Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is next for the Falcons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
    The attribute you mentioned was pocket presence. Brohm is good when he has protection, but not when he has to evade pressure. College QBs, not just pro QBs, do this. Matt Ryan is very good at throwing under pressure, or getting out of the pocket. It is generally an ability you have or you do not have, not one that you learn.
    You couldn't possibly be more incorrect by saying it's not something you learn. Ryan doesn't do well under pressure (see 19 INTs) when he's forced to move just like EVERY QB they lose something of their comfort level. Brohm has the ability to move in the pocket very well, Ryan's is fine, but just looking at Brohm the way he moves his feet, and the style in the pocket is so similar. But when you say you can't learn that, you couldn't be more wrong. Otherwise people wouldn't pay Vet QBs vs Rookies.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
      You couldn't possibly be more incorrect by saying it's not something you learn. Ryan doesn't do well under pressure (see 19 INTs) when he's forced to move just like EVERY QB they lose something of their comfort level. Brohm has the ability to move in the pocket very well, Ryan's is fine, but just looking at Brohm the way he moves his feet, and the style in the pocket is so similar. But when you say you can't learn that, you couldn't be more wrong. Otherwise people wouldn't pay Vet QBs vs Rookies.
      Do you even watch college football? I mean really. If you watched Ryan at all last year you would know he is fine under pressure, and evades it great. He also gets outside the pocket fine. But he tosses interceptions when he feels he has to make a big play, or when he has overconfidence in his arm. Sometimes he gets out of the pocket and makes big plays, other times he decides to throw a risky ball. Pressure is not the primary reason he threw interceptions. Add in bad wide receivers and a bad offensive line, and he is still doing fine.

      Todd Collins is a veteran QB. Teams would hire him because he is smart, and a sure thing. Can he evade pressure? No. Veteran QBs are looked at because of inteligence and being proven. Byron Leftwich and Joey Harrington are veterans. They are both horrible at evading pressure. But a guy who had not played in a few years prior to this, him being Chris Redman, is fine at evading pressure. While it might be possible to get better at it, it is most of the time natural. Ben Roethlisburger, Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, Vince Young, Steve McNair, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb etc etc all have the innate ability to escape pressure.

      Do not think intelligence and pocket presence are the same thing as the ability to escape pressure or preform under it. Brohm is fine at the first two, he struggles at the latter.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

      Next Up: 2012

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        I'd honestly love to have him on the Falcons. Put him at MLB and slide Brooking back to his natural WLB.


        Brooking....Spikes.....Boley

        I like it.

        Something I posted in the Takeo Spikes released thread. I'd like that move.

        Comment


        • #34
          Was he healthy last season? Thats his main issue.

          "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
            Was he healthy last season? Thats his main issue.

            He played 14 games. I think it'd be nice to sign him to a deal ala Zach Thomas.

            Comment


            • #36
              I would love to sign him. We could draft a LB late and have Brooking and Spikes play, until Nicholas and drafted LB are ready to play.

              "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                Do you even watch college football? I mean really. If you watched Ryan at all last year you would know he is fine under pressure, and evades it great. He also gets outside the pocket fine. But he tosses interceptions when he feels he has to make a big play, or when he has overconfidence in his arm. Sometimes he gets out of the pocket and makes big plays, other times he decides to throw a risky ball. Pressure is not the primary reason he threw interceptions. Add in bad wide receivers and a bad offensive line, and he is still doing fine.

                Todd Collins is a veteran QB. Teams would hire him because he is smart, and a sure thing. Can he evade pressure? No. Veteran QBs are looked at because of inteligence and being proven. Byron Leftwich and Joey Harrington are veterans. They are both horrible at evading pressure. But a guy who had not played in a few years prior to this, him being Chris Redman, is fine at evading pressure. While it might be possible to get better at it, it is most of the time natural. Ben Roethlisburger, Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, Vince Young, Steve McNair, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb etc etc all have the innate ability to escape pressure.

                Do not think intelligence and pocket presence are the same thing as the ability to escape pressure or preform under it. Brohm is fine at the first two, he struggles at the latter.
                You can learn to avoid pressure, period, the end, you lose, sorry. I'm tired of hearing your annoying attempts at trying to correct what you said in the first place. It's okay that I'm right, I promise. The more time you spend in a pocket the more relaxed you become, and the better you can learn to move around and avoiding the pressure in more effective ways. I'm not saying Ryan isn't fine at it, but QBs throw INTs because of pressure, I know Matt Ryan can't make a decision under pressure or not, but add pressure and it magnifies it, the best QB in world struggles more under pressure than without it.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                  You can learn to avoid pressure, period, the end, you lose, sorry.
                  Great attempt at an arguement. The rest is whining. You showed no knowlege of either prospect and did not comment on any of my post, showing you know nothing of the subject.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                  Next Up: 2012

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Do stop it, both of you.
                    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I try to make a draft conversation, he gos on and gos after me because he lacks knowlege of the subject.

                      There is a difference between a conversation and an arguement, and it keeps turning into an arguement.
                      Last edited by BamaFalcon59; 03-08-2008, 08:55 AM.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                      Next Up: 2012

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Erick Coleman will be the starting FS. Jimmy Williams will play a role similar to that of what Babineaux plays in Seattle.

                        Owner of ScarDraft
                        Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Personally, I think Erik Coleman should be a strong safety. Lawyer Milloy may yet be released.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                          Next Up: 2012

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information