Falcons dangling Hall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they are making up? Iono?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

People have thrown out something about one of Dallas picks and Anthony Henry, dont know how much truth it is to it, personally the redskins can win for all I care and we can draft DRC, I really like Henry and would hate to see him go anyway...but I agree in the fact that you may not get proper value, but why keep him one more year and let him walk for nothing and you still need a db..getting a pick in the 20's would be great and you could grab an impact player that will be with the team for awhile.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

03/03...The Dallas Cowboys are reportedly considering making a play for Falcons CB DeAngelo Hall in a trade with the Atlanta Falcons...Hall has been linked to the Cowboys hated division rival the Giants in a possible trade between the two teams involving the Giants first round pick in the 2008 Draft, but the latest reports have the Giants backing away from any such trade...the Cowboys own two first round picks in the upcoming Draft and could trump the Giants offer of a first round pick in return for Hall, if the two got into a bidding war since either one of the Cowboys first round picks are slotted earlier than the Giants pick in the first round...one of the Cowboys biggest needs heading into the offseason was at the Cornerback position and that need became bigger on Sunday when the Texans signed CB Jacques Reeves in free agency...none of the cornerback prospects in the 2008 Draft can compare to Hall in ability and help the Cowboys right away from day one to represent the NFC in next year's Super Bowl...this situation bears watching over the next several weeks.
        That is from the Dallas Cowboys team forum.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I just responded on that thread. Pretty interesting. I wouldnt mind a first round pick + Henry.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

man, I don't want to lose Deangelo, he's too friggin good. I don't care, hate all you want, he's elite.

Comment

The chances of him being here long term are slim, so we should take the value while it is there. It is also clear we are bringing in our kind of player, and want new leaders to develop. I agree with that philosiphy, if we want to rebuild we need to have new building blocks and new leaders. No holdovers.

If we can get pick 28 from Dallas, which I think is bad value, I think we take it. We need to cash in. We do not want DeAngelo Hall being on this team as a malcontent. That just creates dissent, and if he is unhappy it will just get worse. Anyone not in agreement with us needs to get out.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I obviously wouldnt want to lose him (look at my username) but the chances of him staying are so low. He even came out and said it. I will just take the best offer now.

Comment

reports tonight are that my Skins are major players for trading for Hall

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
                  2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                    I obviously wouldnt want to lose him (look at my username) but the chances of him staying are so low. He even came out and said it. I will just take the best offer now.

Lance Briggs ring a bell?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      Indeed.

Fundamentally, Hall is whining because he thinks that we don't want him. If we decide that we do want him, and make him a contract offer in line with that, then he'll have no reason to be unhappy.

However, that won't take away the fact that he tends to throw a major strop every time something minor doesn't go his way. I've got to say, as much as I love Hall's talent, I'm starting to get fairly fed up with that.
                      TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                        The chances of him being here long term are slim, so we should take the value while it is there. It is also clear we are bringing in our kind of player, and want new leaders to develop. I agree with that philosiphy, if we want to rebuild we need to have new building blocks and new leaders. No holdovers.

If we can get pick 28 from Dallas, which I think is bad value, I think we take it. We need to cash in. We do not want DeAngelo Hall being on this team as a malcontent. That just creates dissent, and if he is unhappy it will just get worse. Anyone not in agreement with us needs to get out.
                        If we do take the 28th pick I hope were getting a 3rd rounder with that.

Comment

I honestly dont know why we dont just sign D.Hall to a long term deal. Thats most likely what he is complaining about, that we wont sign him. having him and Houston on either side for years to come would be awsome.

but if we do trade Hall then i hope we get atleast a 1st round pick.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

I think he felt betrayed, I'm not sure he'll allow himself to change that feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              Mm, yeah. I would love for that to happen with Hall's situation.

If it were only like Madden...just offer a new contract to a dissatisfied player, and his morale boosts up.

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                                If it were only like Madden...just offer a new contract to a dissatisfied player, and his morale boosts up.
                                I usually bomb my 1st season so I can hire my own staff and be in control of the draft. So I've seen low moralers refuse to resign, haha.
                                Bring Wesley Woodyard back home Tom.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information