Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the 3rd pick the Atlanta Falcons Take...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice sig bnad.

Comment

Joey "Sack-Pick" Harrington? Are you serious? I'm not sold on Matt "Overrated" Ryan. His ceiling is not that much higher than the other QBs in the draft or that of Redman's or Shock's. I'm sorry, if we pick Ryan I just think the chances of a waisted pick comes into play.

I think we just trade out of the pick. Pick up additional picks and make a move for Stewart (rb- Oregon) in the 1st.......

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********

Comment

Alright, well after the combine and Scott's new rankings it looks like my picks are a little off. So, I'll give this another try.

1a) DMC
        1b) Gosder Cherilus
        2a) Phillip Wheeler
        2b) Antoine Cason
        3a) Josh Johnson
        3b) Dan Radovich
        4a) Frank Okam
        4b) Kellen Davis
        Originally posted by BamaFalcon59
        Open minded is eggs and hot sauce (trading down for Leodis McKelvin, something like that). Stupid is ketchup mixed with milk (that would be drafting Chris Long at three).

Comment

I don't think the Falcons will take Darren McFadden. I think he doesn't fill the team's top three needs; but, and more importantly, his character concerns are way too risky. The last thing the Falcons need is another superstar with a questionable character.

My hope is the team does what Cleveland did last year. That is, make everyone think you are going to take the QB or RB and actually take the stud LT. I want Jake Long more than any other player in the draft, and I think he fills the biggest need.

Comment

I don't see the prima dona in McFadden. I don't think the character concerns are much if anything.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

yeah he seems like a legit kid but the risk is still there and it will be magnified by the media if the falcons draft him.

im in total agreement with shiver.

and trading down has become next to impossible. i know jerry jones has a fetish for arkansas but hes not stupid enough to lose barber and first round pick(s) for one rb that can be had every couple years. im all for it taking stewart but the reality it does occur is slim to none.

Comment

hmmm. you know what we should do? what we actually plan to do and go with a big board of 1) JAke Long
                2) everyone else.

Owner of ScarDraft
                Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                  yeah he seems like a legit kid but the risk is still there and it will be magnified by the media if the falcons draft him.

im in total agreement with shiver.

and trading down has become next to impossible. i know jerry jones has a fetish for arkansas but hes not stupid enough to lose barber and first round pick(s) for one rb that can be had every couple years. im all for it taking stewart but the reality it does occur is slim to none.
                  Well, according to Shefter he's planning to do just that for the #1 pick. If I'm TD, I'm giving JJ a call right now...
                  TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

can anyone say 'hyped solely on intangibles'?
                    Do you back your opinions up or do you just go by the general public's opinion?

Comment

i dont wanna a qb who threw 31 tds to 19 ints. thats pitiful in a conference that isnt even elite in many regards. the only positive thing on him is that he ran a nfl-style offense but no one knows how that will translate. the mannings and brady didnt run pro-style offenses and it didnt matter in the nfl. his win over VT is possibly the only great flash he showed and that game is why he is getting incredibly hyped for his 'leadership' and intangibles. and the excuse many have that his wrs are crap doesnt work. before woodson's impressive emergence, KY was thought to have the worst receivers. now two of them are potential draftees. wrs in the nfl like stokley and gaffney are crap if paired with inept qbs but they become much better with better qbs. his accuracy is nothing to be excited about. and this guy is being considered for the third pick?!..

meanwhile, there is a guy from the sec with great upside that can be had for MILLIONS less. yes, his mechanics are crap but he makes good decisions with time and doesnt sling throws for careless INTs.

there is a ben roethlisberger-esque prospect comparable to jamarcus russell in his arm strength who can be obtained for MILLIONS less.

there is chad henne who since his freshman year, has shown great numbers and poise in a difficult conference.

there is brian brohm who proved his consistency throughout almost 4 straight years with impressive comebacks, blowouts, and great football iq. he is gonna be a helluva nfl qb and i want him in a falcons jersey but i have my doubts.

matt ryan is not worth a top three pick. say we draft him, he's gonna get killed behind our line. confidence shoots down and he thinks too much in the pocket. joey harrington anyone? if long is gone, we need to entertain trade offers and if that doesnt work then we go with dorsey or ellis. our offense needs a LT to build itself around or it will just bust. we can grab a sam baker, carl nicks, or chris williams later but the chance they become what jake long can become is slim.

im just sick of ryan being considered the best qb after one special yet not so great year. how great are these intangibles of his if after a great start in the season, one loss and the latter half crumbles? i'd rather have colt brennan in the fourth than ryan in the first.

Comment

i dont wanna a qb who threw 31 tds to 19 ints. thats pitiful in a conference that isnt even elite in many regards. the only positive thing on him is that he ran a nfl-style offense but no one knows how that will translate. the mannings and brady didnt run pro-style offenses and it didnt matter in the nfl. his win over VT is possibly the only great flash he showed and that game is why he is getting incredibly hyped for his 'leadership' and intangibles. and the excuse many have that his wrs are crap doesnt work. before woodson's impressive emergence, KY was thought to have the worst receivers. now two of them are potential draftees. wrs in the nfl like stokley and gaffney are crap if paired with inept qbs but they become much better with better qbs. his accuracy is nothing to be excited about. and this guy is being considered for the third pick?!..

meanwhile, there is a guy from the sec with great upside that can be had for MILLIONS less. yes, his mechanics are crap but he makes good decisions with time and doesnt sling throws for careless INTs.

there is a ben roethlisberger-esque prospect comparable to jamarcus russell in his arm strength who can be obtained for MILLIONS less.

there is chad henne who since his freshman year, has shown great numbers and poise in a difficult conference.

there is brian brohm who proved his consistency throughout almost 4 straight years with impressive comebacks, blowouts, and great football iq. he is gonna be a helluva nfl qb and i want him in a falcons jersey but i have my doubts.

matt ryan is not worth a top three pick. say we draft him, he's gonna get killed behind our line. confidence shoots down and he thinks too much in the pocket. joey harrington anyone? if long is gone, we need to entertain trade offers and if that doesnt work then we go with dorsey or ellis. our offense needs a LT to build itself around or it will just bust. we can grab a sam baker, carl nicks, or chris williams later but the chance they become what jake long can become is slim.

im just sick of ryan being considered the best qb after one special yet not so great year. how great are these intangibles of his if after a great start in the season, one loss and the latter half crumbles? i'd rather have colt brennan in the fourth than ryan in the first.
                        I agree with everything you said except that last part about Colt Brennan.
                        Originally posted by BamaFalcon59
                        Open minded is eggs and hot sauce (trading down for Leodis McKelvin, something like that). Stupid is ketchup mixed with milk (that would be drafting Chris Long at three).

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information