CARRICKER for #10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARRICKER for #10

6'6", 296, 4.85. Dominated every day at the Senior Bowl.

He'd be well worth #10. In fact, we may be lucky to get him there.

Remember that Zimmer has said that the defense will focus on stopping the run, even if it takes all 11 guys in the box. With Carriker manning the power end spot - and Boley emerging as a pro-bowler at SLB - we won't need to worry about the opposition running right. Carriker would just be purrfect.

Even better, Kirwan wrote on NFL.com today that Schaub is rated around the league at around #15 value. It makes it a somewhat more realistic prospect that we might be both a DE and FS in the 1st round.

We could even trade that #15 down, looking for Levi Brown around #20 territory. McKay, please don't hang onto Schaub just for the sake of it...
    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
    6'6", 296, 4.85. Dominated every day at the Senior Bowl.

He'd be well worth #10. In fact, we may be lucky to get him there.

Remember that Zimmer has said that the defense will focus on stopping the run, even if it takes all 11 guys in the box. With Carriker manning the power end spot - and Boley emerging as a pro-bowler at SLB - we won't need to worry about the opposition running right. Carriker would just be purrfect.
    I agree. In my mind Carricker is better than Jamaal Anderson. He is bigger, more polished, and more 'freakish' in his size:speed ratio. He would be ideal at Power End. He would definitely be a improvement over Patrick Kerney, in run defense. Who was overwhelmed in run defense the past two years. Carricker added in 33 reps of 225. Fans in general are too obsessed with sack totals. I will rather have a dominant run stuffing DE, who adds in 6-8 sacks. Rather than a sack master, who struggles in run defense. Ideally you would want a Mario Williams, Julius Peppers, someone who could do both.

Even better, Kirwan wrote on NFL.com today that Schaub is rated around the league at around #15 value. It makes it a somewhat more realistic prospect that we might be both a DE and FS in the 1st round.

We could even trade that #15 down, looking for Levi Brown around #20 territory. McKay, please don't hang onto Schaub just for the sake of it...
    The fact that the Texans are likely keeping Carr, Jaguars keeping Leftwich, his value is even higher. I don't think we keep Schaub, for a couple of reasons;
    • He doesn't seem to be an ideal fit for Petrino's vertical offense.
    • We won't get anything from him next year.
    • The team has a lot of needs.

I hope we trade him. This team has a lot of needs.
    Last edited by Shiver; 02-26-2007, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Adam Carriker put up a better short shuttle than most Linebackers...

Woah

Comment

I don't like Carriker I'm not a fan at all really. I think we're getting Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
          No offense, Oxy, but you sound a little like the peeps on AFMB. What is possibly wrong with Carriker? As things stand, I'd actually be surprised if we get a shot at him...

I do appreciate the greatness of CJ, but a dominant LDE (plus the necessary trade picks, don't forget) would be more important to this team than a dominant WR.
          TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
            No offense, Oxy, but you sound a little like the peeps on AFMB.
            In deed.

What is possibly wrong with Carriker? As things stand, I'd actually be surprised if we get a shot at him...
            He isn't a sack artist. Most people when they think of Defensive Ends is not how they disrupt the run, but how many sacks they get. A 6-8 sack run stuffer isn't as enamoring as a pass rusher.

I do appreciate the greatness of CJ, but a dominant LDE (plus the necessary trade picks, don't forget) would be more important to this team than a dominant WR.
            I couldn't agree more. I am so tired of the constant Calvin Johnson talk. It's Madden-esque day dreaming.

Comment

Please pass on him. Please please. Him AND okoye.

Take nelson! Hell be good for you! :p

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                Please pass on him. Please please. Him AND okoye.

Take nelson! Hell be good for you! :p

Yeah I am not liking the fact that we are picking ahead of the 49ers...

Hopefully the last time! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                  How exactly will be able Falcons get CJ?

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
                    How exactly will be able Falcons get CJ?
                    Pulling a "Ditka," which I feel would KILL this franchise. It would take 10th, Schaub, and 44th at the least. When WR is well down on the 'need' list.
                    Last edited by Shiver; 02-26-2007, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      Pulling a "Ditka," which I feel would KILL this franchise. It would take 10th, Schaub, and 44th at the least. When WR is well down on the 'need' list.
                      Oh, I see.

Also, I just read what I wrote...what a bad sentence.

Comment

Carricker is my choice SO LONG AS WE TRADE SHAUB AND GET NEW FS AND OT BEFORE ROUND 3.

So at the combine Carriker ran a 4.85? What did Jamaal Anderson run? Where can i find a link to this
                        Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
                          Carricker is my choice SO LONG AS WE TRADE SHAUB AND GET NEW FS AND OT BEFORE ROUND 3.

So at the combine Carriker ran a 4.85? What did Jamaal Anderson run? Where can i find a link to this
                          Anderson didn't work out. Carriker did, and he was a beast. He was also a show stealer at the Senior Bowl.

Comment

Damn! look at his profile picture hes one big ugly run stuffer. Not Pat McQinstan ugly, but very ugly none the less. Hopefully we draft him at #10 putting Ike Reese's crown as the ugliest falcon in jeopardy
                            Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

Falcons | Team talks with Carriker
                              Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:55:09 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Nebraska DE Adam Carriker said he spoke with the Atlanta Falcons.
                              News from KFFL

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information