No announcement yet.

THE Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no i dont think Horn can be our go to guy.. He has lost a step but would be a GREAt mentor to Jenkins and White.. I think Roddy White will have a break out year this year with Petrino making Vick call audibles and throw more

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

I would LOVE to get Joe Horn. I know he's not a #1 WR, but having a VET leader like that, that's what we have been lacking, we tried to put people into that role, like Finneran, well we all know he's never led the league in receiving or been to the Pro Bowl, we could now finally get one of those for a decent price, and use him in the 4 WR sets and we know he knows how to get open, and Vick's chemistry with him was evident in the pro bowl a couple years back. Could be pretty nasty. Then we could bring in a WR in the draft as well to learn from Horn. If we get Steinbach too I'm going to be feeling REALLY good about this.

Comment

Horn is easily a #1 WR. Also, it's looking very likely for us to not only get Mughelli (officially we have him) but Horn AND Duckett for under a total of 3M this year.

Owner of ScarDraft
        Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Duckett would be welcomed back from me. He was a stud runner in Dan Reeves' traditional offense. Following Mughelli we could actually run in goal-line, 3rd and short, situations. Unlike last year, which was a painful sight to behold. The team dropped eleven slots in Offense (Points), due to the lack of punch in those situations. You cannot win when your rushing attack is based in the shotgun veer.

Comment

I could definately live with Duckett, Horn, Mughelli, and a Steinbach.

Comment

It seems like the team is going to address Offense via free agency. Defense in the draft.

Comment

Makes sense. The draft has more defensive talent than offense IMO. (This of course considering Calvin, Thomas, and Peterson are almost definately going to be gone before we pick).

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                  Makes sense. The draft has more defensive talent than offense IMO. (This of course considering Calvin, Thomas, and Peterson are almost definately going to be gone before we pick).
                  O-Line will probably be the only offense the team addresses in the draft.

Comment

it's not surpising. don't be surprised if a Nat Dorsey signing comes out of nowhere the way this Mughelli signing did.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

How good is Nat? I've never heard of him, or I forgot about him.

Comment

Awesome

5 Bargains, 5 Stay Aways of FA

AVOID

Patrick Kerney, defensive end, Falcons
                        With Dwight Freeney and Justin Smith getting the franchise tag, the available pool of defensive ends is shallow. That means teams looking to add a defensive end might overpay for Kerney, thinking he's their only option. That would be a mistake. Last season Kerney, a nine-year veteran, looked like he had lost a step. His annual sack total has declined from 13 in 2004 to 6.5 in 2005 to 4.5 last year, when he was limited to nine games because of a torn pectoral muscle. The team that signs Kerney needs to understand that the dominant pass rusher from 2004 is long gone.

Ashley Lelie, receiver, Falcons
                        Lelie's speed makes him attractive to teams that like to throw the deep ball, but he doesn't have good hands, doesn't run good routes, and doesn't pick up tough yardage over the middle. Expecting Lelie to be anything more than an extra receiver to come in on third-and-long is expecting too much.

BARGAIN

Ovie Mughelli, fullback, Ravens
                        The 255-pound Mughelli is a ferocious blocker and an excellent special teams player, and toward the end of last season he even showed that he can be effective with the ball in his hands, becoming a threat as a receiver out of the backfield and an occasional runner. Fullbacks don't get much attention, but the team that acquires Mughelli's services will make its running backs very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          How good is Nat? I've never heard of him, or I forgot about him.
                          he was damn good in college but never got a true chance at the pro level. is a good pass blocker but is the powerful run blocker we need at LG or LT. he played LT in college and shut down Julius Peppers whenever they played.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

well...our top OL picks are GONE, which REALLY sucks kinda pisses me off. We're going to have to hope for some gems in the draft. Brandon Frye is my pick.

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                              he was damn good in college but never got a true chance at the pro level. is a good pass blocker but is the powerful run blocker we need at LG or LT. he played LT in college and shut down Julius Peppers whenever they played.
                              Then why hasn't he done anything in O-Line starved Cleveland? It isn't like they have a plethora of stud Lineman, or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                Then why hasn't he done anything in O-Line starved Cleveland? It isn't like they have a plethora of stud Lineman, or anything.
                                because they have some solid tackles and they won't give him a chance at LG. they do have some solid guys there at tackle in Shaffar and Tucker but he started the last 2 games at RT and is their starting RT unless someone signs him away or unless they spend a top pick on a OT.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information