Josh Johson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Johson

5th round projection...that could be moving on up. He's made good decisions and good throws. I mean he's putting the ball on point...I know it's only one game...but I like this guy...a lot.

We need immediate impact, not a guy who willneed at least 2 years. I could see us grab him and Matt Ryan/ a top QB, but not just him.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

You're not going to convince me that we have to take a QB round 1.

Comment

I don't need to. You are not the one calling the shots.

We will get a QB early on even if you do not believe it.
        Virginia Tech.

Comment

laughable.

Comment

How is it laughable? That we will get a QB early on?
            Virginia Tech.

Comment

Everywhere I go its just you two arguing. Godamn.

I wouldnt mind drafting him and using a short term answer at the QB position. Maybe Chris Redman or some FA. Build up our offense, have Johnson learn on the bench, and get him into the game a year or two later.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

If I was an organization in need of a QB I would be willing to pass on all the projected first round QBs (Ryan, Brohm, Woodson) and take Johnson in round two or three as a "project" QB. After 2-3 years as a second or third string in the right system I am positive he would turn into a star QB. Its an intriguing situation I am sure many teams are looking into. There are not too many QBs this year with this much upside.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                  If I was an organization in need of a QB I would be willing to pass on all the projected first round QBs (Ryan, Brohm, Woodson) and take Johnson in round two or three as a "project" QB. After 2-3 years as a second or third string in the right system I am positive he would turn into a star QB. Its an intriguing situation I am sure many teams are looking into. There are not too many QBs this year with this much upside.
                  He's going to have to keep doing a lot of good work to get selected in the 2nd round, but I could see him going in the 4th round easily...3rd may be a bit early...but his potential is unquestioned.

Comment

I like Johnson alot period. The kid can play some QB.
                    Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds; 01-19-2008, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I would like to get Johnson, we dont need a impact right away... we need to get a good QB with upside that can produce later.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                      Originally posted by fenikz
                      we all hate you

Comment

I think if we were to draft a quarterback like Josh Johnson, I'd go with Dixon instead of Johnson. Dixon's a big-play quarterback who's made perfect throws in a lot of games, and I've seen him carry Oregon on his own shoulders a lot before he got injured. The only thing holding me back from actually wanting to draft Dixon in the later rounds is his injury. Will it hinder his durability? Most likely. But the thing I want to know is how he is going to play knowing that. Will he be more conservative knowing that he can get injured again? That's the kind of thing he should be asking himself too.

I've only seen Johnson play last night and a couple of games in the beginning of the season. I've only seen him shine in the game last night and maybe a couple of games in the beginning of the season, I stopped tracking him after I saw Dixon getting hot in the middle of the season.

Comment

Take em both! lol. If Dixon is UDFA I think you have to pick him up if you're the Falcons. But Johnson I'd be willing to use a pick on.

Comment

I doubt Dixon will really go undrafted. He was most likely the lead-runner in the 'Heisman chase' before he got injured.

Comment

I agree that he was the lead dog, but man...that injury on a player of his style...how could you tell for sure what his recovery is going to be...and what mindset it will give him for the long run? I just don't like it...he's beyond developmental, he's going to be on rehab once he gets to your team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information