No announcement yet.

What is next for the Falcons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man you really think that QB > LT? How so? without a LT QB = nothing.

Comment

You can argue it either way.

Yes, a QB needs an LT to function properly.

But if we sign Maurice Williams, then Weiner can move to the left side, and he has shown himself to be a more than capable pass protector. Yes, we definitely need a franchise LT asap, but I think that Weiner can be an 8-8 LT. Whether we have an 8-8 QB on our roster is far more doubtful.

I'd still rate DT above MLB. I think that MLB is very much a complementary position, significantly dependent on the DTs in front of them. An average MLB can look very good sweeping up behind a quality line.

Also, I think that you are more likely to find a quality MLB in the 3rd/4th round than you are a quality DT.
      TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

QB is without a doubt the biggest need on this team. But due to the Michael Turner signing and Glenn Dorsey's talent, I think we draft Jake Long or Glenn Dorsey with our top pick (pick three).
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

What do you guys think is the possibility that Brian Brohm falls to round two?

Comment

It's certainly a possibility. But it might be more likely that, if he falls to the last few picks of the 1st round, someone gets antsy and trades up for him...
            TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by falconsrule View Post
              What do you guys think is the possibility that Brian Brohm falls to round two?
              Scott had him round 2 to the Ravens.
              If the rumored Hall trades ever go down, I wouldnt mind using one of those late 1st rounders on him.
              Bring Wesley Woodyard back home Tom.

Comment

With the injury to Trey Lewis, It's now neck and neck for me with Dorsey and Long. I know we're a long way from the season, but no way in hell he's 100% come opening day. Glen Dorsey may end up being the best fit for us because his ability vs the rest of the DTs...

1.) Glen Dorsey
                2a.) Carl Nicks

May give us the best value...but I really like Jake Long...

Then again...

1.) Glen Dorsey
                2a.) Brian Brohm
                2b.) top OT available
                Last edited by iloxygenil; 03-04-2008, 11:20 PM.

Comment

If we get a 1st round pick for Hall then i think the falcons should get Brian Brohm with it. Brohm looks like a better player then Ryan to me..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                    By the way. Ovie is a strength. The man is a monster.
                    Man. having Ovie and Turner in the backfield is gonna be insaine

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                      If we get a 1st round pick for Hall then i think the falcons should get Brian Brohm with it. Brohm looks like a better player then Ryan to me..
                      I think Brohm's arm is more than enough to make the throws, but they look like they float forever, he doesn't have a lot of zip, but his ball is SO catchable. I think that's good and bad, but looking at him with his pocket presence just makes me think Peyton Manning.

Comment

That's alot better than Matt Ryan Leaf

Comment

Brohm does not move around in the pocket near as well as Manning. He might have presence, but when protecton collapses he struggles to evade pressure.

Matt Ryan and Ryan Leaf comparison? Are you crazy? One had all of the physical tools but was a mess mentally. One has good, but not great, physical tools but his best attribute is his mental makeup and personality.
                          Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                            Matt Ryan and Ryan Leaf comparison? Are you crazy? One had all of the physical tools but was a mess mentally. One has good, but not great, physical tools but his best attribute is his mental makeup and personality.
                            He referenced Peyton, so I reference Mr. Leaf. It was a play on words.

And to be quite honest, If I had to predict which of the two he would more likely end up like, I'd have to go with Ryan Leaf.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                              Brohm does not move around in the pocket near as well as Manning. He might have presence, but when protecton collapses he struggles to evade pressure.

You're right, Peyton has been a pro for what a decade now? Or close to it, and Brohm is a Senior in college...of COURSE he doesn't have it as down pat as Mr. Manning does, HOWEVER...look at Peyton playing in college (which you likely can't remember) and look at Brohm...Brohm is VERY similar to Petyon.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                                You're right, Peyton has been a pro for what a decade now? Or close to it, and Brohm is a Senior in college...of COURSE he doesn't have it as down pat as Mr. Manning does, HOWEVER...look at Peyton playing in college (which you likely can't remember) and look at Brohm...Brohm is VERY similar to Petyon.
                                The attribute you mentioned was pocket presence. Brohm is good when he has protection, but not when he has to evade pressure. College QBs, not just pro QBs, do this. Matt Ryan is very good at throwing under pressure, or getting out of the pocket. It is generally an ability you have or you do not have, not one that you learn.
                                Virginia Tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information