No announcement yet.

2008 Head Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaime Dukes made me laugh my ass off commentating during Petrino's PC.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Russ Grimm would be a nice fit. He has the same philosiphy as Petrino as far as get big on both sides of the ball. Wouldn't be too much turnover. I wouldn't be opposed to Hugh Jackson either.

But Mike Singletary is a guy with upside. Not only what ProFootballTalk.com said, but players would WANT to play for him. Resigning DeAngelo Hall and Michael Boley would suddenly seem much easier.
      Virginia Tech.

Comment

To me the next coach has to have credibility and the ability to lead men. That's why a young assistant would bother me. Sure Garrett, McDaniels, etc., have tremendous knowledge of Xs and Os, but can they lead and motivate?

Comment

New Falcons sig. Just bursting with pride.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            To me the next coach has to have credibility and the ability to lead men. That's why a young assistant would bother me. Sure Garrett, McDaniels, etc., have tremendous knowledge of Xs and Os, but can they lead and motivate?
            I like Grimm, but I don't think he's a good OL coach let alone a HC.

He is more or less a "Do whatever works best for you". So he never really refines anyone or their technique. He's more of a "Everyones best friend" Coach than a hardass or a "Respect me" type.

And his OL have been less than Stellar. Yeah we had a great running team at one point, but all of our best OL have been day 1 picks, and we rarely, if ever had a day 2 OL.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Singletary is a big name...may get respect given simply because of his playing pedigree. I don't know how much he knows about Xs and Os, but that's mostly on the coordinators. I'd really like to keep Zimmer and Hugh though. But promoting Thomas may speak to the fact that they either want to keep both or won't keep either.

Comment

This has been on my nerves a little. It's HUE Jackson. That is all.

Comment

I'm mildly concerned about the fact that Singletary is associated with the Niners atrocious defense...

BUT as an inspirational coach, you couldn't have much better. As long as he has the top quality, experienced co-ordinators to handle the Xs and Os, I think he could be just the HC we need. Not too mention, Boley would be insane to leave when he has the chance to have Singletary as a mentor.

And I'll repeat: don't rule out Zim-Zimmah.
                  TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
                    I'm mildly concerned about the fact that Singletary is associated with the Niners atrocious defense...

I agree with you there espically after what happend with Mora

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post

Fortunately he isn't the coordinator. He is over what is really the only productive unit on that defense: Patrick Willis has been developed, and Manny Lawson had made great progress before he tore his ACL.

Comment

Not sure if we where going to keep him around but...

http://www.11alive.com/sports/articl...storyid=107967

Comment

dammit. maybe it was quitrino's brother but i solely credit hue jackson for our wrs becoming a tad more physical and catching better.

Comment

They hired Tennessee's (college) offensive coordinator.
                            Virginia Tech.

Comment

Call me crazy but I think Hue Jackson would make a great head coach. Hopefully we can keep him on our staff no matter who the coach will be.

Comment

I really don't want any old head coach. Marinelli, Schotenheimmer, etc etc are big no nos. Mike Singletary and Rex Ryan are my top 2 guys.
                                Virginia Tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information