Qb Option

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qb Option

What do you guys think about trying to trade for Matt Cassel? I know he has next to zero in proof that he can be a good QB but i mean hes been behind Carson Palmer, Matt Leinert and Tom Brady. Im pretty sure hes learned a lot.

what you guys think?

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

horrible idea...Cassel yes has not had a very good opportunity to show what he has, but the chances he has had he has not taken advantage of and shown nothing. I remember this year he went in for brady at the end of the game threw one pass it was intercepted brady went back in... Cant just trade for people on assumption they will be good...You take gambles on people during the draft not trading...

Comment

i was just putting it out there. I know he hasnt proved anything, just came to my head so though i might put it out there

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Matt Ryan should be drafted as your QB and possibly pick up a guy like Brad Johnson or Drew Bledsoe to play next year.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Im sorry but i would HATE if we wasted out top 5 pick on Matt Ryan. He doesnt seem like anything special to me and deff not worth top 5 money

Sig by BK

Comment

If we trade down to like 15, sure, Matt Ryan should be our QB...

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
              Matt Ryan should be drafted as your QB and possibly pick up a guy like Brad Johnson or Drew Bledsoe to play next year.
              Why is everybody so stuck on the position of QB, like we are hurting there. We are not that horrible at QB. HARRINGTON was just that horrible that's it.

Inconsistency was the biggest problem we had last year.

If M&M gone be running the offense then Redman/ Leftwich/ Shock should be more than able to carry to fort. We just need to rid ourselves of HARRINGTON.

FYI: TOP PRIORITIES - OL, Power Back, DL, MLB
              Last edited by Mr. Myogi; 01-31-2008, 01:27 PM.

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                If we trade down to like 15, sure, Matt Ryan should be our QB...

The lowest we could trade down and still get Ryan is #7.... The Ravens could take him at #8 and the Bears would certainly take him at #14.

Comment

If we are going to get Ryan and have another QB start for a year, might as well get Woodson in the 2nd and have him learn for a year. If we get Ryan, I want him starting near the end of the season...maybe last 4 games or so when playoffs are out of reach pretty much.

But I think we have a solid enough group of QBs that would keep from our rookie QB from seeing the field, which isnt a bad idea.

I am warming up to the idea of getting Matt Ryan in the top5 alot more now.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                    I am warming up to the idea of getting Matt Ryan in the top5 alot more now.
                    Especially when Ellis, McFadden, and Long could all be gone if the Falcons draw the 4th or 5th pick.

Comment

Yeah. I would still find it bogus is Miami took Ellis with the number 1 pick. I dont like him in the 3-4 too much.

When is the coin flip?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Would you guys want the Falcons to go after Brady Quinn if Cleveland makes him available?

Sig by BK

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Myogi View Post
                          Why is everybody so stuck on the position of QB, like we are hurting there. We are not that horrible at QB. HARRINGTON was just that horrible that's it.

Inconsistency was the biggest problem we had last year.

If M&M gone be running the offense then Redman/ Leftwich/ Shock should be more than able to carry to fort. We just need to rid ourselves of HARRINGTON.

FYI: TOP PRIORITIES - OL, Power Back, DL, MLB
                          You just said that you would be okay with Chris Redman or Byron leftwich running your offense. That is enough to prove my point of needing a QB in Atlanta. Then again, I understand that using a 1st rounder on a QB isn't flashy, but sometimes it is necessary.

Originally posted by Halsey
                          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

You just said that you would be okay with Chris Redman or Byron leftwich running your offense. That is enough to prove my point of needing a QB in Atlanta. Then again, I understand that using a 1st rounder on a QB isn't flashy, but sometimes it is necessary.
                            falcons fans know that the QBs on our rosters are not gonna get us into the playoffs. however after the vick fiasco, our OL has been greatly exposed. our most dire need is a LT for the future. and if the only OT who has the value to be taken with our first pick is gone then we would like sedrick ellis. our new coach strongly believes in stopping the run and over the years we have been very lackluster at it.

ryan's main thing is his intangibles. intangibles cant be measured so as far as i know he could be the next harrington. imo, we can draft a QB at better value who can perhaps outperform ryan in the second and even third round of this draft.

we know firsthand that we need a QB. and a QB is a sexy pick, a potential new face of the franchise but for once some of us want the 'unsexy' pick that'll hopefully help us more in the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                              Would you guys want the Falcons to go after Brady Quinn if Cleveland makes him available?
                              Why is that even a question? YES!

I agree completely.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information