Forum Mock thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Mock thread

Heres a thread to discuss the Falcons situation in the Forum Mock.

How does your big board look like Shiver, after this trade? This is what I am thinking

1. Sedrick Ellis
    2. Jake Long
    3. Darren McFadden
    4a. Jonathan Stewart
    4b. Glenn Dorsey

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Ideally I would like to add a franchise LT to protect Anderson. I am worried Long won't make it to #5.

Comment

Is 5 for sure?

What are your thoughts on Clady at 5? Ideally, I would like a trade down, maybe to the Patriots to jump the Jets, and pick up Clady then. That would be sick, especially cause Clady is a better pass blocker than Long.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I think if Long is gone @ #5 then we should move down to the #12 area if we can get someone there interested in moving up to pickup McFadden, then in that area we can see if Clady slips, if not, it's a good value spot for Otah. I wouldn't mind picking up Ellis.

I think we got hosed big time on that trade...no pick in the 2nd round in one of the deepest drafts as far as OTs go in recent years for a 1 year wonder QB. Cleveland wins...

Comment

It was either that or Matt Ryan, and you would have been complaining either way. Besides, I got a pro-bowl QB for what Houston got for a 1-game wonder in Schaub.
          Last edited by Shiver; 02-06-2008, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
            I think if Long is gone @ #5 then we should move down to the #12 area if we can get someone there interested in moving up to pickup McFadden, then in that area we can see if Clady slips, if not, it's a good value spot for Otah. I wouldn't mind picking up Ellis.

I think we got hosed big time on that trade...no pick in the 2nd round in one of the deepest drafts as far as OTs go in recent years for a 1 year wonder QB. Cleveland wins...

How is it a bad trade? As Shiver said, you've got to look at what Houston got for Shaub, who is a couple game wonder. While Anderson has his concerns, he is basically a more polished Flacco. (Size, big arm)

Comment

I like him, but giving up 2 2nd round picks in the SAME draft is not what Houston gave up...they gave up essentially a 2nd and a 3rd in the same draft, because future picks weigh less...than current picks. So, we didn't get the same deal that Houston did, we got a QB who had an incredible offensive line finally and did well, it goes to show you that the trenches are what matter...Atlanta would be a bad situation for him. I dunno...I just hate giving up that much for a QB with big time question marks...honestly I'd have rather drafted Ryan and then picked up offensive line help in the 2nd...and why did it have to be Ryan? Were there NO other prospects left in the draft? We didn't HAVE to have a QB in round 1, no matter what critics say...it just sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                I like him, but giving up 2 2nd round picks in the SAME draft is not what Houston gave up...they gave up essentially a 2nd and a 3rd in the same draft, because future picks weigh less...than current picks.
                I got Cleveland's third round pick from this year's draft.

and why did it have to be Ryan? Were there NO other prospects left in the draft? We didn't HAVE to have a QB in round 1, no matter what critics say...it just sucks...
                If I wasn't going to get Anderson I would have taken Ryan in a heartbeat, especially at #5, with Ellis, McFadden, Long all seemingly gone.

Comment

And you know he would. He isnt joking around when he says that.

So are you going to try to trade down now Shiver?

Comment

Yeah, but there aren't any takers. Although I have one interesting lead...

Comment

how far into the draft are you guys? How long do we have for our first selection?

Comment

friday at noon, the draft begins.

Comment

Oh okay, cool, so why did we try to move so early? Not trying to bust on this strategy but...

Comment

Any trading down talk is merely exploratory. That is 'if "player A" is available then I will trade up to #5 and give you a 2nd round pick,' it wouldn't occur immediately.

Hypothetically speaking: Jonathan Stewart or Ryan Clady?

Comment

I'd have to say Clady, I like Stewart much better, but with our new 'franchise' QB we have to keep him standing up, and I think Clady is a very good pass blocking LT.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information