No announcement yet.

Atlanta Falcons pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan doesn't need to be selected in the top 10 or even top 15 he needs to slip a LONG way in this draft because he's simply not that good. I think there's a lot of hype around him this year because he was able to win some games, but he gets credit for a better team than people give them credit for. He's the leader and had a couple impressive drives, but he had some real screw ups too. So, while I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Baltimore (and honestly I think they may get antsy and want to swap with Atlanta) I think he SHOULDN'T go that high.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
      Ryan doesn't need to be selected in the top 10 or even top 15 he needs to slip a LONG way in this draft because he's simply not that good. I think there's a lot of hype around him this year because he was able to win some games, but he gets credit for a better team than people give them credit for. He's the leader and had a couple impressive drives, but he had some real screw ups too. So, while I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Baltimore (and honestly I think they may get antsy and want to swap with Atlanta) I think he SHOULDN'T go that high.
      That Boston College team was average. The running game was nonexistant, the recievers were below average, the tight ends were below average, and outside of a couple good players the defense was average as well (Jaime Silva, Dijuan Tribble; the run defense was good but they did not play any impressive running teams).

You can say Ryan is overrated, I think he is more of a 5-10 range guy, but saying that Boston College team was good is not true.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

You're just proving my point for me. None of those guys got national attention, it was a solid TEAM, a solid TEAM makes the QB / WR / RB whoever the big name guy is for that team look better than they really are because they play together well and hide flaws. While they may not be a prolific team, BC was a solid squad...they should have been 10-3 losing both times to VT...however...they pulled it out because of Overrated's play in the first game. It's not something you can count on happening all the time, but the team itself had a good core of players and built a successful season because of it. But thanks for proving my point. I was talking about the team, not the strengths of individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
          You're just proving my point for me. None of those guys got national attention, it was a solid TEAM, a solid TEAM makes the QB / WR / RB whoever the big name guy is for that team look better than they really are because they play together well and hide flaws. While they may not be a prolific team, BC was a solid squad...they should have been 10-3 losing both times to VT...however...they pulled it out because of Overrated's play in the first game. It's not something you can count on happening all the time, but the team itself had a good core of players and built a successful season because of it. But thanks for proving my point. I was talking about the team, not the strengths of individuals.
          What part of the offensive 'team' played above average besides Matt Ryan? None of them. Andre Callender, the RB, had an okay year statistically but they could not even rely on him on third and short or to keep the clock moving. The offensive line was bad. The wide receivers were bad.

If you ever watched Boston College play, which from how you talk about Matt Ryan I doubt you did, you know he made that offense.

I do not know if Ryan will be a great NFL player. I think he has a significant chance of busting in the NFL, but I also think he could be very good. But saying that Boston College team, or more specifically offense, was even above average without Ryan is naive (sp). He made that team be successful, offensively at least.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information