Matt Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Ryan

Ok guys we got our face of the franchise. Do you guys think he will start out right away or what? and how will he be in his rookie campain?
    He will wear #2 hopefully be #1 (on the depth chart)

Last edited by Bosanac01; 04-27-2008, 11:18 PM.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
    Originally posted by fenikz
    we all hate you

he's gonna start in week 6 after we go 1-5.
    we'll finish the year 11-5. matt ryan is god and so is kroy. yes.. to dimitroff, there are two gods.

Comment

I hate it how he is wearing number 2. Anyone else? Number 2 looks weird on a QB.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
        I hate it how he is wearing number 2. Anyone else? Number 2 looks weird on a QB.
        i agree, idk y but it seems weird for a QB.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

Why doesn't he just wear 12?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I don't know when your bye week is, but that'd be my guess when Ryan starts. At that point, the hope would be that the OL would be somewhat gelling and that the run game would be solid, giving Ryan some protection.

Comment

Will Smith will eat him. That's all.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Why doesn't he just wear 12?
                Michael Jenkins owns the #12 jersey on the roster.

Comment

Matt Ryan is the anti-Michael Vick and that is why I think he will be a very good player for the Falcons. He is a high character, high intangibles, pocket passer with in-game poise. Those are things that Michael Vick never had, which is why he chronically underachieved despite his enormous talent.

Comment

well...I must say I'm very against us drafting Ryan when Dorsey was handed to us, but I guess now it's time to start pulling for the kid. My favorite play he made was one he was running out of the pocket, the defender was closing in and destroyed him, he saw it coming got rid of the ball, didn't chuck and duck, kept going and took the hit like a man and never flinched. That's balls right there, I give him mad props for that. But we'll just have to see what happens now. He better be in camp on time.

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                      well...I must say I'm very against us drafting Ryan when Dorsey was handed to us, but I guess now it's time to start pulling for the kid. My favorite play he made was one he was running out of the pocket, the defender was closing in and destroyed him, he saw it coming got rid of the ball, didn't chuck and duck, kept going and took the hit like a man and never flinched. That's balls right there, I give him mad props for that. But we'll just have to see what happens now. He better be in camp on time.
                      Good man. I like your ability to get behind the players on our team. Being bitter about things beyond one's control does not tend to lead to contentment.
                      TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

By the way, I read a great analysis of Ryan on CFN, which I think broadly summarises how I feel about him:

"Ryan is tough as nails, a great leader, and a winner who'll make a Pro Bowl or three, but he's not a once-in-a-generation type. While he's considered head-and-shoulders ahead of everyone else in the race to be the top NFL quarterback prospect in this year's draft, he's not a supreme talent like a Peyton Manning or Troy Aikman, and he doesn't do anything special like a JaMarcus Russell or Michael Vick. However, he's not David Carr or Alex Smith. Tall, mobile, smart, and with the poise and the skills to be a productive pro for the next ten years, there's no real downside; he looks the part. However, he's not the type of quarterback who'll carry an NFL team to greatness on his own, but he could eventually take a very good team over the top. Interceptions were a problem when he tried to do too much on his own, and he didn't handle the pressure well when defenses were able to hit him on a regular basis. Then again, neither did Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. "

I would compare him to Eli, Roethlisberger and River. He's not going to carry a team singlehandedly, as Elway or Peyton did at times, but if you give him a good team all-round, he can win you a superbowl. Even a very good team is unlikely to win without a quality QB. The Ravens and Bucs are the exception that proves the rule.
                        TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                          Will Smith will eat him. That's all.
                          Will Smith will need to get past Weiner or Baker. Good luck getting that to happen. Lawl.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I think Ryan is going to start right away honestly. And Ryan doesn't appear to be someone who is going to carry this team, but I could very well see him winning us a couple of games on that last drive, which was a gripe with Vick. If I'm remembering correctly, we had a very low scoring rate in the 4th quarter with him.
                            Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds; 04-28-2008, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Vick was clutch on last drives only. Not 4th quarters in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information