Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Worthless NFL Countdown mock draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, basically you're saying that the QB play at BC is a pro style QB play...which is the position we were talking about...but for some reason feel it necessary to say that the offense isn't pro style? Mmmkay.

Beyond that, Ryan is similar to Grossman but not quite as strong of an arm etc...

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
      We don't have the offensive line of either of those teams. So, again this pick would be a waste. Sorry I know you're all hugged up on Matt Ryan's hangy down parts but to create a winning team we need to build a foundation, the QB isn't that...the lines are.
      Ignorant post. I feel like Jake Long is the best pick. I am using logic, that is all.
      Last edited by BamaFalcon59; 01-22-2008, 07:48 PM.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
        Grossman and Ryan have similar playing styles. Their strengths are their touch on deep passes. Their weaknesses are countless: spotty accuracy, poor decision-making, forcing throws (especially downfield), waiting too long to throw. Ryan is taller and has better pocket presence and mobility so he will be a better player. As passers they are basically identical IMO.

Boston College runs a pro offense? That's news to me. They throw more than almost any team and run most of their plays out of the shotgun. There's only 1-2 offenses in the NFL that share their style of play. Boston College runs professional routes using NFL-level reads (for the most part), but they're far from a pro-style offense. Ohio State and Michigan run pro-style offenses.
        I would say Ryan has very good accuracy, he just makes bad decisions at times.

Grossman lacks great accuracy and makes horrible decisions.
        Virginia Tech.

Comment

So, basically you're saying that the QB play at BC is a pro style QB play...which is the position we were talking about...but for some reason feel it necessary to say that the offense isn't pro style? Mmmkay.

Beyond that, Ryan is similar to Grossman but not quite as strong of an arm etc...
          Mmmkay....you clearly have no idea what I'm talking about. I won't bother responding to ignorance.

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          I would say Ryan has very good accuracy, he just makes bad decisions at times.

Grossman lacks great accuracy and makes horrible decisions.
          The Ryan I've seen has average accuracy...the worst of any of the top QBs in the draft. He missed wide-open receivers across the middle, throws bubble screens inaccurately, and even threw some passes right into the chests of defenders. He has what many call "spotty accuracy", where he throws a bunch right on target and completely misses one, costing his offense. Just looking at the stats alone, you can tell he has accuracy issues by his high # of picks.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Mmmkay....you clearly have no idea what I'm talking about. I won't bother responding to ignorance.

The Ryan I've seen has average accuracy...the worst of any of the top QBs in the draft. He missed wide-open receivers across the middle, throws bubble screens inaccurately, and even threw some passes right into the chests of defenders. He has what many call "spotty accuracy", where he throws a bunch right on target and completely misses one, costing his offense. Just looking at the stats alone, you can tell he has accuracy issues by his high # of picks.
            I would say spotty is a good term.

But, my team being Virginia Tech., he has done his fare share of damage. Some thoughts...

Pros:

- Generally smart, knows his reads
            - Can get the ball down the field with accuracy
            - Good mobility with tackle breaking ability
            - Good size
            - Good accuracy on short passes
            - Generally a good leader

Cons:
            - Stubborn, after escaping tackle or sack he often forces the play from outside the pocket. Many of his interceptions come from this.
            - Overconfident in his arm strength.
            - Refusal to throw the ball away
            - Accuracy on intermediate throws, especially the deep crossing route and the deep comeback/ out.
            - Tendency to keep the passes short (may be due to receivers), resulting in walked up safties and an ineffective running game (Callender, their RB, is not great though).
            Virginia Tech.

Comment

That's a great scouting report. I've never seen Ryan break a tackle so I don't know about that point but he has great mobility and pocket presence with surprising elusiveness. Shrugging off a tackle (Culpepper), and avoiding one (Garcia) are two similar but different traits.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                I like Matt Ryan...
                I like Ryan.... if we trade down to around 10 or so. but top 5? no. the top 5 players in this draft are Chris Long, Jake Long, Darren McFadden, Sedrick Ellis and Glenn Dorsey. the only one of those 4 that we don't need is Chris Long. so basically, we won't reach for Ryan. I htink we wait till our first pick of the 2nd and get Flacco, or i nthe 3rd possibly get Booty. epecially if we bring in Norm Chow.

Owner of ScarDraft
                Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Norm Chow is at UCLA...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

oh really? I didn't see that

Owner of ScarDraft
                    Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                      oh really? I didn't see that
                      It was a recent occurence, no worries.

I think Chad Henne makes sense as a guy they can start immediately and groom on the job. That or Josh Johnson as a developmental guy.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

It was a recent occurence, no worries.

I think Chad Henne makes sense as a guy they can start immediately and groom on the job. That or Josh Johnson as a developmental guy.
                        Henne is a guy who bugs me, he's shown flashes though...

Anyone else notice that he looks a lot like Big Ben Rothlisburger from his profile?

Comment

Henne is a guy who bugs me, he's shown flashes though...

Anyone else notice that he looks a lot like Big Ben Rothlisburger from his profile?
                          He and JD Booty look a lot like, they even have similar builds. They've been standing side-by-side during coverage a lot and it's confusing,

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I like the JDBooty guy...cause his technique...I like a guy who's good at that already...

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information