Atlanta Falcons pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
    As of now, I don't expect Matt Ryan to be on the board at 3. If he is, I think that's the route they go. I also don't expect Dimitroff to deal up, unless it's a good deal.

There seems to be some rumblings that the Rams may still look Jake Long, but I doubt that. Thus, I think it's going to come down to Jake Long or Glenn Dorsey, with the decision perhaps coming down to Dorsey's medicals. If they are good, my guess is that they'll go Dorsey to build that D. Both the Patriots and the Jaguars were not organizations that drafted OL in the first that often. Granted, Mangini and the Jets doubled up on OL, but in this case, it's a scout from the Patriots, and not a coach. Big difference.

That said, it's close, and if Dorsey's medicals are in any way worrisome, then it's probably Long.

Still some time to go, although I think the top teams all have rough ideas of what they wish to do.
    you think miami or stl will draft ryan?

Comment

i know this is obvious, no matter which way they go (dorsey/ellis, long or ryan) they're still going to have huge holes at the positions they did not address, and they will have to take care of those holes with their 2nd round picks (at least barring a BPA scenario they can't pass up).

at the same time, if ryan's on the board, I don't think they can pass him up for several reasons. while any other year, he likely wouldn't be the first quarterback taken, and you can debate all you want about his decision making, but you can't deny his character and leadership skills. i know first hand that ryan spends a lot of time helping out with volunteer organizations on campus and is one of our only guys that doesn't clown around at all. with the vick fiasco, i don't think they can pass on a high character leader at that position.

moreover, mularkey is a former QB, and with some coaching, i think ryan can become an above average starting QB. granted, with the third overall you should get a superstar, but we all know those a few and far between.
      Let's get it done Spaziani.

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.

Comment

PLease dont take ellis. I want the raiders to take him.
        http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/s.../368jordan.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
          Ok, they cut two of their potential starting QB's, their former starting QB is in jail and their current starting QB is Chris Redman BUT, they cut their premier, former pro-bowl starting DT, another one of their DT's is injured, and their head coach is a former defensive coordinator for one of the most dominants DL's in a while BUT, their offensive line sucks.

WTF??????????

Rod Coleman was making a bunch of money, and couldn't stay on the field.

Comment

I dont think the Falcons should take Dorsey at 3 if those injury concerns are legit, they need the safest pick possible in the 1st rd, the last thing they need to worry about is this first pick not panning out and setting them back even more...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              I dont think the Falcons should take Dorsey at 3 if those injury concerns are legit, they need the safest pick possible in the 1st rd, the last thing they need to worry about is this first pick not panning out and setting them back even more...

He could still be a great pick. If Jamaal Anderson plays decent, our D-Line becomes very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                I have been saying Matt Ryan since November and I am sticking to it. Falcons fans were convinced they'd get McFadden as their "new face of the franchise" which seemed odd in countless fashions (scar) but Ryan simply makes too much sense here.

I don't see either DT going here....it's gonna be Ryan or Long.
                I wouldn't bet on it.

Our new GM has publicly criticized the idea of taking a QB with a top 5 pick.

You doubt we go DT yet our new defensive coordinator came from a team where the staple of their defense was a pair of stud DTs in Stroud and Henderson.

We have a new GM that came from the Pats franchise that started their dynasty in the draft by getting Richard Seymour (followed by Matt Light).

No way in hell we take that overrated QB that the media is trying to sell to us

Comment

Originally posted by megansett56BC View Post
                  while any other year, he likely wouldn't be the first quarterback taken, and you can debate all you want about his decision making, but you can't deny his character and leadership skills.
                  Based on merit, Ryan wouldn't sniff the first round in ANY draft.

Based on hype he's going to be a top 10 pick.

Character and leadership skills? Warrick Dunn has high character and great leadership skills but he can't play the game of football anymore or at least not at a high level.

It's unlikely Matt Ryan will EVER play it at a high level because poor decision making skills and average physical tools completely negate these so called intangibles that everyone is trying to sell.

It doesn't matter how much charisma Matt Ryan has in a huddle or on the sidelines if he's constantly throwing the ball to the opposing team.

Comment

Maybe ATL should trade their first to Dallas for their 2 firsts and get Ryan and a DT. I bet Ryan would still be available by then

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                      I have been saying Matt Ryan since November and I am sticking to it. Falcons fans were convinced they'd get McFadden as their "new face of the franchise" which seemed odd in countless fashions (scar) but Ryan simply makes too much sense here.

I don't see either DT going here....it's gonna be Ryan or Long.
                      it's gonna be Dorsey then Long than Ryan.

Owner of ScarDraft
                      Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                        Maybe ATL should trade their first to Dallas for their 2 firsts and get Ryan and a DT. I bet Ryan would still be available by then
                        Problem is those two picks are not even close to the value of the 3rd pick.

That and the fact that we should not touch that QB with a 10 foot pole

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                          you think miami or stl will draft ryan?
                          My expectation right now is Miami. St. Louis isn't in the market for a QB that high.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            If the medicals are bad, then yes, I'd pass on Dorsey. Most of what we hear is 2nd hand and none of us know the intent of said rumors. If Dorsey is cleared on their medicals, then it's tough to pass. I've said it before, but when healthy, I think he's the only elite talent in the draft, the best UT in the draft and a guy that's capable of 2-gapping in a 4-3 at a solid level. For a guy like Smith, that would be huge. For Dimitroff, shoring up the lines with that type of talent would be superb, particularly since he should have gameplanned enough to know that the 2nd tier DT has a bigger dropoff in value than the 2nd tier OT's, comparatively.

Comes down to the medicals.

Comment

I think it's going to be Jake Long, just because I don't think Matt Ryan will be there.

Comment

Jake Long or Dorsey, just because I think MIA is gonna take Ryan #1
                                I'd prefer Long then Brohm/Flacco/Henne with one of our two 2nd rounders
                                Bring Wesley Woodyard back home Tom.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information