Free Agent thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
    If we can get Turner for a decent price, great. But i hate the idea of spending serious cash on Turner when, for a third round pick, we can get someone with similar talent with a 10th of the salary.
    I disagree. There might be a lot of good backs this year, but Forte is the only one who is a big back that will likely be there in round three. Most of them are on the small side. Turner, I think, compares well to Jonathan Stewart. And Stewart is a top-twenty talent in this draft.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Turner's a talent, no doubt. But I just don't like to spend big money on running backs. If we can get him for a deal around $3-4 mill per year, that'd be palatable. But any more than that and I'd be slightly miffed.
      TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Whoa **** Bama. Your rep just skyrocketed.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
          Whoa **** Bama. Your rep just skyrocketed.
          That's what Ward and Toonster do for you. Two positive reps and I went up like 7 bars (2 to 9).
          Virginia Tech.

Comment

Must have been a pretty amazing post to get rep from Ward and Toonster. Nice.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
              Must have been a pretty amazing post to get rep from Ward and Toonster. Nice.
              Lol, not really. Ward was from defending Roddy White and Toonster was for defending Sedrick Ellis and saying what it takes to be a nose tackle.
              Virginia Tech.

Comment

Even Rotoworld is predicting Michael Turner to the Falcons. I suspect Turner, and at least one O-Lineman and one DT will be signed. My bets:

Max Starks
                Corey Williams
                Michael Turner

Comment

That would make me happy as a lark Shiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    Even Rotoworld is predicting Michael Turner to the Falcons. I suspect Turner, and at least one O-Lineman and one DT will be signed. My bets:

Max Starks
                    Corey Williams
                    Michael Turner

I'd be happy with that. Even though I still really like McFadden, Turner just makes sense on so many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      I'd be happy with that. Even though I still really like McFadden, Turner just makes sense on so many levels.
                      I like McFadden too...but if we could be open for Ellis, or Dorsey, or Long I'd be stoked.

Comment

Michael Turner running on the left with Jake Long and Justin Blaylock blocking for him.

Shiet.

Comment

That'd be nice d34

Comment

Corey Williams and Michael Turner? I doubt it. Those are both the top players at their positions.
                            Virginia Tech.

Comment

We're prepared to spend money...we have to fix something in FA, cause even with 9 picks we don't have enough to fill our problems without a strong showing in FA.

Comment

We're not winning this year anyways. Trying to get it all done in one year, also known as rushing, is probably the worst thing we could do. Take our time and be smart.
                                Virginia Tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information