No announcement yet.

Falcons dangling Hall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that he could be had for the right price. If Atlanta could get multiple picks high in the draft I say 'why not?' He isn't a "shutdown" (he's very good though) corner, he's mouthy, and he will want a hefty new contract. Obviously the team would be better with him on the field, but not at the price of an immense distraction. He has the potential to explode at any moment.

Comment

You don't think he played at a shutdown level last season? I think he did. Or are you saying that because of his average previous season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        I think that he could be had for the right price. If Atlanta could get multiple picks high in the draft I say 'why not?' He isn't a "shutdown" (he's very good though) corner, he's mouthy, and he will want a hefty new contract. Obviously the team would be better with him on the field, but not at the price of an immense distraction. He has the potential to explode at any moment.
        Theres no such thing as a shutdown CB in the NFL with the rules today. He, Nnamdi, and Bailey are the closest to taking away half the field. And giving up 1 TD last year is pretty damn good. I dont even remember him getting burnt last season.

But even with that said, if a good offer comes along (and I mean good.) I dont see why we shouldnt trade him. This is a critical year for rebuilding and having all these picks in the first couple of rounds would be pretty amazing for a franchise that is rebuilding. With a great draft with all those picks, added onto our last years solid draft, you have a great young team that will only get better.

It will be hard leaving Hall (my username is dedicated to him, if you cant tell), but you have to see the upside the trade could do for the franchise.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I'm not sure there was a better cornerback in the NFL last year than DeAngelo Hall. But I think an extension should be made or we should trade him. Preferably extension.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
            You don't think he played at a shutdown level last season? I think he did. Or are you saying that because of his average previous season.
            He wasn't shutdown. Amani Toomer and Anthony Gonzalez come to mind from last year. He played well for the most part, and rebounded from being very average in '06, but teams still threw at him.

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

It will be hard leaving Hall (my username is dedicated to him, if you cant tell), but you have to see the upside the trade could do for the franchise.
              Unless we get something to the tune of 2 firsts, I probably wouldn't be happy. I couldn't justify trading a guy who is as good as he is at the age of 24 for prospects. Not matter how sure they may be.

He wasn't shutdown. Amani Toomer and Anthony Gonzalez come to mind from last year. He played well for the most part, and rebounded from being very average in '06, but teams still threw at him.

Those are more less blemishes, IMO. Toomer's TD was on D'Mo. Hall had a pick, and 4 passes defended that game. Not to mention 11 tackles with a solid amount coming on Jacobs.

And I do remember Gonzalez having a few catches, but I also remember distinctly Peyton Manning ignoring DeAngleo's side of the field for a while as well.

Comment

Yeah. Thats the kind of trade I was thinking about. 2 firsts. 1 first plus proven player. 1 first 1 second 1 third.

Pretty damn good **** I would say.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I would need a top -20 pick and a second round pick.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I think it would be stupid to trade Hall - if he's willing to stay. It's not going to be possible to get a better CB, and even if it were possible, we'd have to pay them as much as we're going to have to pay Hall - which will probably be in the region of 11 mill per year.

Incidentally, when Stacy Andrews is getting a $7.5 mill franchise tag, I don't feel quite so bad about giving Hall $11 mill / year.

If we're worried about salary cap, we'd be better off trading out of our top-5 pick, and accumulating picks that way rather than dumping (one of) our best player(s).
                    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

So apparently Giants are willing to trade the 31st pick to the Falcons for Hall.

I will quit being a Falcons fan and become a fan of the Texans if that happens. I swear.

Comment

Maybe the team is going to trade Hall for a first round pick (+) and then go sign Asante Samuel. That would be a huge win-win.

Here is what I said on the other thread on this:

Hopefully this starts a bidding war, just like last year when Houston overpaid Atlanta for Schaub to one-up the Raiders. I doubt Atlanta would take just #31, so it is up to the Giants as to whether they would be willing to sweeten the deal.

It is very obvious that Atlanta is going to great lengths to eliminate the loud, opinionated segment of the Falcons' locker room. Last year DeAngelo Hall and Alge Crumpler made a lot of noise, and it looks like both are going to be gone. You cannot win with players like that; for example, just look at the Giants once they got rid of Tiki Barber and to some extent Jeremy Shockey.

I think this makes complete sense on the Falcons' part. DeAngelo Hall is a top-10 CB, but he wants a new contract and is obviously a head-case. If they do this deal, or some variant of it, then they would have four picks in the first forty-eight picks! If you want to rebuild that is exactly what you want.

Comment

that would be brilliant if td pulls that off.

on the flip side, so much change for the franchise! as a falcons fan, i want to rebuild and win but it'll be pretty hard to watch vick, crumpler, AND hall all exit the organization in 2 seasons.

Comment

Yeah. Losing 3 of our top5 franchise faces isnt amazing. Its tough, but it might be necessary.

Vick and Crumpler I can understand. Hall, not so much.

Comment

yeah i agree.

i want hall on this team. cb is a position where you need to have that fire and swagger. sure champ bailey rarely loses his cool but i like hall and the way he frustrates his opponents.

and to those who argue the falcons need butts in the seats and that we should take ryan: losing crumpler in addition to hall will take more butts out than drafting ryan will put in.

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                                So apparently Giants are willing to trade the 31st pick to the Falcons for Hall.

I will quit being a Falcons fan and become a fan of the Texans if that happens. I swear.
                                I'd leave. The 31st pick is a terrible terrible deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information