The new HC and possibly new GM thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
    hamilton is a great addition but i really dont like the robiskie hire. he was a WR coach in MIA and i was excited cause i thought he might have coached wes welker but he was only there for the 2007 season where the fins were 24th in receiving yards. prior to that he was the browns WR coach and OC for a year. his credentials are pretty horrible.
    Yeah, but who was he supposed to coach in MIA this year? Welker and Chambers both were gone...was Ginn supposed to be Offensive Rookie of the Year? No, he was a 1 trick pony WR who was a good return man. I'm not holding a pathetic Miami team against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by scar988 View Post
      OC of a super bowl winning team is horrible credentials?
      he was the special teams coordinator of the rams when they won the superbowl. and that was before laurant robinson was even born.

bad credentials.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
        he was the special teams coordinator of the rams when they won the superbowl. and that was before laurant robinson was even born.

bad credentials.
        EDIT: actually he was RB's coach. but at the same time he was OC of 3 different teams... so it's not like he has bad credentials. Bad credentials for a WR coach would be George Stewart.
        Last edited by scar988; 01-27-2008, 04:31 PM.

Owner of ScarDraft
        Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

• I just finished watching the press conference, i had been away from my PC for a few days. When i heard it was Mike Smith i was dissapointed, he was simply, going on face value, the least exciting of all the canditates. But after watching the Press Conference, im very impressed with the guy, i genuinly like him, I love how he has personally gone and visited some of the players, and that he had repeaditly preached, that he wont be fitting 'square pegs into round holes'.

The OC is someone i dont mind, dispite his shotty record i like what he tries to do. Its very similiar to Petrino IMO, and i had faith in Petrino's offensive philosophy, you could tell that with time it would be effective and fun to watch. If he is from PITT, he should be about the O Line which i love, he should like power running when running is required and vertical passing when we need to pass. I really get bored with the WCO.

As for the DC, im not to sure, i really hate unpredictable, disloyal college guys now dispite weather i think their scheme works or not. Anyway this Mike Smith guy seems very football savvy, AND charasmatic, i think he and Thomas know what they are doing on the DC front.

Also for all you guys, Smith has repeaditly stated he will focus on what everyone does well, therefore, it is just stupid to say "oh my god this guy sucks because he is going to make Chris Houston play zone". It just wont happen,You will be looking at an Offense and a Defense taylor made to our stengths.

My two drafts as of today depending on the coin flip
          (#3)
          1st Jake Long
          2nd Pat Simms
          2nd Joe Flacco
          3rd Kevin Smith
          4th Barry Richardson

(#5)
          1st Sedrick Ellis
          2nd Carl Nicks
          2nd Joe Flacco
          3rd Kevin Smith
          4th Barry Richardson.

note: i very much expect us to persue Corey Williams or Albert Haynesworth in FA. Michael Turner would be a possibility too. I bet one of the top 3-4 needs are adressed in FA before the draft and we will therefore take subsequent players higher, such as the 2nd OT. At Qb Flacco is my guy.
          Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 01-27-2008, 05:49 PM.
          Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

• Being realistic do you guys think that the Titans will let Albert Haynesworth try F/A? If im them Im trying everything to lock this guy up I just dont think he will be available.

Comment

• They have more cap space than almost any other team. He is not going anywhere.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• I do not like Flacco...

Comment

• Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                  I do not like Flacco...
                  Me neither. Never been too impressed, I think a lot of people like him from what they hear but have not watched him play. I see a big arm, size, and mobility but his accuracy and awareness are not too good. He did not impress me in the division 1-AA playoffs and not in the Senior Bowl practices or game either.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by falconsrule View Post
                    Being realistic do you guys think that the Titans will let Albert Haynesworth try F/A? If im them Im trying everything to lock this guy up I just dont think he will be available.

I'd be beyond shocked if Albert leaves. The Titans can offer him just about anything.

Comment

• you know what I like about this Mike Smith staff. every time they try and talk scheme with them, they say, we'll scheme for the talents of the players. meaning as long as the player has talent we will bring them in. it means that even though we wanna go power run we coudl have Norwood as our main back and accomplish that.

Owner of ScarDraft
                      Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

• So while watching the Superbowl, I really wish we had gotten Spags.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• the giants had such a great draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                            So while watching the Superbowl, I really wish we had gotten Spags.

Yeah, great decision there Falcons.

Comment

• You can't possibly be hating on our coach who hasn't had a shot...who says that he's not better? Who says he can't make this franchise exactly what we all dreamed about.

Comment

• Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                                You can't possibly be hating on our coach who hasn't had a shot...who says that he's not better? Who says he can't make this franchise exactly what we all dreamed about.

Blank preached about waiting. He didn't even interview Spags who obviously coached his team much better against the Patriots. Two times now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information