2008 Head Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Head Coaching Candidates

Now we've all heard about Bobby Petrino's betrayal. So now we turn our attention fully to next year. I think Atlanta should be able to get a good coach; the team has plenty of young players and a ton of draft picks next year from which to build upon. According to Adam Schefter the top candidates are: Jason Garrett and Mike Singletary. However it is really early, so names like Josh McDaniels (unlikely since he will be unavailable until after the Super Bowl), Bill Cowher, Marty Schottenheimer, Ron Rivera, will come up as well.

Well, boys, I never thought I'd ever see this day any time soon, but we're witnessing and living through the darkest time in Atlanta Falcons history. We need a leader.

(I guess at least we won't be drafting the second best quarterback - I hope we actually get the best now.)

Right about now is when your true fanhood of a team is tested. I'll be a Falcons fan for life. I don't know about you guys, but I stick by my team no matter what. I've only started watching the NFL since Vick was playing in the Falcons, and it sure is different feeling what it's like winning without Vick. But there will always be a brighter road ahead of us.

Some candidates I would like to hire in the future would be obviously Bill Cowher, but I doubt he will come out of retirement. The next favorite would be Singletary from the 49ers. He was my favorite candidate last year for the head coaching job when Mora Jr. was fired.

Keep your heads up.

Comment

I hadn't thought about the Superbowl thing. That hurts the canidacy of McDaniels and Garrett. Outside of them I like Rex Ryan, Mike Singletary, and Rob Ryan.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Is Mcdaniels the OC for the patriots ? I would love to have Jason Garett.

Comment

Bill Cowher is obviously #1 in my book.

Comment

I think Mike Singletary, in the end, is going to get the job. I will be fine with that, but only if he has very good coordinators to handle the play-calling. Most importantly he would be a leader that the organization desperately needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              I think Mike Singletary, in the end, is going to get the job. I will be fine with that, but only if he has very good coordinators to handle the play-calling. Most importantly he would be a leader that the organization desperately needs.

I'm curious.. if we brought in Mike, who would you bring as coordinators?

Comment

Personally I love our current coordinators.
                Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  Now we've all heard about Bobby Petrino's betrayal. So now we turn our attention fully to next year. I think Atlanta should be able to get a good coach; the team has plenty of young players and a ton of draft picks next year from which to build upon. According to Adam Schefter the top candidates are: Jason Garrett and Mike Singletary. However it is really early, so names like Josh McDaniels (unlikely since he will be unavailable until after the Super Bowl), Bill Cowher, Marty Schottenheimer, Ron Rivera, will come up as well.
                  I really hoep we get Singletary. he was a finalist in the last group. I think he is a good balance between Petrino and Mora. he has the players love him in SF but will get on players if they aren't doing their job.

Owner of ScarDraft
                  Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

I know he's a college coach and all, but Boise St's Chris Peterson is the freakin' man!

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      I'm curious.. if we brought in Mike, who would you bring as coordinators?

Hopefully we get someone who will run a hybrid defensive scheme. Singletary has experience in three different kinds of defenses: 4-3, 3-4, 46. The Falcons have players like Michael Boley, Keith Brooking, and John Abraham who can play a variety of positions on the football field. The defense has the talent to be very good, they just need good coaching to unleash their potential.

Comment

Hell No! To College Coaches We Won't Go!
                        Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                          Hell No! To College Coaches We Won't Go!
                          so what's wrong with Singletary?!

Owner of ScarDraft
                          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Replying to D-Unit.
                            Virginia Tech.

Comment

i hope that Marty Schottenheimer gets a chance

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information