The new HC and possibly new GM thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
    Now can we summarise Norm Chow or Cam Camerons Offensive philosophies? OR What team in the league ran the closest thing to what we ran last year?
    Chow runs a WCO style offense if I recall.

Cameron likes utilizing the RB in the run and pass game. Has never been able to have a productive receiver.

Comparison? I would say Cincinatti or New Orleans. Both spread the ball out with little utilization of the tight end. Vertical passing game. Both run behind the fullback and prefer a power attack.

Green Bay runs a similar pass game but uses a zone blocking scheme in the run game. Cleveland as well.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• We really need Ryan. He would bring a change, defensively at least, and watching his teams play QBs can not read the defenses at all. NTs in coverage, overloads, zone blitzing, no players with the hands down, linebackers with the hand down, etc etc.
      Virginia Tech.

Comment

• we'll see...I'd not be surprised if we know by the end of this week.

Comment

• We won't be making any decisions until the Giants are done in the playoffs.

Comment

• Basically by me saying that I'm saying, I expect fully that the Giants are going to be out of the playoffs tonight.

Comment

• Make a list of your most wanted candidates starting from the most wanted.

Here's mine:
              Steve Spagnuolo - Seems like someone who can come right in and make his system fit his players. He has excellent defensive mentality and has shown what he can do with just average players. Also has enough experience to 'know the NFL'.

Josh McDaniels - He's got former ties with Dimitroff, and he seems to be a likely candidate. His offense can fit snuggly with our current one, and he's been somewhat responsible for New England's continuous solid seasons. I would put him above any one else, but I'm a little worried on whether or not he is truly ready for the NFL head coaching experience.

Rex Ryan - Not sure what defensive scheme we will go to if we hire Ryan, but he has been on my wanted coaches list since last year when we were looking for someone to replace Jim Mora. Rex Ryan has been responsible for Baltimore's solid defense for the past nine years.

Comment

• Do you think Ron Rivera will get an interview? He did a really good job with the Chargers' linebackers this year; and we all saw how the Bears' defense did with him contrasted to how they did with Babich. He went from being a hot candidate to off the radar really quickly. If anything I think coaching in a 3-4, 4-3 blitz, Tampa-2 schemes only helps him.

Comment

• I would think there has to be SOMETHING behind him not getting an interview. So I'm going to say he doesn't.

Comment

• According to the best in the business the Falcons are waiting for Steve Spagnoulo and it is between him and Rex Ryan.

(Jay Glazer, in case you were wondering)

Comment

• Those are my top 2 but after watching what he's doing with their talent in NY I'm kinda pulling for Spags...that and I like typing and saying Spags...

Comment

• If the Falcons want "Spags" they have to wait another two weeks...

Comment

• he did well tonight. i'm concerned that if we're keeping ryan as our bail out guy, he might not be available if spags rejects us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            If the Falcons want "Spags" they have to wait another two weeks...

I tend to think we do. If we don't have a coach by the Senior Bowl, then I'd really have to think Spags is the #1 option.

Comment

• Man...that PISSES me off...that game sucks...I'm pissed we have to wait another 2 weeks now...but I guess if we wait we know who our coach is...I'm guessing we'll press hard to get an interview this week.

Comment

• You know guys, I hate the Giants almost as much as I love the Falcons. So this sucks.

But I like that Rex Ryan has a better shot now. I do not think we can wait two and a half weeks (must interview) at earliest for a coach. And having Ryan at the Senior Bowl would be nice.
                                Last edited by BamaFalcon59; 01-20-2008, 11:07 PM.
                                Virginia Tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information