• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
    I think my sig quote says it the best.

I would be inclined to agree.

Comment

You know as fans we feel like were getting rob by the Raiders but on the flip side if Deangelo Hall would shut his mouth and just go out and play instead of acting like a Deva then maybe we wouldnt be put in this situation to make a trade...by the way screw Meangelo Hall you would think he would consider the fans but its all about the money....Im glad that were trading him because we need charactor guys and if Meangelo would stop trying to be the real #21 (Deion Sanders) maybe things would have work out...Screw Meangelo Hall!!!

Comment

Originally posted by falconsrule View Post
        You know as fans we feel like were getting rob by the Raiders but on the flip side if Deangelo Hall would shut his mouth and just go out and play instead of acting like a Deva then maybe we wouldnt be put in this situation to make a trade...by the way screw Meangelo Hall you would think he would consider the fans but its all about the money....Im glad that were trading him because we need charactor guys and if Meangelo would stop trying to be the real #21 (Deion Sanders) maybe things would have work out...Screw Meangelo Hall!!!

Sweet. We'll have a 2-14 team, but hey, as long as they aren't in the headlines, it's all good!

Comment

I don't understand why you guys seem to be so upset that the Giants trade didn't go through. The difference between the picks is minimal. The Giants have the last pick in the 1st Round and the Raiders have the third pick in the 2nd Round. There is a good chance that the same player the Falcons would target with the Giants pick is still around when the Raiders pick. He would come cheaper too.

Comment

Is this 100% official now?

Comment

I dont think its 100% just yet but im sure its pretty close....Quick question so what will we run on defense ive heard anything from the cover 2 and also man to man do anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by falconsrule View Post
                I dont think its 100% just yet but im sure its pretty close....Quick question so what will we run on defense ive heard anything from the cover 2 and also man to man do anybody know?
                Cover 2 is not a scheme. It is a play. A tampa 2 is a system of play, a style of play, an attitude. We are not running a tampa 2 from all indications. In Jacksonville Mike Smith ran a lot of cover 2, not tampa 2. He also apparently ran cover 3, and man to man as well. So I would say a prominantly zone system with man incorperated.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Coverages will be constantly mixed up as they are on any good team no doubt You can't run simply a cover 2 every play and expect QBs not to find holes in it. But we can expect to see a lot of it, as a base coverage.

Comment

I seriously can not believe we are trading DeAngelo Hall. Our best player. A twenty-four year old player. A two-time probowler (in four years). We might be in worse shape than any franchise in the NFL and we are shipping off our best player for a second round pick.

The Falcons are complete dumbasses. I agree with some of these signings, but cleaning out house like this is ludacris. The chances of grabbing a CB, or player, the caliber of DeAngelo Hall with our newly aquired second round pick are extremely thin. Odds are the player we pick at number three won't even be as good as him.
                    Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                      I seriously can not believe we are trading DeAngelo Hall. Our best player. A twenty-four year old player. A two-time probowler (in four years). We might be in worse shape than any franchise in the NFL and we are shipping off our best player for a second round pick.

The Falcons are complete dumbasses. I agree with some of these signings, but cleaning out house like this is ludacris. The chances of grabbing a CB, or player, the caliber of DeAngelo Hall with our newly aquired second round pick are extremely thin. Odds are the player we pick at number three won't even be as good as him.
                      Does this mean you're going to be 'rooting' for another team now?

Sit back and realize the team isn't going to be winning right away, so investing in a big ticket player (even one as great as Hall) could really set us back as far as a team goes, especially since we're looking to kinda change DB schemes anyway apparently. I love Hall, really, he's one of my favorite to watch and I love his passion on the field, even if he gets hosed with dumb penalties.

The TEAM can be better running a different scheme, you can have 1 elite player in the other scheme with others struggling to keep up making that 1 elite player look even better, while making the overall defense worse. If you can take 3 of the 4 DBs and put them in a scheme that is better for them then you can make the team better overall. Change can be good, and if by losing Hall it means we can make players fit better in a different scheme to make the team better then so be it.

I know that there is an entertainment side of the game, but putting butts in seats is only part of it, and if you're losing there's only so much fans will put up with, if you're winning you can count on the fans to be there no doubt. Overall the TEAM will be better without Hall, but it will miss him as well.

Comment

The deal is falling through according to Shefter.
                        Im thinking our compensation is only going to get lower after this. Why would a team offer a higher pick now that we have accepted a lower one. Dumb
                        Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                          Does this mean you're going to be 'rooting' for another team now?

Sit back and realize the team isn't going to be winning right away, so investing in a big ticket player (even one as great as Hall) could really set us back as far as a team goes, especially since we're looking to kinda change DB schemes anyway apparently. I love Hall, really, he's one of my favorite to watch and I love his passion on the field, even if he gets hosed with dumb penalties.

The TEAM can be better running a different scheme, you can have 1 elite player in the other scheme with others struggling to keep up making that 1 elite player look even better, while making the overall defense worse. If you can take 3 of the 4 DBs and put them in a scheme that is better for them then you can make the team better overall. Change can be good, and if by losing Hall it means we can make players fit better in a different scheme to make the team better then so be it.

I know that there is an entertainment side of the game, but putting butts in seats is only part of it, and if you're losing there's only so much fans will put up with, if you're winning you can count on the fans to be there no doubt. Overall the TEAM will be better without Hall, but it will miss him as well.
                          Hall would or will fit any scheme, unless it is a pure tampa 2. Mike Smith will not be running a tampa 2, therefore Hall would fit the scheme. Considering how young this team is going to be, there are only about three other players we need to maintain who are veterans, I do not understand why Hall can not be payed. DeAngelo Hall, no matter how you twist it, makes a defense better. Much better.
                          Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
                            The deal is falling through according to Shefter.
                            Im thinking our compensation is only going to get lower after this. Why would a team offer a higher pick now that we have accepted a lower one. Dumb
                            Very true. Watch us end up with a low second round pick. I can't say I would be done with the team, I already said I would be done if all we got was a low first round pick, and well we did not even get that.
                            Virginia Tech.

Comment

Okay...so remember when Hall said he'd take LESS money to play here? Lets see if he's really a man of his word and would, cause if he takes less money and stays here, we know he'll be locked up long term, but we had a 2nd and 6th round pick from Oakland, so we're not out of the hunt of getting a low first round pick and a 6th round pick or a mid 2nd and 4th or something like that.

Comment

Man I'd be thrilled if my Dolphins gave up low low 2nd and a 4th for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information