Atlanta Falcons pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Falcons pick?

At first I thought for sure they would take Matt Ryan, then they had interest in Jake Long. Now they have little to no depth at DT since they let one of their best DT's go and another DT just got a serious injury.

This pick could go a number of ways. It could be Ryan, Long, Dorsey or Ellis IMO.

Falcons fans or anyone, what are your thoughts?

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

i think there need at the Tackle is still way bigger need the Defensive Tackle
    LT is one of the most important postion in the game so who ever there
    qb will be will need to e protected so i cant see them passing on Long

also Derrick Johnson will never be Derrick Thomas your sig ...

Comment

I have been saying Matt Ryan since November and I am sticking to it. Falcons fans were convinced they'd get McFadden as their "new face of the franchise" which seemed odd in countless fashions (scar) but Ryan simply makes too much sense here.

I don't see either DT going here....it's gonna be Ryan or Long.
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

jake long if he's there. they just signed turner to a big contract and they need to give him some help. theyll draft a QB in round 2 so they have to give him some help too. long makes the most sense.

i think the difference in QB talent from round 1 to round 2 is smaller than the difference in OT talent from Long to Nicks/Baker or whoever the best OT available

Comment

With a new OC in Mike Mularkey installing a power running game (Micheal Turner) if Jake Long is available he will be the pick we can go QB in the 2nd round or draft Brohm if he slips which is highly possible.

Comment

I hope for Jake Long, I expect Matt Ryan.

Comment

I think process of elimination makes their pick easier, Id probably say Jake Long and Matt Ryan are going to be rated higher then either DT, so whoever is left out of Ryan and Long will be the choice...I dont see any scenarios where they both would be on the board, so whoever is the guy there they take...I hope its Jake Long, I have always been high on Blalock and Long on the same side would be a great situation for any qb to walk into with some weapons on offense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

It will almost certainly be any one of Long, Dorsey or Ryan. There won't be any hints from FA, unless they make a big time trade for a QB. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
                TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Well the Falcons just cut Harrington. It's looking more and more like Ryan to me

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                    Well the Falcons just cut Harrington. It's looking more and more like Ryan to me

I don't think it signals anything. He wasn't going to start even if he was on the team.

I'd like Dorsey or Long, but it's going to be Ryan.

Comment

they could take long if he's there and trade up to the late middle of round 1 to take brohm if he's still up there with their 2 2nd rounders. or wait for henne or flacco

Comment

Ok, they cut two of their potential starting QB's, their former starting QB is in jail and their current starting QB is Chris Redman BUT, they cut their premier, former pro-bowl starting DT, another one of their DT's is injured, and their head coach is a former defensive coordinator for one of the most dominants DL's in a while BUT, their offensive line sucks.

WTF??????????
                        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

It all depends on the Pro Days. Whomever grades out the highest after that I'll figure they'll take, considering the great need at all three positions. Also depends on how the 2nd round prospects grade out to see what kind of value they could get then. Whether they take a QB in the first or the second, that same sort of pressure will be there, so I don't think it really matters in that sense. If Dorsey proves to be healthy and really impresses at his Pro Day, I would expect him over the other two, however.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

As of now, I don't expect Matt Ryan to be on the board at 3. If he is, I think that's the route they go. I also don't expect Dimitroff to deal up, unless it's a good deal.

There seems to be some rumblings that the Rams may still look Jake Long, but I doubt that. Thus, I think it's going to come down to Jake Long or Glenn Dorsey, with the decision perhaps coming down to Dorsey's medicals. If they are good, my guess is that they'll go Dorsey to build that D. Both the Patriots and the Jaguars were not organizations that drafted OL in the first that often. Granted, Mangini and the Jets doubled up on OL, but in this case, it's a scout from the Patriots, and not a coach. Big difference.

That said, it's close, and if Dorsey's medicals are in any way worrisome, then it's probably Long.

Still some time to go, although I think the top teams all have rough ideas of what they wish to do.

Comment

Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                              Ok, they cut two of their potential starting QB's, their former starting QB is in jail and their current starting QB is Chris Redman BUT, they cut their premier, former pro-bowl starting DT, another one of their DT's is injured, and their head coach is a former defensive coordinator for one of the most dominants DL's in a while BUT, their offensive line sucks.

WTF??????????
                              lol...way to clear up the situation and answer the guys question. That was one of the funnier posts ive read in a whille.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information