Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Worthless NFL Countdown mock draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Worthless NFL Countdown mock draft.

Matt Ryan? Are you ******* kidding me? Why should we waste a damn first round on some Rex Grossman v2?

I think nfl draft countdown experts has no idea what their talking about.

If we draft Matt Ryan, We are going to be the biggest laughing stock and we would deserve it.

no doubt...

Comment

You guys have to admit it would be funny if Matt Ryan ends up being a HoF or wins Rookie of the Year for a team like the Bears or the Ravens. Come on, it would be hilarious!!! =D

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

The Mock Draft isn't about who diserves to go where based of sheer talent and athleticism. It's about who you think which team will pick. Sometimes teams make stupid picks, this could very well be one of them. Just my opinion
        Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
        Dave is right
        Originally posted by duckseason
        Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.

Comment

I like Matt Ryan...

Comment

I like Matt Ryan for Boston College, I dont know how he'll translate to different game plan on the pro level. I'll reserve my judgement until he shows up in an NFL Stadium planning on playing.
            Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
            Dave is right
            Originally posted by duckseason
            Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.

Comment

Don't mind him. Twinblade is a known troll that has always been patrolling all football forums. He claims he is a Falcons fan, but then again, he is notorious known in most forums for his ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinblade View Post
                Matt Ryan? Are you ******* kidding me? Why should we waste a damn first round on some Rex Grossman v2?

If we draft Matt Ryan, We are going to be the biggest laughing stock and we would deserve it.
                You guys are one of the laughing stocks thanks to your former messiah Ron M. with Ryan, you guys would become respectable again.

(oh and don't worry, I'm not putting you guys down, as a Lions fan I know what it's like)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Maybe you should trade your pick for Isaiah Stanbeck then.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinblade View Post

I thought I was the only one.

And yeah, I've been very disappointed with draft experts this year. The QB and WR rankings have been very poor across the internet. The Glenn Dorsey lovefest is pathetic on every site. It's getting close to Reggie Bush/Vince Young level.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                      I thought I was the only one.

And yeah, I've been very disappointed with draft experts this year. The QB and WR rankings have been very poor across the internet. The Glenn Dorsey lovefest is pathetic on every site. It's getting close to Reggie Bush/Vince Young level.

I don't like the Grossman comparison at all. Grossman has a cannon. Matt doesn't. He is much more like Harrington.

I can understand the Dorsey love. He is very good when healthy. That cheap block really hurt him. I think the offseason will do justice.

Comment

The Harrington comparison, likewise, does not make any sense.

1. Harrington played in a system; Ryan played in an NFL-style offense.
                        2. Harrington never pushed the ball down field; Ryan, to a fault sometimes, will attack the defense vertically.
                        3. Thirdly, you are underestimating Matt Ryan's arm. It isn't a cannon, per say, but it is above average.

Neither of those comparisons are even close.

ADDITION:

The Grossman comparison, similarly, is not accurate.

1. Matt Ryan is 6'4", Rex Grossman is 6'0", one of the big reasons that Grossman has been so inconsistent is when pressured up the middle he cannot see down field.
                        2. Once again: Ryan played in Jeff Jagodzinsky's pro-style offense, as opposed to Grossman playing in Spurrier's college offense.
                        Last edited by Shiver; 01-22-2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                          You guys have to admit it would be funny if Matt Ryan ends up being a HoF or wins Rookie of the Year for a team like the Bears or the Ravens. Come on, it would be hilarious!!! =D
                          Or for a team like the Falcons.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

We don't have the offensive line of either of those teams. So, again this pick would be a waste. Sorry I know you're all hugged up on Matt Ryan's hangy down parts but to create a winning team we need to build a foundation, the QB isn't that...the lines are.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              ADDITION:

The Grossman comparison, similarly, is not accurate.

1. Matt Ryan is 6'4", Rex Grossman is 6'0", one of the big reasons that Grossman has been so inconsistent is when pressured up the middle he cannot see down field.
                              2. Once again: Ryan played in Jeff Jagodzinsky's pro-style offense, as opposed to Grossman playing in Spurrier's college offense.
                              Grossman and Ryan have similar playing styles. Their strengths are their touch on deep passes. Their weaknesses are countless: spotty accuracy, poor decision-making, forcing throws (especially downfield), waiting too long to throw. Ryan is taller and has better pocket presence and mobility so he will be a better player. As passers they are basically identical IMO.

Boston College runs a pro offense? That's news to me. They throw more than almost any team and run most of their plays out of the shotgun. There's only 1-2 offenses in the NFL that share their style of play. Boston College runs professional routes using NFL-level reads (for the most part), but they're far from a pro-style offense. Ohio State and Michigan run pro-style offenses.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information