Donovan McNabb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donovan McNabb

Apparently there is a controversy because he told Pam Oliver that "the next place I go I will win." Now since they won he is denying that he made those remarks. It seems that McNabb does not have a future in Philadelphia, even though he's played better as of late. So that brought to mind this question: if we could get McNabb for a 2nd round pick, should we do it? I think it is a "no-brainer," as in I would absolutely make that move. Imagine this situation:

1. Darren McFadden
    2. (Donovan McNabb)

or..

1. Jake Long
    2. (Donovan McNabb)

And the team would have another 2nd round pick on top of that! Either way the Falcons offense would instantly become credible again.

I would trade mcnabb for a 2nd round pick very quickly

Comment

In a second. I had my doubts about him early on. I thought he might be toast. It appears to me like he has gained confidence back in his knee now, and is willing to play on it. His stats have turned out good too.

Comment

A 2nd round pick? No. Not for a guy who is pretty much on the decline and misses time every year. McNabb has missed 15 games in the past 3 years and 21 games in the past 6 years. I would do a 3rd round pick. While Steve McNair wasn't quite where McNabb is (McNair- 32 years old, injury prone; McNabb- 30, injury prone) he only managed a 4th round pick. I'll give a 3rd at most.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I agree with Bama. No way I give up our higher 2nd round pick for him. Hes too old and too injury prone to warrant a 2nd round pick. Javon Walker got a 2nd round pick, and he was a stud at a young age. For McNabb I would give a 3rd.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

HELL NO. I hate McNabb. he's injury prone. he's not good in the pocket. he doesn't make hsi team look better,

I wouldn't take him but for a 4th.

Owner of ScarDraft
            Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
              I agree with Bama. No way I give up our higher 2nd round pick for him. Hes too old and too injury prone to warrant a 2nd round pick. Javon Walker got a 2nd round pick, and he was a stud at a young age. For McNabb I would give a 3rd.
              He was 27, recovering from a torn ACL....

Comment

Hm. Nevermind. I thought he was younger than that. I do remember the injury.

**** I was off.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information