No announcement yet.

Michael Boley and Falcons expected to reach terms soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol. I really like Babineaux as well and I think he would do well in a full time starting role.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Do you guys think Babs can add some more weight to his frame?

Comment

I don't know why he'd need to. He does a great job at his current weight, and as a UT you don't want him to be huge, you want him to keep that quickness and ability to rush the passer. We need a guy to hold the point of attack, but with him next to Jamaal that side will be fine against the run, then with a good Nose Tackle (maybe a Pat Sims or if we're really lucky a Sedric Ellis) A DL of Abe + Lewis / Ellis + Babs + Jamaal Anderson...wow. I'd hate to lose Rod Coleman though, when healthy he's an absolute terror...

Comment

Well if we do part ways with Coleman I think he still have some value and might be able to land us a late round draft pick especially if we draft a DT in the 1st or 2nd round.

Comment

There's not much point releasing Coleman if, as suggested by Wyche, there's no particular saving.

Also, don't forget that Coleman can be dominant when healthy. It's worth at least waiting a while to see how he recovers, and whether he can get back to form. Also, Babs' emergence means that we could rotate the two fairly evenly, keeping them fresh, which would make them both more effective, and also help to keep Coleman healthy.

Also, from a strategic standpoint, I'd rather keep as many of the vets as possible. Dunn and Gandy I'd let go, since there is actually a saving, and with the 7.5 mill from Vick, and the 7.5 mill extra space due to increases, that should give us around 20 million free. That is plenty to sign up Boley and Hall, and to have room for a couple of mid-level free agents and our draft picks. Any renegotiations would be a bonus.

Then, NEXT year, we can get rid of Brooking and Coleman, and possibly Crump. By next year, we should have our foundations in place, and are more likely to be competitive. This whole annus horribilis will also be further in the past. Then we can push for a couple of A-list free agents, and will have the space to do so thanks to Brooking and Coleman. To me, that makes more sense long-term.
            TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Yeah next year i wouldnt mind if we cut Brooking even before the draft next year. I want Rey Rey in the 1st, thats the main thing stopping me from wanting Wheeler early this year unless its at WLB , I really love Rey in the first next year
              Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

I would love to sign Mike Wahl for RG. He would be a huge upgrade and we could cut Forney. Clabo could compete with a rookie or FA for the RT/ LT spot with Weiner at the other spot.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Wahle a couple of years ago would have been a huge upgrade. I'm not so sure whether he's still the same player...
                  TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

He would be better than what we have now, signing him depends on the price. But he deserves a look.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information