2009 Falcons Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
    Surely there is a 6"7 255 lb TE with baseball mit hands that catches everything somewhere in college FB. He can even run a 4.8 40 and not know how to block...i just think that is a dimension of player we dont have right now and would be good to add
    Chase Coffman 6'6 250 ...Not to mention good genes. His dad was an NFL TE for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post
      Chase Coffman 6'6 250 ...Not to mention good genes. His dad was an NFL TE for years.
      I would love to get Chase Coffman, his athletic ability blows me off for his size. He looks slow though, but his hands are great.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
      Originally posted by fenikz
      we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
        Surely there is a 6"7 255 lb TE with baseball mit hands that catches everything somewhere in college FB. He can even run a 4.8 40 and not know how to block...i just think that is a dimension of player we dont have right now and would be good to add
        There is one. His name is Jermaine Gresham from Oklahoma.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          There is one. His name is Jermaine Gresham from Oklahoma.
          What up Kev. Ya but hes a first rounder, we are def not targeting a TE in round 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
            I would love to get Chase Coffman, his athletic ability blows me off for his size. He looks slow though, but his hands are great.
            Ya but Bos have you seen him play. Hes not blazing but its not like were gonna have another Vernon Davis.

He has a huge frame and catches everything. His athleticism is nuts, he hurdles everything and his body control is great. By far my favorite TE prospect in a long time, Im calling it, he will have a Shockey rookie season.

Comment

• His times speed wont be crazy but def in the 4.6-4.7 range. Im fine w/ that.

Comment

• I was looking at Jason Witten's numbers when he cam out...6'6 264 and was said to run a 4.67. Yes he is a little bigger than Coffman but his major weakness going into the NFL was blocking so Im sure Chase could put on 10 lbs and become a much better blocker.

Comment

His times speed wont be crazy but def in the 4.6-4.7 range. Im fine w/ that.
                  Dude that's fast for a TE. I doubt he gets in 4.7 range.

Here are the UFA TE for 2009:

Desmond Clark, UFA, Chicago Bears
                  Will Heller, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
                  Eric Johnson, UFA, New Orleans Saints
                  Jeff King, RFA, Carolina Panthers
                  Jim Kleinsasser, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
                  Leonard Pope, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
                  Daniel Wilcox, UFA, Baltimore Ravens

Not much to see.

we all hate you

Comment

• Keep an eye out for Brian Mandeville of Northeastern. He's a small school guy but he's huge and really talented. He'd be an excellent 3rd/4th rounder

Comment

Dude that's fast for a TE. I doubt he gets in 4.7 range.

Here are the UFA TE for 2009:

Desmond Clark, UFA, Chicago Bears
                      Will Heller, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
                      Eric Johnson, UFA, New Orleans Saints
                      Jeff King, RFA, Carolina Panthers
                      Jim Kleinsasser, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
                      Leonard Pope, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
                      Daniel Wilcox, UFA, Baltimore Ravens

Not much to see.
                      Ya thats ugly. I wouldnt be surprised at all if the Falcons added a big name FA. Especially after how Turner has played out.

Comment

• I just found out that Chase Coffman's avg. forty going into his senior yr was a 4.8 w/ a low 40 of a 4.76. So your right Bos, he wont have great timed speed, but he will train for that in the combine. We might need him to run slightly slower if we are targeting him.

Comment

I just found out that Chase Coffman's avg. forty going into his senior yr was a 4.8 w/ a low 40 of a 4.76. So your right Bos, he wont have great timed speed, but he will train for that in the combine. We might need him to run slightly slower if we are targeting him.
                          Quite Frankly I dont really care much about his speed, just that he can catch and get open. TEs arent burners, or deep threats. They are good in the Red Zone and on 3rd downs, thats all we'll need from him.

we all hate you

Comment

Quite Frankly I dont really care much about his speed, just that he can catch and get open. TEs arent burners, or deep threats. They are good in the Red Zone and on 3rd downs, thats all we'll need from him.
                            Agreed. This bye week is gonna suck but then again Im glad they can rest and prepare.

Comment

Agreed. This bye week is gonna suck but then again Im glad they can rest and prepare.
                              Yes, for sure. They are starting to get banged up, so this will be a good time for them to heal and take a little break. Hopefully our focus will still be there come week 8. I believe Matt Ryan will keep tearing it up from now on, and theres no looking back. Speaking of resting, i should go sleep man i got school tommorrow. Later.

we all hate you

Comment

Yes, for sure. They are starting to get banged up, so this will be a good time for them to heal and take a little break. Hopefully our focus will still be there come week 8. I believe Matt Ryan will keep tearing it up from now on, and theres no looking back. Speaking of resting, i should go sleep man i got school tommorrow. Later.
                                Peace man, Talk w/ ya tmrw

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information