Roster Cut thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
    Two questions for Falcons fans: is Crumpler any good, and worth being picked up by a team to be a starting TE?
    Crumpy is a stud. I don't know if his knees are 100% but I know the guy can ball. I'm really disturbed that we cut him, but I guess, it's just time to move forward and let him have a chance at a championship elsewhere, cause that's not what we're looking at right now.

As far as Davis, I see him as an Alge clone too...I want him on the team cause Alge was a friggin stud, but Davis is a young healthy Alge...that's why I'd want him.

As far as Milner goes, I hope he doesn't make the roster, I can't stand watching him drop anymore passes.

Comment

Two questions for Falcons fans: is Crumpler any good, and worth being picked up by a team to be a starting TE?
      He is a playmaker with injury concerns and will drop some balls.

Pros
      - Great blocker
      - Hard to tackle
      - Adept at finding holes in the zone
      - Good at coming back to the ball
      - Faster than he looks
      - Redzone threat
      - Can get down the field

Cons
      - Drops too many balls
      - Bad knees
      - Overweight
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

As far as Madden-

Roddy White is good, but Harrington and Redman will have at best like 88/87 arm strength. Norwood will be OK, but our offensive line will be a lot worse than this years Madden.

The defense should be fast, but could be beat by playaction. Babineaux will be underrated, as well as Boley and DeAngelo. Boley and Hall should be near the tops of their positions, but they won't be. Hall will likely be a 94 or something. Also keep in mind DeMorrio Williams is leaving.
        Virginia Tech.

Comment

I got this from a member from the FalcFans message boards.

Dimitroff on 680 The Fan:

Thomas Dimitroff was on 680 the fan yesterday as we were heading back to the barn.

First though,...Buck Belue revealed something I had never heard before. When Coleman hurt himself on that ski jet, he didn't tell anyone in the Falcons organization until after the first day of the draft. Belue suggested the drafting of Trey Lewis was the result of they learning of Coleman's injury and probably would've addressed DT earlier on on the draft.

Anyway, Dimitroff said it wasn't as hard to cut guys like Coleman and Crumpler because he didn't know them too well.

Thomas said that they're looking at Quinn Ojinaka(?) to play next to Blalock. Dimitroff said Ojinaka fits perfectly within the scheme they'll be using and said the guy is an intelligent, hard worker.

And this should make everyone happy,...Dimitroff said they are working on a deal for Michael Boley.

Comment

If we do zone blocking **** I will be beyond pissed off. Like, really. I mean the guy is like 285 pounds.

**** me if this is true.
            Virginia Tech.

Comment

Now that you mention it I do remember reading that the Patriots' loved Ojinnaka coming out in the draft, but Atlanta took him right before their pick...

Comment

Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                speculation or fact?
                According to AJC is Brooking is with the team (which he apparently still is) it will be as a WLB, not MLB.

He's decent at best. His stats were always inflated because Vick was unable to throw to anybody else. He has had injury problems lately, which has caused him to be overweight and less effective.

Comment

Any chance Nicholas plays MLB? Out of college he was said to be able to play any LB position.
                  Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                    Any chance Nicholas plays MLB? Out of college he was said to be able to play any LB position.
                    I believe he has the ability, but I really think that they'll just let him groom behind Brooking. He's going to be a stud, but maybe not in full time duty right now.

As far as Madden goes, Roddy should be like 90 or 92 something like that with like 94 speed (all my opinion) with really great stiff arm and break tackle for a WR. Norwood needs to be at least 98 speed...maybe not 98 accel but speed. even a QB with 85 arm strength has the power to throw a screen to Roddy on the outside, np.

If Hall isn't a 95 it's a ripoff, and if Boley isn't a 90+ it's a ripoff. I think both really had good seasons, and will get respect. Everyone knows Hall is a freak cover guy, if he can keep his attitude right. But Boley, man he's a champ, I think he'll be lower than he should be this year, because well...he didn't make the pro bowl...even though he had good stats, until playing injured.

Comment

I doubt they put Roddy that high, most likely a 88 or so. As far as Norwood, I doubt his speed is above 96. They upped it to there this year, and I doubt it increases. 97 tops, but I doubt it. They just don't give that kind of speed to runningbacks usually.
                      Virginia Tech.

Comment

I'd really hope they'd realize how good DeAngelo is, and put him and Nnamdi as 2 of the top corners.

Also it would be nice to see Boley get a great rating, but I'm thinking he will be an 87. Doesn't matter to me though, I always edit ratings I don't like.

Comment

Hmm, very interesting about Ojinnaka at LT.

Yes, he's light, but he's actually a pretty good run blocker. He's also very athletic, so it's not impossible that he could do okay. It's an interesting idea, but I can't believe it'll stop us using a first day pick on an OT.

I'm not sure it would mean shifting to a ZBS. The best lines utilize a mixture of zone and man blocking, and hopefully we recognise that.
                          TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Yeah, you gotta mix it up, but I don't think he's at all the fix for our LT problem. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it.

Comment

Roddy won't be a 90 or 92. He will be around an 85 or, specifically, I would guess he would be a 88.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information