X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redman signs 2 year deal

I wonder how this will hurt the 3rd pick and Matt Ryan

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/s...dman_0301.html

I expected we'd keep him around, he looked the best (or maybe least bad) last season. What made me laugh to myself was this..

With Chris Redman re-signed, do you believe the Falcons will draft a QB?

Does anyone in the world answer no to this?

Comment

I could see us avoiding it...

Comment

This does not effect the draft at all. Chris Redman is not our future at quarterback so it has no effect.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          This does not effect the draft at all. Chris Redman is not our future at quarterback so it has no effect.

I might have to disagree even though I see what you are saying.

The question I have is, why hasn't Joey Harrington been cut if we are making this move? Let's say we bring in a QB via the draft. We are paying Joey alot to be our #3 QB. Let's say we go Ryan. We'd have too much $$$ locked up with QB's.

Comment

Chris Redman signed a two year, five million dollar contract that ends after next year. Joey Harrington signed a two year, six million dollar contract that ends after this year.

The quarterback position is still in flux.
            Virginia Tech.

Comment

How can this NOT effect us? That's not at all possible...lol. It inserts additional factors into the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                How can this NOT effect us? That's not at all possible...lol. It inserts additional factors into the equation.
                How does this effect the future of the QB position. Enlighten me.
                Virginia Tech.

Comment

What's this upcoming season? Present or future? The end.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                    What's this upcoming season? Present or future? The end.
                    So really you have no answer. This season is now, this draft is now. For the NFL that is. The future is two or more later years.
                    Virginia Tech.

Comment

Word is the deal is worth 12 Million, with 6 guaranteed. I personally think this is a great signing for the Falcons. Watching Redman last year it is clear that he has the potential to be a HOF quaterback. I think this makes the Falcons instant Superbowl Contenders. It seems Redman has been training hard this offseason and should be even better then last year. There was a lot of interest shown by other teams and the Falcons have proven themselves players in FA.

The question is how good do you all thin Redman will be. I am going to go out on a limb and say Redman to White will break the Brady to Moss records.
                      Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 03-01-2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

The official word is it's a 2 year deal worth 5 million dollars but has 3 million in escalators that could work out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                          Word is the deal is worth 12 Million, with 6 guaranteed. I personally think this is a great signing for the Falcons. Watching Redman last year it is clear that he has the potential to be a HOF quaterback. I think this makes the Falcons instant Superbowl Contenders. It seems Redman has been training hard this offseason and should be even better then last year. There was a lot of interest shown by other teams and the Falcons have proven themselves players in FA.

The question is how good do you all thin Redman will be. I am going to go out on a limb and saw Redman to White will break the Brady to Moss records.
                          What?! HOF?! you're crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                            What?! HOF?! you're crazy.
                            Sarcasm, bud.
                            Virginia Tech.

Comment

The question doesn't clarify round, that's why I'm laughing. I don't want a QB in the first... but not draft one period?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information