I don't know about you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know about you

but I'm really glad we didn't wait on Spags now. How smart do we look compared to the Redskins now? We got our guy...and no matter what all the haters want to say, we made the right moves...we got our guy when we knew the time was right, didn't rush it but let things come to us...while it may seem like we rushed to hire him once the Giants won their game...it is becoming apparent that our FO doesn't care what the media is saying too much (thank GOODNESS) anymore...lets hope that carries over to the draft (Ryan)

Imagine how bad it would have been had Spags gone back to NY and the Falcons would have been burned yet again.

Comment

Yup, chalk one up for TD.
      TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Mike Smith was not going anywhere. That is why the Redskins could wait, because Fassel was staying put if Spags failed. We should have waited.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Why Bama? Can you not see how foolish you are now especially that we had a 0% chance of landing him? Smith wasn't going anywhere, sure, but were the Falcons without him? NEWP...what's a team without a coach? The GM can't really do anything...we have a GM and HC that believe football should be played the same way, that's all any team can really ask for. I'm looking forward to it, so you be bitter all you want, but our FO made the right decision, regardless of what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
            Why Bama? Can you not see how foolish you are now especially that we had a 0% chance of landing him? Smith wasn't going anywhere, sure, but were the Falcons without him? NEWP...what's a team without a coach? The GM can't really do anything...we have a GM and HC that believe football should be played the same way, that's all any team can really ask for. I'm looking forward to it, so you be bitter all you want, but our FO made the right decision, regardless of what you think.

First off, it wouldn't have killed us to have waited. And second of all, you saying we made the right decision is no different then me saying it's wrong.

Comment

It would have hurt us...we would be NO where in talks with our players as far as who we want to retain and who we want to let go, we'd have hired him today at the earliest, that means it's mid week NEXT week before we even get to put things in order in ANY way...yeah, it would have crippled us, last time I checked the Redskins weren't an organization anyone wanted to model from.

Comment

I honestly believe that Spags would have accepted a contract with the Falcons. Just compare the Redskins front-seven to your front-seven and you can see why Spags didn't want to coach for the Skins. Just think of what he could have done with your d-line.

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

It would have hurt us...we would be NO where in talks with our players as far as who we want to retain and who we want to let go, we'd have hired him today at the earliest, that means it's mid week NEXT week before we even get to put things in order in ANY way...yeah, it would have crippled us, last time I checked the Redskins weren't an organization anyone wanted to model from.

It most certainly wouldn't have "crippled" us. There is still plenty of time before FA, and I highly doubt a couple of weeks would make or break this franchise. How long can discussions about players really last? Certainly could be done well before free agency.

Comment

Good to see that you can forsee the future, saying that the FO made the best decision.

Also, how were we to know he would not take the job? It was two weeks away, you act like it was obvious.

And, who says he would not take the job here? Like Turtlepower said, we have more youth and talent defensively than the Redskins. There is a good shot he would have taken the job here.
                    Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      It most certainly wouldn't have "crippled" us. There is still plenty of time before FA, and I highly doubt a couple of weeks would make or break this franchise. How long can discussions about players really last? Certainly could be done well before free agency.
                      I agree. Like I said before, I can wait two weeks for the best coach if it means we will have a chance to be a successful franchise, which we have not been in our forty year history. Two weeks of waiting to potentially end forty years of losing...and also I never even got the feeling Dimintroff or Blank was happy, considering Garrett and Caldwell were the top two guys and we likely would have taken Spags over him (Smith) as well.

I think it was a OK hire, but Spags would have been better.
                      Virginia Tech.

Comment

Did I forsee the future? I am using hindsight...as you all should. There's no shot he was taking the job here, he got what he wanted, money and the ability to continue to develop, he's a 1st year coordinator folks, who says he even wants to be a head coach? He may enjoy doing exactly what he's doing...so now...like I said...the FO made the right decision, how do you evaluate something, you evaluate it AFTER the facts have come in...well they're in. If Spags had gone to Washington you could have a gripe if you wanted to be really whiny about it, but now that Spags wasn't an option, you have no legit gripe.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                          I agree. Like I said before, I can wait two weeks for the best coach if it means we will have a chance to be a successful franchise, which we have not been in our forty year history. Two weeks of waiting to potentially end forty years of losing...and also I never even got the feeling Dimintroff or Blank was happy, considering Garrett and Caldwell were the top two guys and we likely would have taken Spags over him (Smith) as well.

I think it was a OK hire, but Spags would have been better.
                          So you want to accuse me of 'knowing the future' when I was clearly looking into the past, and you're saying that a coach that isn't an option, never was ACTUALLY an option, would be a better hire than the coach that we have, who hasn't coached a game yet and has just as good of a chance at being the best coach in falcons history as he does of being the worst...

Mrs Cleo is that you?

Comment

Did I forsee the future? I am using hindsight...as you all should. There's no shot he was taking the job here, he got what he wanted, money and the ability to continue to develop, he's a 1st year coordinator folks, who says he even wants to be a head coach? He may enjoy doing exactly what he's doing...so now...like I said...the FO made the right decision, how do you evaluate something, you evaluate it AFTER the facts have come in...well they're in. If Spags had gone to Washington you could have a gripe if you wanted to be really whiny about it, but now that Spags wasn't an option, you have no legit gripe.
                            I said there is a good shot he would have accepted the job here. So did a Giant fan. Unready coaches take jobs every year, and most people who have encountered Spags say he is ready. Unless he interviewed here and declined the offer, then I can say there was a good shot he would have accepted the offer.

The facts will not be in for at least three more years. Jim Mora looked like a bad hire when he was hired. He looked great after year one. He looked horrible after year three. You can not use hindsight when no games have been played.
                            Virginia Tech.

Comment

So you want to accuse me of 'knowing the future' when I was clearly looking into the past, and you're saying that a coach that isn't an option, never was ACTUALLY an option, would be a better hire than the coach that we have, who hasn't coached a game yet and has just as good of a chance at being the best coach in falcons history as he does of being the worst...

Mrs Cleo is that you?
                              First of all learn to put a sentence together.

Second of all, you are being repetative. I have said there was a good shot he would accept the offer. And I can say that because he never was interviewed. I can also say with confidence he would have likely been the choice over Smith if he accepted the offer. Then again, Smith was quite a bit down our list of coaches.
                              Virginia Tech.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information