Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
    reports tonight are that my Skins are major players for trading for Hall
    It makes sense. They have utter disregard for draft picks and love veteran players. Hall would be a great fit. I could see 2 of my favorite players playing together. That would be nice.

The 21st (or 20th) pick would be a good pick for Hall. I wouldve wanted something higher, but after he expressed his discontents with the organizations, 20 is fine.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Believe it or not but its being reported by pewterreport.com that Tampa Bay is in the hunt and very close to completing something that would bring in D. Hall to the Bucs. Thats why they have saved the cap room. Not many more details than that but damn if Atlanta trades him within the division, thats a sign of despiration.

Speculating: I bet Tampa would give up their 1st round pick #20 this year and Michael Clayton. But who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by bucpimpin View Post
        Believe it or not but its being reported by pewterreport.com that Tampa Bay is in the hunt and very close to completing something that would bring in D. Hall to the Bucs. Thats why they have saved the cap room. Not many more details than that but damn if Atlanta trades him within the division, thats a sign of despiration.

Speculating: I bet Tampa would give up their 1st round pick #20 this year and Michael Clayton. But who knows.

That just makes no sense. First why would we trade him to a rival and second, DeAngelo is a man to man type of guy. Not sure why they would stick him in a cover 2

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          That just makes no sense. First why would we trade him to a rival and second, DeAngelo is a man to man type of guy. Not sure why they would stick him in a cover 2
          Actually the Bucs have gone away from the Cover 2 more and more over recent years. Even playing a little 3-4 last year. Brian Kelly will be gone and he played mostly Man to Man.

IMO this Cover 2 / Man corner stuff is garbage. If the corner can play he can play.

I agree with you on the rival thing.. But I didnt start the rumor.

Comment

There's no denying Hall is a playmaker, and will be one anywhere. I would just hate to see him on the Bucs, because they are a rival, and probably won't get the most of his talent.

Comment

It would be insane to trade Hall to a division rival. That just makes the Deion comparison all the more obvious.

I would be astounded if that happened.
              TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Unless they give us their entire draft and some money or something, no way I'd want to face D-Hall twice a year.

Comment

It is true the Bucs have been running a lot less Tampa 2 lately, so who knows.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                    There's no denying Hall is a playmaker, and will be one anywhere. I would just hate to see him on the Bucs, because they are a rival, and probably won't get the most of his talent.
                    I understand why you don't want him at the Bucs, but why don't you think they could get the most out of his talent?

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                      I understand why you don't want him at the Bucs, but why don't you think they could get the most out of his talent?
                      Because we run a a hell of a lot more Cover 2/3 than man. Hall is pretty disinterested when it comes to tackling and he likes to run with guys. If we brought him here it would be a clash of playing styles and he has questionable attitude. In our system he's not worth the headcase risk and cost of draft picks. Same reasons why Chucky's Mathis trade sucked.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                        Because we run a a hell of a lot more Cover 2/3 than man. Hall is pretty disinterested when it comes to tackling and he likes to run with guys. If we brought him here it would be a clash of playing styles and he has questionable attitude. In our system he's not worth the headcase risk and cost of draft picks. Same reasons why Chucky's Mathis trade sucked.
                        A first rounder an Clayton is a lot less than what I gave up. I would not have given a first rounder up for Mathis

Comment

We brought a man CB in Phillip Buchanon to Tampa and completely revitalised his career. I'd like to think we could do the same with Hall.

Comment

We brought a man CB in Phillip Buchanon to Tampa and completely revitalised his career. I'd like to think we could do the same with Hall.
                            PBuc has worked hard on his tackling and even still he's not much more than an average Cover 2 corner. The instincts and ball skills just aren't there. I'd sign Hall if he was a FA but he's not worth a trade. Brandon Flowers would actually be a better fit for our defense than Hall, and we would be giving up more than a 1st for Hall.

Chucky: We run a simple zone defense. We shouldn't be giving up more than a couple of toonies and some kleenex for a corner. It's a moot point, but I think I agree.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

PBuc has worked hard on his tackling and even still he's not much more than an average Cover 2 corner. The instincts and ball skills just aren't there. I'd sign Hall if he was a FA but he's not worth a trade. Brandon Flowers would actually be a better fit for our defense than Hall, and we would be giving up more than a 1st for Hall.
                              That isn't really the point of the discussion but I completely understand what you mean. I am just of the opinion that the Tampa coaching staff would do a good job with DeAngelo Hall regardless of whether we are using a zone or man defense.

Just to clear things up, I don't think the trade will happen and don't want to trade #20 for him.

Comment

That isn't really the point of the discussion but I completely understand what you mean. I am just of the opinion that the Tampa coaching staff would do a good job with DeAngelo Hall regardless of whether we are using a zone or man defense.
                                I agree. Hall's burst in short-areas would make him a better starter than PBuc, and our coaches could definitely work on other areas of his game. The Cover 2 requires more experience and repetition than skill which is why we often draft our corners in the mid-rounds and they usually stink for their first couple years.

I am of the opinion that our defensive coaches could turn anyone into a solid starter....except Sabby Piscitelli.

And the Bucs jack another thread from the Falcons!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information