Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
    Surely there is a 6"7 255 lb TE with baseball mit hands that catches everything somewhere in college FB. He can even run a 4.8 40 and not know how to block...i just think that is a dimension of player we dont have right now and would be good to add
    Chase Coffman 6'6 250 ...Not to mention good genes. His dad was an NFL TE for years.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post
      Chase Coffman 6'6 250 ...Not to mention good genes. His dad was an NFL TE for years.
      I would love to get Chase Coffman, his athletic ability blows me off for his size. He looks slow though, but his hands are great.

      Sig by: BK

      02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
      Originally posted by fenikz
      we all hate you

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
        Surely there is a 6"7 255 lb TE with baseball mit hands that catches everything somewhere in college FB. He can even run a 4.8 40 and not know how to block...i just think that is a dimension of player we dont have right now and would be good to add
        There is one. His name is Jermaine Gresham from Oklahoma.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          There is one. His name is Jermaine Gresham from Oklahoma.
          What up Kev. Ya but hes a first rounder, we are def not targeting a TE in round 1

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
            I would love to get Chase Coffman, his athletic ability blows me off for his size. He looks slow though, but his hands are great.
            Ya but Bos have you seen him play. Hes not blazing but its not like were gonna have another Vernon Davis.

            He has a huge frame and catches everything. His athleticism is nuts, he hurdles everything and his body control is great. By far my favorite TE prospect in a long time, Im calling it, he will have a Shockey rookie season.

            Comment


            • His times speed wont be crazy but def in the 4.6-4.7 range. Im fine w/ that.

              Comment


              • I was looking at Jason Witten's numbers when he cam out...6'6 264 and was said to run a 4.67. Yes he is a little bigger than Coffman but his major weakness going into the NFL was blocking so Im sure Chase could put on 10 lbs and become a much better blocker.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post
                  His times speed wont be crazy but def in the 4.6-4.7 range. Im fine w/ that.
                  Dude that's fast for a TE. I doubt he gets in 4.7 range.

                  Here are the UFA TE for 2009:

                  Desmond Clark, UFA, Chicago Bears
                  Will Heller, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
                  Eric Johnson, UFA, New Orleans Saints
                  Jeff King, RFA, Carolina Panthers
                  Jim Kleinsasser, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
                  Leonard Pope, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
                  Daniel Wilcox, UFA, Baltimore Ravens


                  Not much to see.

                  Sig by: BK

                  02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

                  Comment


                  • Keep an eye out for Brian Mandeville of Northeastern. He's a small school guy but he's huge and really talented. He'd be an excellent 3rd/4th rounder

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                      Dude that's fast for a TE. I doubt he gets in 4.7 range.

                      Here are the UFA TE for 2009:

                      Desmond Clark, UFA, Chicago Bears
                      Will Heller, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
                      Eric Johnson, UFA, New Orleans Saints
                      Jeff King, RFA, Carolina Panthers
                      Jim Kleinsasser, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
                      Leonard Pope, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
                      Daniel Wilcox, UFA, Baltimore Ravens


                      Not much to see.
                      Ya thats ugly. I wouldnt be surprised at all if the Falcons added a big name FA. Especially after how Turner has played out.

                      Comment


                      • I just found out that Chase Coffman's avg. forty going into his senior yr was a 4.8 w/ a low 40 of a 4.76. So your right Bos, he wont have great timed speed, but he will train for that in the combine. We might need him to run slightly slower if we are targeting him.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post
                          I just found out that Chase Coffman's avg. forty going into his senior yr was a 4.8 w/ a low 40 of a 4.76. So your right Bos, he wont have great timed speed, but he will train for that in the combine. We might need him to run slightly slower if we are targeting him.
                          Quite Frankly I dont really care much about his speed, just that he can catch and get open. TEs arent burners, or deep threats. They are good in the Red Zone and on 3rd downs, thats all we'll need from him.

                          Sig by: BK

                          02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                          Originally posted by fenikz
                          we all hate you

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                            Quite Frankly I dont really care much about his speed, just that he can catch and get open. TEs arent burners, or deep threats. They are good in the Red Zone and on 3rd downs, thats all we'll need from him.
                            Agreed. This bye week is gonna suck but then again Im glad they can rest and prepare.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post
                              Agreed. This bye week is gonna suck but then again Im glad they can rest and prepare.
                              Yes, for sure. They are starting to get banged up, so this will be a good time for them to heal and take a little break. Hopefully our focus will still be there come week 8. I believe Matt Ryan will keep tearing it up from now on, and theres no looking back. Speaking of resting, i should go sleep man i got school tommorrow. Later.

                              Sig by: BK

                              02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              we all hate you

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                                Yes, for sure. They are starting to get banged up, so this will be a good time for them to heal and take a little break. Hopefully our focus will still be there come week 8. I believe Matt Ryan will keep tearing it up from now on, and theres no looking back. Speaking of resting, i should go sleep man i got school tommorrow. Later.
                                Peace man, Talk w/ ya tmrw

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information