Falcons dangling Hall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    My god, we would be passed on to no end.
    Maybe so, but that is how it is looking right now.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Huff would def. not being included in the deal, from everything I've heard, Oakland is actually trying to swing a deal with Dallas for their 2 first rounders and then some. It is believed that then one of those Dallas 1st rounders would be sent to ATL for D-Hall with Fabian Washington probably included in the deal as well. That would give Oakland a secondary od Nnamdi, Hall, Huff and Wilson and ATL Washington, Houston, Coleman and Hutchins, or you could spend the extra rd.1 on a S or CB of the teams liking.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
        Huff would def. not being included in the deal, from everything I've heard, Oakland is actually trying to swing a deal with Dallas for their 2 first rounders and then some. It is believed that then one of those Dallas 1st rounders would be sent to ATL for D-Hall with Fabian Washington probably included in the deal as well. That would give Oakland a secondary od Nnamdi, Hall, Huff and Wilson and ATL Washington, Houston, Coleman and Hutchins, or you could spend the extra rd.1 on a S or CB of the teams liking.
        I would be fine with a first round pick and Fabian Washington. No one else is offering a first round pick from what I have heard, so getting a first round pick and a second round value (Fabian was a first round pick, although it might have been a reach, and has not exactly been a bust) would be nice.
        Virginia Tech.

Comment

• dammit, i woulda loved washington + a first rounder.

Comment

• Okay...so what pick overall is that that we just got for Hall? I really do believe that the TEAM will be better without Hall here, even though he was one of our most talented defenders. Wow, I just can't believe he only garnered a 2nd round pick...even if it is towards the top of the 2nd round...but then again...most of my favorite talents are going to fall in that range...and if we need to move up we can easily enough without giving up much at this point. 3 2nd round picks is going to make the draft fun to watch. Brandon Flowers is now on the radar no doubt...cover 2 here we come.

Comment

• We have pick 3, 35, 38, and 49.

Very impressive. Rebuilding starts right there.

I really dont want a VT corner. I just dont want him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• We can't base every prospect on what previous ones from their school has done or have been. Antione Cason is now my #1 favorite Corner though...actually...he has been. But Flowers is right there with him.

Comment

• how bout we trade down to get McKelvin or Cromartie?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

I really dont want a VT corner. I just dont want him.
                    Are you kidding? First of all that reasoning sucks. Second of all Flowers and Houston would be an amazingly, disgustingly incredible CB duo, especially in a Cover 2.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                      Are you kidding? First of all that reasoning sucks. Second of all Flowers and Houston would be an amazingly, disgustingly incredible CB duo, especially in a Cover 2.
                      I know its terrible reasoning and I dont have a valid reason as to why I think that, other than the issues we have had with past VT players. I wouldnt mind him and think he would be a good Cover 2 CB, but I just dont know...

Shrug. I know its just me.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• I will say that Flowers is a HUGE contrast from DeAngelo Hall, but a player every fan will love. He's quick, smart and loves to hit. Hall is the type of player you hardly see during a game because teams rarely throw to him, but Flowers is the type of player that closes on the ball to break up passes and make big hits, kinda like Asante Samuel.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                          I will say that Flowers is a HUGE contrast from DeAngelo Hall, but a player every fan will love. He's quick, smart and loves to hit. Hall is the type of player you hardly see during a game because teams rarely throw to him, but Flowers is the type of player that closes on the ball to break up passes and make big hits, kinda like Asante Samuel.
                          Yeah. He is a good fit for a zone Cover 2 team. How is his personality?

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                            Yeah. He is a good fit for a zone Cover 2 team. How is his personality?
                            I think he had trouble with his grades coming out of high school. He's not a high-character John Lynch type but he hasn't had any major incidents. He's into the whole African-American gangsta culture....you know? On the football field he's very vocal and intense. That's the only place where you can compare him to Hall, but Hall has better off-field character.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                              We can't base every prospect on what previous ones from their school has done or have been. Antione Cason is now my #1 favorite Corner though...actually...he has been. But Flowers is right there with him.
                              Yes, let us draft a less talented, just as bad personality (putting pictures on your myspace with coke and money lines up isnt well, he has bad grades, he has missed a practice ,etc) guy to replace a guy who was more talented with a better off the field character.
                              Virginia Tech.

Comment

• Man im really gonna MISS DeAngelo Hall, Alge Crumpler, Warrick Dunn, and Rod Coleman. Those guys did a great job here in ATLANTA.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                                Originally posted by fenikz
                                we all hate you

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information