Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuna

Story on ESPN about changes at the top:

In short, Parcells as VP, hiring the coach and GM; McKay staying on as Prez, but without much in the way of football duties (I'd be amazed if he accepted that).

I think that having Parcells involved could be helpful, but having a coach, GM AND Parcells could be a disaster waiting to happen. Too many cooks, and all that. It's just asking for an ego clash... especially if McKay does agree to stick around.

Also, does this mean we'd be thinking about a 3-4?

Personally, I don't think that McKay should carry the can, but I understand that if Blank has got fed up, there's only going to be one winner...
    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

I'm interested to say the least. Supposedly Bill would bring in Garrett with the promise of getting him a QB. If we take a QB with McFadden on the board, I'm finding a new team.

Comment

If I were Garrett, I'd be patient and stick around Dallas and their fantastic roster, waiting for Wade to retire, rather than come to Atlanta and struggle through a rebuild for my first HC job.

Comment

Now ESPN is reporting that Parcells has agreed, pending final arrangements.

Total overhaul: Parcells, plus new GM and new coach.

And sounds like McKay is definitely gone. Shame, because I think he did a good job. Every team has its fair share of FA and draft busts, and I think that he was generally ahead of the curve. But eventually the top man has to carry the can when things go wrong.

I have no idea who might be the new GM, but I'd say, with the appointment of Parcells, the top 3 candidates for HC are Singletary, Garnett and Zimmer.

Comment

Wait...what? We're getting Tuna as our coach?

Comment

No, as VP overseeing football operations.

Basically head honcho, but with a GM and HC also.

Comment

wow...so...he's going to be Rich McKay?

Comment

this isnt good. if we get garrett, we'll just have another young coordinator with NO EXPERIENCE! and the tuna is fishy, no pun intended. i dont see a motive for him coming here, that is unless blank dished out a huge paycheck again. and if that is so, parcells isnt completely driven to make this franchise work.

working with the falcons is not an appealing job. we have a team to completely overhaul, our players have been portrayed negatively in regards to their character; i really wouldnt understand if someone with prestige like cowher or parcells would come here.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                  I'm interested to say the least. Supposedly Bill would bring in Garrett with the promise of getting him a QB. If we take a QB with McFadden on the board, I'm finding a new team.
                  You may have to start looking. I doubt Parcells would take a runningback that high, given how relatively fungible and potentially disposable he sees the position.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Bill Parcells is a big Matt Ryan fan, if that means anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      why would Bill bring in Garrett? I see hiim bringing in Singletary.

Owner of ScarDraft
                      Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        You may have to start looking. I doubt Parcells would take a runningback that high, given how relatively fungible and potentially disposable he sees the position.
                        which is fine, considerign we already have 2 solid talents there in Norwood and Dunn.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

If Parcells/(Pioli? Or whoever is his GM) doesn't think a RB is worth a top-3 pick, I don't blame them. Besides, it wouldn't matter who is the RB if the QB and O-Line is not improved.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
                            Story on ESPN about changes at the top:

In short, Parcells as VP, hiring the coach and GM; McKay staying on as Prez, but without much in the way of football duties (I'd be amazed if he accepted that).

I think that having Parcells involved could be helpful, but having a coach, GM AND Parcells could be a disaster waiting to happen. Too many cooks, and all that. It's just asking for an ego clash... especially if McKay does agree to stick around.

Also, does this mean we'd be thinking about a 3-4?

Personally, I don't think that McKay should carry the can, but I understand that if Blank has got fed up, there's only going to be one winner...
                            a 3-4 wouldn't be too bad. I mean we have a lot of personnel that coudl work in it:

LE - Anderson
                            NT - Lewis
                            RE - Coleman/Babineaux
                            WOLB - Abraham/Davis
                            WILB - Brooking/Nicholas
                            SILB - Taylor
                            SOLB - Boley

Wilkins and Williams don't fit the 3-4.

but that means we need some LB depth and another MLB and another NT. so basically positions we already need on defense in MLB and NT, and we can run either defense. so I wouldn;t rule out a guy like Singletary for DC/assistant HC or full HC and give us a Hybri 3-4/4-3 defense.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

If the team goes 3-4 then that means that Coleman and Babineaux won't last long. They are prototype 3-technique tackles, but would be lousy as 5-technique tackles. A scheme move would also mean that acquiring a big thumper at SILB would be important.
                              Last edited by Shiver; 12-19-2007, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information