech.

Comment

Gotta love those Madden players. I guess the only way for Jamaal to lose that "bust" is for him to get 50 sacks a year.

Comment

You are in denial if you don't think sacks are how a defensive end is judged. And he was good, not great, against the run. He didn't even have a tackle for loss.

He has potential but did not perform this year. A Vikings fan said he reminds him of Kenuchi Edeze and the comparison makes sense.
                          Virginia Tech.

Comment

Actually he had a few tackles for loss...*shrug*

Comment

According to ESPN he did not.
                              Virginia Tech.

Comment

According to actually watching the games he did.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information