Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta trade DeAngelo Hall to Raiders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I think it is funny how all of the Falcons fans are now dissing Hall and trying to make themselves feel better about the trade.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

    Next Up: 2012

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      I think it is funny how all of the Falcons fans are now dissing Hall and trying to make themselves feel better about the trade.
      What else would you do? Its man's nature...As soon as you break up with a GF, you arent going to praise her and say she is perfect and wish you had her back. You are going to call her out for the stuff she didnt do to make yourself feel better.

      Join the fun Bama.

      "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

      Comment


      • #48
        I love Deangelo, he's a stud, I'll miss him greatly, but I think the team is better off actually...as a team...I really am going to miss him.

        Comment


        • #49
          I will not miss Hall for a second he would have made to a ton of money and was a cancer to the team. Our pass defense was near the bottom in the NFL (i think) with him so we can't get much worse without him. Just look what happen to the giants last year when Shockey got hurt.

          Comment


          • #50
            Did we just get a second rounder? nothing else?

            Sig by: BK

            02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
            Originally posted by fenikz
            we all hate you

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
              Did we just get a second rounder? nothing else?
              A second round pick and a sixth round pick.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

              Next Up: 2012

              Comment


              • #52
                Is 2 and 6 official now? I heard 2nd and 'other' compensation

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                  Is 2 and 6 official now? I heard 2nd and 'other' compensation
                  Yea thats what it says, 2 and 6 i still pretty bad for a pro bowler in his prime at his position.

                  Sig by: BK

                  02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Its 08 2nd and 09 5th.

                    "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                      Yea thats what it says, 2 and 6 i still pretty bad for a pro bowler in his prime at his position.
                      It wasnt that bad when you take in concideration that the Raiders have to deal with D. Hall's mouth and attitude and we dont :)

                      Sig by BK

                      “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Somehow we ended up with two second round picks (one future) for Matt Schaub and only a second and a (future) fifth for DeAngelo Hall. The reason? McKay played it cool like he could keep Matt Schaub if he did not get what we wanted. In this case it was clear we wanted him gone and he did as well. A little charisma and kindness to Hall could have went a long way towards keeping it on the low.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                        Next Up: 2012

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Who knows even if that would have helped, but I agree. Hall should have keep his mouth shut.

                          "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                            Somehow we ended up with two second round picks (one future) for Matt Schaub and only a second and a (future) fifth for DeAngelo Hall. The reason? McKay played it cool like he could keep Matt Schaub if he did not get what we wanted. In this case it was clear we wanted him gone and he did as well. A little charisma and kindness to Hall could have went a long way towards keeping it on the low.
                            Yeah...it sure seems that way...but the way he kinda blew it up at the Combine or whatever event that was, kinda left us holding the short end of the stick. I hope Deangelo does great out there, but I also hope we can turn one of those 2 picks into a great player for our team. Glad we can keep our salary cap number in check as well...10 mil a season for 1 player is just a bit much imo. You have 53 guys to sign and 1 of them is making like 8% of your total cap availability, just seems high to me, I love Hall, wish we could have kept him around here, but we couldn't so now I'll just move on. Houston was a great addition last year, and I really think Irons can play up for us...I keep reminding people that are so high on Houston that it was Irons who won the SEC's DB of the year award...the man can play some ball, and he brought it on ST. Had a couple screw ups, but I'll take that compared to a guy who's too scared to play, get out there and make your rookie mistakes.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                              Yeah...it sure seems that way...but the way he kinda blew it up at the Combine or whatever event that was, kinda left us holding the short end of the stick. I hope Deangelo does great out there, but I also hope we can turn one of those 2 picks into a great player for our team. Glad we can keep our salary cap number in check as well...10 mil a season for 1 player is just a bit much imo. You have 53 guys to sign and 1 of them is making like 8% of your total cap availability, just seems high to me, I love Hall, wish we could have kept him around here, but we couldn't so now I'll just move on. Houston was a great addition last year, and I really think Irons can play up for us...I keep reminding people that are so high on Houston that it was Irons who won the SEC's DB of the year award...the man can play some ball, and he brought it on ST. Had a couple screw ups, but I'll take that compared to a guy who's too scared to play, get out there and make your rookie mistakes.
                              I definitely agree on David Irons. He plays a bit too physical, because that is how he played in college. But he was very good at the Senior Bowl and some people projected him as a first day pick. I had him going in round three at one point. The knee injuries and concerns are all that held him back.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                              Next Up: 2012

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                                I seriously can not believe we are trading DeAngelo Hall. Our best player. A twenty-four year old player. A two-time probowler (in four years). We might be in worse shape than any franchise in the NFL and we are shipping off our best player for a second round pick.

                                The Falcons are complete dumbasses. I agree with some of these signings, but cleaning out house like this is ludacris. The chances of grabbing a CB, or player, the caliber of DeAngelo Hall with our newly aquired second round pick are extremely thin. Odds are the player we pick at number three won't even be as good as him.
                                I feel like you are speaking for the true fans with some scents in the ATL. I love the truth when I here or see it. BRAVO BamaFalcon Bravo!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information