Free Agent thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falconsrule View Post
    Houston has the speed to keep up with just about every WR in the NFL and he also very physical but I think we all know he needs to work on his ball hawking skills hopefully our new coaching staff can help him out on that.
    I think that if he could do it with Mathis (who is now a very good corner, but is less physical than Houston) he can do it with Houston. I know the innate ability for Mathis was a little bit easier with the ball...I think Houston was really just locked into the receivers more than playing the ball...but I think that if he can do it with Mathis he can do it with Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
      Can't handle an argument? Who can't? I just point out what you're saying vs facts...you're the one who resorted to name calling etc.
      You said I couldn't read, I think that is an insult too, no? You neg repped me for argueing and reported me for namecalling, although you start the arguements and spark the namecalling. So just stop commenting my posts.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
        You said I couldn't read, I think that is an insult too, no? You neg repped me for argueing and reported me for namecalling, although you start the arguements and spark the namecalling. So just stop commenting my posts.
        Welcome to a public forum. If you don't want me to comment, then don't post. I neg repped you for not listening, cause its frustrating. I think if you'd just read things thoroughly it'd be fine, cause you do have very good points from time to time. I did report you for name calling cause I got the same thing in the past. As far as starting arguments...is there ever really someone who 'starts' them, cause who gets credit? The person with the idea, or the person who has a different idea?

Comment

From KFFL:

Falcons | Team may have interest in Collins
          Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:27:21 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Atlanta Falcons may have an interest in Washington Redskins QB Todd Collins, who may become a free agent this offseason.

Comment

bleh.. he fit the redskins' offense. thats why he did so well in their stretch. an extreme case of system qb imo. we take a qb in the first or second, let redman/harrington fight for the job in the first 8 weeks and hand the reins over to our rookie. no need to waste cap on collins.

Comment

That report from the Washington Post is nothing more than pure speculation. Any writer could link the Falcons with any free agent QB, and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch...
              TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Welcome to a public forum. If you don't want me to comment, then don't post. I neg repped you for not listening, cause its frustrating. I think if you'd just read things thoroughly it'd be fine, cause you do have very good points from time to time. I did report you for name calling cause I got the same thing in the past. As far as starting arguments...is there ever really someone who 'starts' them, cause who gets credit? The person with the idea, or the person who has a different idea?
                Then stop acting dumb and like a child. Oh boo hoo, he called me a name and I can't handle an arguement. You're like a child. You neg repped me for not listening? Wow. I can't even say anything because I'm sure you would whine to some mod. You neg repped me because you couldn't hang in an arguement. If you are going to complain about argueing, then stop attempting to start them. There is a difference between...

Originally posted by iloxigenil
                2 of the best WRs in the NFL...okay...darn...shucks...I expected him to have 17 interceptions in those 2 games. I mean those 2 WRs are just scrubs and haven't been in the NFL long at all.
                and

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
                Houston had his moments of weakness, but any rookie who gets that much exposure is going to struggle at times. He's got elite speed, and seems to have pretty good hips. He needs to improve his awareness, and learn how to play the ball better, but he will have learned a huge amount from his first season.

Most importantly, he showed the mental strength necessary for a cornerback, being picked on time and time again (because of Hall), and never getting disillusioned.
                One is a sarcastic attempt to start an arguement, one is a comment that actually makes sense.
                Virginia Tech.

Comment

Actually it's not an attempt to start an argument. It is sarcastic however. If you don't like that I'm sarcastic, I'm sorry. But don't try to say I can't hang in an argument, I got tired of arguing because everyone around here is sick of us going back and forth, so I did what I knew to do that wasn't an argument, I neg repped you...which you could do to me too...if you don't agree with what I say, or whatever...and I reported you for a personal attack because that's what it was. I'm not attacking you personally, I won't do it, I did it before, and I got reprimanded so I changed. At this point I don't see a change in you, and obviously you've been rewarded by someone, and that's fine, good for you. But, to say I can't hang in an argument isn't true, it's just trying to stir me up.

But you're right, I am sarcastic, especially about something like that. I like to be sarcastic, and that's a form of communication. But I wasn't trying to start an argument...I am sick of going back and forth with you, so you can have the last word, and say whatever you please. I'm not going to go back and forth with you anymore. However, if you make a comment I feel a need to respond to, I will, that's what this entire system of a message board is about.

Comment

I'm not going to go back and forth with you anymore.
                    Then that's the end of it.
                    Virginia Tech.

Comment

Hoorah.

To get the focus back to free agents: my sleeper pick in free agency is Eugene Wilson. Patriots have his replacement, so he'll probably not be resigned. He's played consistently at a high level, but has had a few minor injuries lately, so his price shouldn't be too great.

He's a perfect fit for us, because he can play nickel corner if JW manages to play FS, or can step in at FS if JW sucks again.

There's also the obvious TD connection, but TD was a college scout, so shouldn't have a massive connection with Wilson. He just makes sense in a lot of other ways.

Comment

Wow! Stacy Andrews gets the $7.5 mill franchise tag! So much for picking him up as a reasonably high level FA...

Comment

I think we will take a hard look at Michael Turner. I'm not a huge fan, but it seems like a smart move if we like the guy. He is basically Jonathan Stewart but older, with not too much wear and tear on him. Then we can get some midlevel free agents like Maurice Williams for the offensive line, and a nickel CB. If no Turner, then Derrick Ward.

Both would pair with Norwood nicely as well.
                          Virginia Tech.

Comment

I think we will take a hard look at Michael Turner. I'm not a huge fan, but it seems like a smart move if we like the guy. He is basically Jonathan Stewart but older, with not too much wear and tear on him. Then we can get some midlevel free agents like Maurice Williams for the offensive line, and a nickel CB. If no Turner, then Derrick Ward.

Both would pair with Norwood nicely as well.
                            Virginia Tech.

Comment

If we can get Turner for a decent price, great. But i hate the idea of spending serious cash on Turner when, for a third round pick, we can get someone with similar talent with a 10th of the salary.

Comment

I would like to get a good back in FA honestly, cause it doesn't seem to me the elite backs (Stewart and Mendenhall) are going to be good values where we would be picking...if we could move down some sure but a guy like a Chris Brown from the Titans or a Turner (but he's going to cash in) would be great for the franchise. I like a lot of RBs this year, I just don't see many that could come in and be elite backs for us. I do like Rice, I do like Choice, but compared to Mendenhall and Stewart...they're just not on that level.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information