Forum Mock thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
    Solid pick. One of the best pass blocking OTs in the draft who is solid in the run game. May not be Joe Thomas, but will get the job done for Matt Ryan.

You think you are going to try to trade back into the 2nd round? Any prospects in the 2nd you are eying?
    Matt Ryan? and he is the best pass blocking OT i nthe draft.
    Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    After a week of discussions my trading partner backed out at the last moment.. so I took the best trench player still available: Ryan Clady.
    good pick. the offense as it is after this pick.
    White............Clady...Blalock...McClure...Forne y...Wiener...Crumpler.........Robinson
    .........................................Anderson. .................................................. .......
    ..........................................Mughelli .................................................. .........
    .........................................Norwood.. .................................................. .......

Owner of ScarDraft
    Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Eww...........
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post

White............Clady...Blalock...McClure...Forne y...Wiener...Crumpler.........Robinson
        .........................................Anderson. .................................................. .......
        ..........................................Mughelli .................................................. .........
        .........................................Norwood.. .................................................. .......
        Eh. All this Matt Ryan talk. I changed it.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Solid pick. One of the best pass blocking OTs in the draft who is solid in the run game. May not be Joe Thomas, but will get the job done for Derek Anderson.

You think you are going to try to trade back into the 2nd round? Any prospects in the 2nd you are eying?
          I think I might just stick with the two 3rd round picks and take a power RB and a NT.

Comment

White............Clady...Blalock...McClure...Clabo...Wiener...Crumpler.........Robinson
            I think Clabo would start over Forney.

Comment

Chris Williams is a better pass protector than Ryan Clady.
              Virginia Tech.

Comment

Clabo is a baller, he's overlooked, but that guy can seriously play in the trenches. He'll start over Forney if we even keep Forney on the roster. Clady helps us out a lot, so that's a fine pick.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                  lol no. (10 chars)

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                    I believe that Williams has the potential to be a better OT and that is why I feel he has more value, but if you want someone to be a stud LT next year, then I would go with Clady. But throughout a career, I would say Williams.

Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

lol no. (10 chars)
                      Lol, yes. He might not go as high (low teens for Clady to late twenties for Williams), but he pass blocks just as well if not better. Clady has the advantage of long arms compared to Williams', but Williams hardly ever gets beat in pass protection. He also has a bigger base, although that is not saying much with the scrawny-legged Clady.

http://www.trojanwire.com/images/sam...ayboy_2007.jpg
                      Virginia Tech.

Comment

It doesnt matter when they go. Clady is easily the better pass blocker, though Williams is may be more well balanced.

Comment

You can listen to the draft niks. I will go off of what I saw. I saw Chris Williams dominate SEC pass rushers. I saw Ryan Clady get beat by Eastern Carolina and Hawaii players.
                          Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            I think Clabo would start over Forney.
                            I fully agree. I was just going by what we do. I think we wind up cutting Forney in favor of Clabo.

Owner of ScarDraft
                            Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Now we have:

1. Ryan Clady | OT
                              3. Marcus Harrison | DT
                              3. Matt Forte | RB
                              4. Vince Hall | MLB
                              Last edited by Shiver; 02-11-2008, 01:51 PM.

Comment

That looks pretty decent to me. A good haul, fixed our three biggest offensive needs, and our two biggest defensive needs. Now have the luxury of just taking pure BPA in the later rounds...

The biggest gamble there is on Clady. He's got massive potential, but I rather suspect he might struggle for power at first, a bit like D'Brick.
                                TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information