No announcement yet.

THE Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edwin Mulitalo has a visit scheduled for Atlanta. He is a 6'4" 350-lbs, 32-year old, Left Guard. I would love to add him, he is definitely a road grader. That would leave young depth as the only O-Line need on draft day, if they sign him.

Comment

Fred Gibson signed a camp contract back in Early Feb.. He wasn't active on an NFL roster which made him eligible to be signed. I think he will beat out Jennings. Jennings will take over as the full time KR/PR after the release/trade of Rossum, which I support 100%.

Anybody know if they retained YOUNGBLOOD?
      I know Jamin Elliot will also make the squad which would give the Falcons tons of descent receivers.
      Horn
      Finn
      White
      Jenkins
      Jennings
      Gibson
      Elliott
      Youngblood?

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        Edwin Mulitalo has a visit scheduled for Atlanta. He is a 6'4" 350-lbs, 32-year old, Left Guard. I would love to add him, he is definitely a road grader. That would leave young depth as the only O-Line need on draft day, if they sign him.
        what about left tackle?
        Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

I think the team's plan is to keep Gandy around, hoping Omiyale can beat him out in camp. The only immediate need is a starting Left Guard, ideally a big mauler. Then the rest of the line re-bulk up, after four of them lost weight to play in Gibbs' scheme. Four of the current starters all started in traditional schemes, at heavier weight, before slimming down to fit into the new system that was implemented in '04. Though, McClure, Weiner, Gandy, are all old, Forney nearing 30, so young depth should be a concern.

Comment

Mulitalo would be a great pick up, but we'll probably need to restructure a little to add him.

As for Horn, if it's true that it is $19mill, $7.5mill guaranteed in first two years, then i suspect that it will be a $3.5 mill cap hit for the first two years, then $6mill unguaranteed for the last two years. I'd be amazed if Horn wasn't just a two year falcon.

I'd like to add Levi Brown if we get #20ish for Schaub, but otherwise I agree that we will probably just be looking for depth. Fortunately, many people have commented that this is a good draft for OL depth.
            TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

I saw on a mock that had the Falcons picking LaRon Landry in 1st round and Sydney Rice in 2nd round.. But i also saw that Griffin was there for us in the 2nd round.. would you guys like Landry and Griffin in our secondary? it will be young with Hall, Williams, Landry, Griffin but it would be great

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
                Mulitalo would be a great pick up, but we'll probably need to restructure a little to add him.

As for Horn, if it's true that it is $19mill, $7.5mill guaranteed in first two years, then i suspect that it will be a $3.5 mill cap hit for the first two years, then $6mill unguaranteed for the last two years. I'd be amazed if Horn wasn't just a two year falcon.

I'd like to add Levi Brown if we get #20ish for Schaub, but otherwise I agree that we will probably just be looking for depth. Fortunately, many people have commented that this is a good draft for OL depth.
                According to NFL Network; 4 years, 15 million. I'd lean toward that number as being the most accurate.

Comment

anyone predict any more signings?

Comment

I don't think we'll be doing much more, we don't have the $$$ to do much else.

Comment

• Two new pieces of information:

Free agent DT Ian Scott has set up a meeting with the Falcons.
                      He would be a fine Nose Tackle, in rotation with Grady Jackson.

The Dolphins are discussing an Olindo Mare trade with the Browns, Saints, Giants, and Falcons, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
                      They would be lucky to get a 7th round pick for him.

Comment

• one big story line to watch: does Moss get traded?

If so, then I reckon the Raiders will take CJ.

If not, then I'd expect them to pass, which could leave CJ going to the Bucs, which would make me cry lots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          Two new pieces of information:

He would be a fine Nose Tackle, in rotation with Grady Jackson.

CERTAINLY WOULD. WOULD PROBABLY RULE OUT OKOYE?

They would be lucky to get a 7th round pick for him.
                          I THOUGHT THEY HAD ALREADY RELEASED HIM, BUT YEAH, NO WAY THEY GET A DECENT PICK. HE'D BE A DECENT SOLUTION FOR US.

Comment

• all this speculation about moss wanting to play for gb.. i'm wondering what farve is thinking. if there was a possible trade, would it involve a packer wr?

if the bucs get cj, hall, or whoever is covering him, is gonna get destroyed.

Comment

• CJ is nasty, and I would HATE to see him twice a year. That's why I think our coaches move up to #2 with Detroit with Schaub trade, IF he doesn't go #1

Comment

• I would be very pleased if we signed Ian Scott. He would be perfect as a Nose Tackle. Grady Jackson is old, is injury prone, he is best served as a situational player at his age/size/health combination. That would give the team a 4-man rotation at DT, with two veterans, two young players.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information