Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobby Petrino just about threw the O-Line under the Bus!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    I think much of the draft will obviously depend on how Petrino and the Falcons organization works towards free agents.
    Unfortunately whatever quality lineman there is will be over-payed like no ones business. I think this year, unlike the past couple, the team is very quiet in free agency.

Comment

I saw this on another Falcons board, quoting ESPN:

Starting left tackle Wayne Gandy will be 36 this year and had problems with pass protection in the second half of last season. However, he was still an upgrade over former starting left tackle Kevin Shaffer, who signed with the Browns last offseason. There is still hope that backup Frank Omiyale will be able eventually to replace Gandy, but he must continue to get stronger as a run blocker. Omiyale and last year's fifth-round pick, Quinn Ojinnaka, have very limited playing experience, which is a problems for the Falcons.
      Hopefully that is the case. If so, then we only have to get a stud road grader at LG.

Comment

I am just ready for our offensive line to get built up, sick of Vick getting smashed in the pocket.

Comment

From PFT:

STEINBACH TO VISIT BROWNS

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that free-agent offensive lineman will fly from Chicago to Cleveland on Friday, weather permitting.

We heard on Thursday night that Steinbach already has a verbal deal with the Browns.

Cabot reports that the Seahawks are also interested, and that another NFC team wants to bring him in as a left tackle (our wild-ass, sleep-deprived guess is that it's either the Giants or the Bucs).
          Atlanta perhaps?

Comment

If we don't atleast make a run at him he must not fit what Petrino likes.

Comment

I don't think Steinbach fits what Petrino wants, at guard. I definitely think were one of the teams looking at him as a LT. Him and Petitgout are the only decent options at LT out there.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information