X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster Cut thread

DT Rod Colman is the first one with many more coming today

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...eman_0215.html

Ah, shame. I guess that's fair enough, given the improvement in Babs, his high cap charge, and is presumably based on medical reports.

Could be a long day of blood-letting...
    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

That move almost seems like...wow...we're not trying to win this season at all. Which is fine, we want to build something different, like I've been saying all along, we have to build for the future, not just a bandaid on a mortal wound and put a winning season together only to fall apart the next season, we have to create a dominant base.

Hopefully Rod lands somewhere good, cause his ability can really transform a team's defense...he's going to be missed here.

Comment

I'm not terribly surprised; age, injuries, declining production, cap charge, all worked in favor of this move.

My take on the other cuts:

Lawyer Milloy
        Kynan Forney
        Keith Brooking
        Wayne Gandy
        Byron Leftwich
        Todd Weiner
        Warrick Dunn

All of those that I listed are top candidates, for a lot of the same reasons that they cut Rod Coleman. Out with the old, declining players who are chewing up the cap space I say.
        Last edited by Shiver; 02-15-2008, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Good call. The only old veteran I dont want to lose is Milloy. We need his leadership for the next couple of years while we rebuild, and I think he can still play. Weiner isnt terrible either...I wouldnt mind him staying. Everyone else need to go to be replaced with younger guys.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

crumpler cut

Comment

Are you kidding? WTF...okay...Fred Davis round 2

Comment

Originally posted by www.atlantafalcons.com
                Tight end Alge Crumpler, defensive tackle Rod Coleman, left tackle Wayne Gandy, quarterback Byron Leftwich, cornerback Lewis Sanders, linebacker Marcus Wilkins and wide receiver Jamin Elliott were released after what was - for many of the aforementioned - a long, injury-prone season.
                Well...I don't know what to think...Dunn is still on the roster...this sucks.

Comment

Fred Davis doesn't fit our system. If it were to go with a tight end in the second round, I'd be very surprised if we didn't go with John Carlson from Notre Dame.

Comment

I agree with Libid 21. Id rather have John Carlson instead of Fred Davis. Carlson could be a very nice weapon for our future QB to throw to when in trouble.

And i like what the Falcons are doing. I personally think its a good idea to cut our old/expensive players and instead let our youngsters play and get them groomed

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                      I agree with Libid 21. Id rather have John Carlson instead of Fred Davis. Carlson could be a very nice weapon for our future QB to throw to when in trouble.

And i like what the Falcons are doing. I personally think its a good idea to cut our old/expensive players and instead let our youngsters play and get them groomed
                      Thanks, but I think you've got it mixed up. Carlson may just be an average receiver. The only reason why I said that was because Carlson is a pure beast in terms of blocking. Fred Davis, on the other hand, is more of a receiving TE than Carlson.

Comment

Originally posted by Libid21 View Post
                        Thanks, but I think you've got it mixed up. Carlson may just be an average receiver. The only reason why I said that was because Carlson is a pure beast in terms of blocking. Fred Davis, on the other hand, is more of a receiving TE than Carlson.
                        I know Fred is more of a receiving TE the Carlson. what i ment by it was Carlson would be a better player then Fred because he could block better for our young QB and could also go out and catch a pass.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Right now our needs are:

DT
                          QB
                          LT

Then the secondary needs:

MLB (Keith Brooking is moving to WLB)
                          RB
                          TE
                          K

I expect half of those needs to be filled via free agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            MLB (Keith Brooking is moving to WLB)
                            speculation or fact?

Comment

I can see why the cut Coleman. I would have been inclined to give him a shot though. When healthy he can play. I also read Milloy might be out, and we won't reup with Crocker. Hopefully Stone and J-Dub are ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information