No announcement yet.

I don't know about you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You say this, a Giant fan says that...who cares? Is that poster that is a Giant fan Spags? Or better yet, are YOU Spags? You know he got a big $$$ offer from Washington, and he didn't take it...they already have an offensive line and good runningback with promising talent, our defense has more talent, but they put it together to the point where they made it to the playoffs...what about our position is more enticing?

Jamaal Anderson-nope
    Coleman-possibly won't even be here
    Abe-hell ya
    Brooking-not hardly
    Boley-of course
    Hall-if he stays

They have good building blocks there. Just because you want to say he would have accepted here means nothing, because you don't know anything as far as what is in his mind. He made his decision very quickly to stay in NY...its LIKELY...far MORE likely that he didn't really want to go anywhere in the first place...he just won the Superbowl and has one hell of a defense returning...

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
      You say this, a Giant fan says that...who cares? Is that poster that is a Giant fan Spags? Or better yet, are YOU Spags? You know he got a big $$$ offer from Washington, and he didn't take it...they already have an offensive line and good runningback with promising talent, our defense has more talent, but they put it together to the point where they made it to the playoffs...what about our position is more enticing?

Jamaal Anderson-nope
      Coleman-possibly won't even be here
      Abe-hell ya
      Brooking-not hardly
      Boley-of course
      Hall-if he stays

They have good building blocks there. Just because you want to say he would have accepted here means nothing, because you don't know anything as far as what is in his mind. He made his decision very quickly to stay in NY...its LIKELY...far MORE likely that he didn't really want to go anywhere in the first place...he just won the Superbowl and has one hell of a defense returning...
      Are YOU Spags? The point is you can not say he would have declined or accepted the offer. I say we could have waited two weeks, considering this decision will affect/ affected this team directly for three to fifteen years and indirectly for the franchises future.

Also, New York is not one hell of a defense. It lacks talent at strongside linebacker, weakside linebacker, defensive tackle, one safety position, and at least one cornerback. He made that defense along with the defensive line, Antonio Pierce, and improving Corey Webster and Aaron Ross.
      Last edited by BamaFalcon59; 02-08-2008, 06:42 PM.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Look, the FACTS are VERY clear to those of us actually paying attention, you're failing to see that he didn't leave New York...that's the point I'm trying to make here, the fact that he didn't leave, means that he wasn't an option. So you can say whatever you want, the FACT of the matter is he didn't leave, so we made the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
          Look, the FACTS are VERY clear to those of us actually paying attention, you're failing to see that he didn't leave New York...that's the point I'm trying to make here, the fact that he didn't leave, means that he wasn't an option. So you can say whatever you want, the FACT of the matter is he didn't leave, so we made the right decision.

That is horrid logic. The fact that he didn't leave his team for a job that is hardly good at all, means he never would have left? Even if he didn't leave in a million years means nothing. Blank said he wanted the best. He could have atleast interviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
            That is horrid logic. The fact that he didn't leave his team for a job that is hardly good at all, means he never would have left? Even if he didn't leave in a million years means nothing. Blank said he wanted the best. He could have atleast interviewed.
            I agree, horrible logic. It is pointless to say he would have accepted or declined the offer, waiting was the best thing to do because the reward could have been very high.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

What makes you guys think that Spagnuolo would of went to Atlanta? He rejected Washington for Pete's sake, and Atlanta's doing twice as bad as they are. Our franchise is in crumbles right now, and Washington's just a couple of players away from getting to the playoffs.

Bama, I think you're just going opposite of whatever iloxygenil says. Dimitroff did the right thing to hire Smith, and I'm very happy that he did it now. Was I happy when I found out that we got him? No, but now that I figured that Atlanta would of had no chance of getting Spagnuolo, then I'm very happy. If we waited, we would of lost as much as we could of gained. We would of lost weeks of scouting the players down in the Senior and East-West Shrine Bowl games. Not to mention what iloxygenil listed about player contract extensions and negotiations.

Time is money.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information