No announcement yet.

Honestly how far away are the Falcons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually like the kid from ECU...he runs strong. Obviously Stewart is a great back so he's not going to stick around, but you've got 10 runningbacks going in 2 rounds...I'd be shocked.

Comment

Considering that a couple of unexpected players are entering (Felix Jones and James Davis), I would now push Ray Rice to round 3. But James Davis I will stick with. But I would be very happy with Ray Rice in round 3.

Best Backs Value (for us)...

Round 1- Rashard Mendenhall, RB Illinois
      Round 2- James Davis, RB Clemson
      Round 3- Ray Rice

Johnson has not proven he can carry the load and while he runs hard he has a slight build like Norwood. Norwood also runs hard but his build does not allow his body to hold up.

JMO.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Rice just went for 280.

Season
        13 games
        380 carries
        2,012 rushing yards
        5.3 yards per carry
        24 receptions
        232 receiving yards
        25 total touchdowns
        Last edited by BamaFalcon59; 01-05-2008, 04:05 PM.
        Virginia Tech.

Comment

He's impressive, but I don't think that it really matters...its what can he do in the pros, I don't think he'll be a back that demands a high round pick...because of the plethora of backs in this draft...to have 10 backs go in the top 3 rounds would mean that 1/3 of the teams in the league saw that they needed a starting runningback. You don't go in the top 3 rounds if you don't figure to get some very heavy rotation.

Comment

Answering the original question...at the moment, we are pretty far. We dont have a legit GM, HC, the chances of our DC and OC leaving are high, no QB, lots of holes in the OL, and some issues with our best player.

This offseason is huge. Monumental.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
              He's impressive, but I don't think that it really matters...its what can he do in the pros, I don't think he'll be a back that demands a high round pick...because of the plethora of backs in this draft...to have 10 backs go in the top 3 rounds would mean that 1/3 of the teams in the league saw that they needed a starting runningback. You don't go in the top 3 rounds if you don't figure to get some very heavy rotation.
              A 3rd round runningback is generally a backup. Considering the amount of injuries to runningbacks there will be plenty of need. I would say...(must be declared)

1. Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
              2. Rashard Mendenhall, RB Illinois
              3. Felix Jones, RB Arkansas
              4. Jamal Charles, RB Texas
              5. James Davis, RB Clemson
              6. Chris Johnson, RB East Carolina
              7. Ray Rice, RB Rutgers
              8. Tashard Choice, RB Georgia Tech.
              9. Mike Hart, RB Michigan
              10. Dantrell Savage, RB Oklahoma State

Although Stewart is likely to declare, I could easily see Rice go in round 2 or high in 3. Some teams (Atlanta) do not need runners like Jones, Johnson, or Charles. They need workhorses and players like Rice and Hart offer that.

I can see Hart (and Savage) going later than round 3, but not Rice and Davis. Just my opinion.
              Virginia Tech.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information