Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcons dangling Hall?

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/...svc=7&cxcat=21

DeAngelo Hall's future: Coach Mike Smith wants the two-time Pro Bowl cornerback on the team. Hall, who has one-year left on his contract, recently said he wants to be back, but he won't play next season without an extension. The Falcons have not committed long-term to Hall and are exploring trade possibilities.
    "DeAngelo is a top-notch talent, and we're still evaluating," Dimitroff said. "I know coach Smith definitely wants him on the team. He makes this team better."

They wont trade him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Well if we are exploring trade opportunities with a team who wants the CB back and the CB who wants to be back, I would assume we would only pull the trigger if the trade favors us heavily.

I doubt we trade him, but if he does get away...I will be one sad man. My username would become deceiving.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

He's not going anywhere. He's going to be a long term Falcon, they're just trying to have bargaining chips to get him for as cheap as possible.

Think back to Hall's comments about $$$ and being able to play with Houston...he said he'd take less money to have someone like that on the opposite side of the field. I believe him...lets hope he'll sign a big contract, but nothing landmark so we'll be able to get other big time guys in under the cap too.

Comment

If this team trades DeAngelo, they don't deserve my support.

Comment

I think he is gone in the next few years. I would rather get a pick for him than just let him go. If I can have a top 15 pick then I might take it. Less than that, no.

But an extension is definitely the best option.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

If coach Smith said he wants Hall back and Hall said he wants to be here then why trade him...I agree with the rest of you guys I would be really piss if we trade Hall.

Comment

he's worth a top 5 pick and definately another 1st IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                  he's worth a top 5 pick and definately another 1st IMO.
                  Easily, but people here seem to hate on him and play down his skills compared to what they actually are...not as bad here as another forum I know of but, man you just don't get shut down corners like Hall with the new rules very often.

Comment

I just read this report today and came to see if it was true or not...Hes definately worth a first, he's still right now almost the same age as Terrance Newman was coming out, you would for sure get a shut down corner for the next 8 years, but i dont think anyone would give up two first...Is he worth it is one thing, because corners like him are hard to come by at his age, but I dont think a team would take the risk of giving up two 1st for him, it would have to be a team that felt they were a corner away from being a serious contender...

If you guys can get a mid 1st for him I dont think it be the worst of things to come...Chris Houston looked to be a #1 corner guy with elite speed so you would only need to find a solid guy opposite him, and when your in rebuilding mode another 1st is always nice, you guys would have a huge 1st day draft in terms of how many picks you would have.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Chris Houston looked great and the combine, but flat out sucked last year. Certainly can't count on him.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                        Chris Houston looked great and the combine, but flat out sucked last year. Certainly can't count on him.
                        He's a rookie CB, man. That was to be expected imo.

Anyhow, we'll gladly take Hall off your hands. :)
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                          He's a rookie CB, man. That was to be expected imo.

Anyhow, we'll gladly take Hall off your hands. :)
                          I know. And he did show flashes, but that was repsonding to the guy who thinks he's ready to be #1.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of DeAngelo Hall. All that said, in this day and age, with diversified passing attacks and CB restrictions, I'm hard pressed to say any CB is worth a top 5 AND another first. I mean ... a QB, sure. But a top 5 and another first? This isn't meant as a knock on Hall. It's just the realities of the CB position. I just don't see it worth that much.

I think, if they are really dangling him, the lure to do so isn't with his talent, as he's talented, but rather the hope of getting a couple extra picks this year to build around. Let's say you get another first and say a 2nd or a 3rd this year (maybe more, but basically add 2 picks in the first 3 rounds). I can see Dimitroff and Smith being quite tempted with the idea of having 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. That's enough assets to bring in a couple new OL, a RB, a QB, and some critical DL revamping, and with the CB depth, maybe they feel comfortable.

Now all that said, if they can keep Hall, they should. But if they think this is headed down a slippery slope, a slope where they might have to franchise him next year, then I definitely could understand the desire to avoid said situation.

Comment

I agree. If an extension can be had that is for the best, but I would rather him be traded then have continuous drama and disruptions that just lead to him leaving without compensation.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information