Mind boggling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind boggling

I don't understand why Scott is so sold that the Falcons are the dumbest organization in all of the NFL...but this draft would not make me happy. I mean I like Forte, but not in round 2, I like Baker, that's a very fine pick...but to pass on Jake Long and Ellis just seems STUPID at this point.

I don't think that Forte is better than Wheeler by any means, even though Forte is a great back for the Falcons system.

Our draft would be so much better with

1.) Ellis
    2.) Baker
    2b.) Wheeler

That would make our team much better than the current

1.) Ryan
    2.) Baker
    2b.) Forte

I believe that Forte will be there in the middle of round 3-early round 4.

Depends somewhat on how well Forte runs in the combine...

But otherwise, the picks aren't mind-boggling. You can argue the QB point all you want, but picking Ryan is certainly a possibility. If that happens, then Baker is a very good pick, and Forte is certainly a possibility if he runs a 4.50 dash. His stock will be rising after the Senior Bowl, and he's significantly more powerful than any of the other second tier RBs. Still, at the moment, I agree that he'd probably be available at the top of the 3rd.

My ideal, with the options we have at those picks, would be:

1. Long - LT
    2a. Nicks - RG/RT, potential swap with Long if necessary longterm
    2b. Henne
    3. Forte
    or

1. Ellis
    2a. Baker
    2b. Henne
    3. Forte
    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

I really like the mock from Walterfootball.com

1)McFadden
      2)Andre Woodson
      3)Red Bryant
      4)Heath Benedict

not the players I would want but they give us good value with our picks.

Comment

Sam Baker's a very overrated left tackle IMO. He plays soft, and if you really look at game film, it seems like he's very light-weight in the trenches.

Comment

Geez, I quit reading before the Forte pick.....

I knew Scott couldn't get over his Atl/Ryan fetish, but to give us an overated bust to be Baker with a high 2nd, I almost threw up.

If this turns out to be true my ST money will go to golf.

Comment

As much as I dont like the Ryan pick (especially with guys like McFadden, Long, and Ellis on the board) you guys do realize what the chances of us drafting him are, right?

As much as we wont like it, the chances he gets picked by us is ridiculously high.

I just dont like the fact that you guys are constantly complaining about this stuff. Just deal with the fact that we could draft him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

If Matt Forte' runs a 4.50 I will be his biggest fan. He can pass block, catch, and run hard. Would be an amazing complement for the speedy change of pace back Jerious Norwood, who is a bad blocker. Who is best used as a change of pace back in my opinion.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                As much as I dont like the Ryan pick (especially with guys like McFadden, Long, and Ellis on the board) you guys do realize what the chances of us drafting him are, right?

As much as we wont like it, the chances he gets picked by us is ridiculously high.

I just dont like the fact that you guys are constantly complaining about this stuff. Just deal with the fact that we could draft him.

I think I'm entitled to be upset if I think my team is setting the franchise back 5 or so years.

Comment

Being upset is fine. I would be upset if we drafted him.

I think its stupid to be oblivious to the fact that the chance of drafting Ryan is huge and that the HC and GM definitely have this in mind.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

It's more likely for us to get Brohm than Ryan. I personally believe Dimitroff will trade down.

Owner of ScarDraft
                    Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Alot of teams want to trade down. Its about finding the team that want to trade up. I dont know who would in this draft...

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                        Alot of teams want to trade down. Its about finding the team that want to trade up. I dont know who would in this draft...

Depends on where we pick. I could definately see someone falling in love with DMac.

Comment

Yeah I guess. The 2 guys I would trade up for are McFadden and Dorsey (if he fit the scheme I was running).

I could see Dallas trading up with us if we are at 5 and Oakland passed up on McFadden. I would want like all their 1st 3 picks and maybe more for that huge of a trade up.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information