No announcement yet.

Matt Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan is a guy who can throw the ball all game and still succeed, showed by his time at Boston College. He can dominate a game, but a running game would obviously help out. And if he does it in the clutch, I will love it.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Matt Ryan will be a solid pick for us. I dont think he will start week 1 he will sit and learn behind Chris Redman. Towards the end of the year when the playoffs are out of the question Ryan will step in and win a few games. The following year we can think about a winning season again when Ryan will be the full time starter.

Comment

Why are you guys fretting over what number he wears? It's not about how he looks or who he looks like that matters in the NFL. Personally, I wouldn't care if Matt Ryan had an afro, wore pink long sleeves, and donned yellow and green high socks that don't even match. The only thing I care about right now is that he takes over this franchise and works hard his rookie year to improve and hopefully get the NFL game down quickly.

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
        Ryan is a guy who can throw the ball all game and still succeed, showed by his time at Boston College. He can dominate a game, but a running game would obviously help out. And if he does it in the clutch, I will love it.
        I don't think Matt Ryan can "still succeed" when he throws the ball all game. That's why he had so many interceptions in Boston College because he was forced to throw the ball all game. It's obvious that we will running the ball 75% of the time, so I agree with you there that Matt Ryan will benefit from the running game - as long as it is successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Libid21 View Post
          Why are you guys fretting over what number he wears? It's not about how he looks or who he looks like that matters in the NFL. Personally, I wouldn't care if Matt Ryan had an afro, wore pink long sleeves, and donned yellow and green high socks that don't even match. The only thing I care about right now is that he takes over this franchise and works hard his rookie year to improve and hopefully get the NFL game down quickly.

I don't think Matt Ryan can "still succeed" when he throws the ball all game. That's why he had so many interceptions in Boston College because he was forced to throw the ball all game. It's obvious that we will running the ball 75% of the time, so I agree with you there that Matt Ryan will benefit from the running game - as long as it is successful.
          When you throw the ball 46 times a game you are going to get intercepted, especially when you have no rushing attack. And yes, it was 46 times a game.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
            Will Smith will need to get past Weiner or Baker. Good luck getting that to happen. Lawl.
            Hahaa, oh d34. How you make me laugh so.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by kiranadwaney View Post
              Matt Ryan will be a solid pick for us. I dont think he will start week 1 he will sit and learn behind Chris Redman. Towards the end of the year when the playoffs are out of the question Ryan will step in and win a few games. The following year we can think about a winning season again when Ryan will be the full time starter.
              Did you type that without laughing?

Comment

Originally posted by Self Rider View Post
                When I mean learn I mean learn the offense ect, while Redman plays I known he wont learn anything from Chris Redman, I mean what can he teach Ryan about being a successful QB in the league when he aint been one himself

Comment

The Falcons are now my #2 team in the NFL, you guys got my favorite football player. I have loved him ever since he filled in for Quentin Porter as a sophmore, no reason to stop now. He is going to be a great addition to your franchise.

Comment

I remember this like it was yesterday.

Head get knocked off

From my seats it looked like his head literally got knocked off his body.

Comment

Originally posted by Self Rider View Post
                      It's not much of learning how to play from Redman, but moreso learing the offense from Redman.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                      Originally posted by fenikz
                      we all hate you

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                        The Falcons are now my #2 team in the NFL, you guys got my favorite football player. I have loved him ever since he filled in for Quentin Porter as a sophmore, no reason to stop now. He is going to be a great addition to your franchise.
                        You're not alone...

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        we all hate you

Comment

wow. I really cant wait to see him play. I am so excited. the chance at a franchise QB is great.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

GREAT Matt Ryan + Falcons article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...505/index.html

Favorite part: Before the trip Dimitroff thought Dorsey, the LSU pass rusher, was the best player in the draft. But Ryan's workout in Chestnut Hill, Mass., and a three-hour dinner-interrogation started to change that thinking. At the restaurant Dimitroff tested the quarterback's loyalty to his teammates when he noted that Ryan's receivers had dropped some 50 passes last season. He asked if Ryan thought he'd have been a better passer with more talented wideouts. Ryan told the Falcons' group he'd take those guys any day of the week. "Perfect," Mularkey said later. "He could have killed them, but he was a great teammate."

Then in a 50-minute session using the whiteboard in the BC football meeting room, the coaches briefed Ryan on the offense Atlanta will run next season, explaining tendencies and playcalls. Musgrave drew a formation with motion, then gave the marker to Ryan. Mularkey would call out a play, and Ryan would have to show the route tree for his receivers and the progression of his reads. Ryan did so well -- better by far than the other five quarterbacks, Mularkey said later -- that the coordinator began throwing out more plays. For the final one, Mularkey described an option route with four receivers and quarterback movement, a play that sounded to Ryan like one BC ran called 335 Naked. Ryan rattled off the assignments of the four receivers and his progression -- how he'd look to the tight end first, slot receiver second and wideouts third and fourth.

"It wasn't just that he got it right," said Mularkey. "It's that he got it right fast, which is so important in this game. You've got to process information. We limit the terminology in our offense. We want it to be quick and up-tempo, and for the quarterback, intelligence is vital."

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I knew BC's receivers were bad, but wow, fifty dropped passes? And he still completed 59% of his passes! You were right, that is a great article.

Comment

It gave me the shivers. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information